IGNORED

New Blog alert...This one will be fun! - Jacinda

I personally know Jacinda...the "20-year old girl" who is very happily married and very much in love with her husband, who if I may say so, is such a strong leader and sweet father and husband. They have two beautiful children, and are trying their very best to be the best examples they can be so they can grow up in a happy home.

The lovely 20 year old girl was posting about spanking a sick baby. I mean, really, isn't that evil in its purest form.

How do I know she was talking about spanking? Because she posts that she likes the Pearls. That book is basically a child beating manual, that is the entire point of the damn book. Nobody who is a gentle, non-child-beating parent would discuss that book in a positive way.

Someone needs to stand up for that sick little girl. Apparently you won't be that person. Now stfu so the adults can talk.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not trying to make things "go over well"...simply trying to point out that judging someone is wrong when you have no idea in the world what these people are like...

Jacinda and her husband absolutely do NOT beat their children till they listen. Disciplining a sick child is not wrong if it's done out of love. They want her to know that she still can't get away with everything just because she's sick. Later on if they gave in all the time, she would most likely end up thinking that she could get what she wanted to if she cried or whined. They are dealing with the problem and being consistent and firm in what Charity is allowed and not allowed to do. I see no wrong in that.

Jacinda is the opposite of "sick human being" that you put her up to be. She is one of the most loving, sweet, affectionate, sincere lady's that I have ever known and she loves her children and her husband to the fullest that she can. I have seen this first hand on many many occasions.

I'm not trying to make things "go over well"...simply trying to point out that judging someone is wrong when you have no idea in the world what these people are like...

Jacinda and her husband absolutely do NOT beat their children till they listen. Disciplining a sick child is not wrong if it's done out of love. They want her to know that she still can't get away with everything just because she's sick. Later on if they gave in all the time, she would most likely end up thinking that she could get what she wanted to if she cried or whined. They are dealing with the problem and being consistent and firm in what Charity is allowed and not allowed to do. I see no wrong in that.

Jacinda is the opposite of "sick human being" that you put her up to be. She is one of the most loving, sweet, affectionate, sincere lady's that I have ever known and she loves her children and her husband to the fullest that she can. I have seen this first hand on many many occasions.

Her baby was SICK. When a child is that young, they don't have the mental capacity to deceive their parents and try to trick them into doing things for them. She was SICK. Most likely in pain. You don't fault a child for being in pain. That's disgusting. She can't get away with everything? She wants too much? She's a BABY. What is she supposed to do? Get up and take her medicine by herself and tuck herself into bed?

Her baby was SICK. When a child is that young, they don't have the mental capacity to deceive their parents and try to trick them into doing things for them. She was SICK. Most likely in pain. You don't fault a child for being in pain. That's disgusting. She can't get away with everything? She wants too much? She's a BABY. What is she supposed to do? Get up and take her medicine by herself and tuck herself into bed?

Seriously. I have a toddler the exact same age as Charity (born days apart). Trust me, when he is sick he isn't trying to "get away" with anything! Especially when Jacinda made that post, our kids were not even a year and a half old yet. To think that a sick BABY needed ANY kind of discipline is at best extremely stupid and immature. Why are you even defending this behavior when Jacinda herself basically admitted it was wrong by removing the offending post from her blog?

Disciplining a sick child is not wrong if it's done out of love. They want her to know that she still can't get away with everything just because she's sick. Later on if they gave in all the time, she would most likely end up thinking that she could get what she wanted to if she cried or whined. They are dealing with the problem and being consistent and firm in what Charity is allowed and not allowed to do. I see no wrong in that.

If you don't see anything wrong with disciplining a 1 year old baby, who just that morning got out of the hospital, then you are as sick as your friend. Hear me when I say, INFANTS DO NOT MANIPULATE THEIR PARENTS. Especially sick ones. A one year old isn't capable of manipulation.

Ok, see mrs.vtobe. we have a major difference of opinion here at FJ about beating 1 year olds.

For most of us, any form of discipline, whether the parent claims its out of love or not, is not acceptable in a child of 1 years of age. ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE SICK!!!!!!!!

For me, if you think its ok to discipline a sick 1 year old baby, who can't even communicate what is going on with them at that moment, than you are an asshole. Its a plain and simple fact.

Ok, you can back up your beleifs with some lovely quotes from the Pearls. But its not gonna work here, honey.

mrsvtobe, it is absolutely OK to judge the writings that someone publishes for the world to read.

To many of us moms here, the idea of agonizing about whether a sick one year old is being sinful and manipulative is just bizarre.

Oh mrsvtobe,

Sweetie, I suggest you listen to Koala. You aren't gonna "convict" anyone here of our rudeness. You will only succeed in annoying people and making me break out the steam cleaner.

Now run along and reread Created to Be His Doormat Helpmeet.

I know Charity is a BABY and I realize she was SICK...

however, that doesn't change the fact that she is still just as much a sinner as you and I.No, she hasn't had all the years to figure out the ways to manipulate and trick other people like we're so good at, but she has a heart and soul just like anyone and everyone else, and Jacinda and her husband are trying in their best way, to train her up in a God- glorifying way. That's the best way any parent should desire to train up their children.

however, that doesn't change the fact that she is still just as much a sinner as you and I.No, she hasn't had all the years to figure out the ways to manipulate and trick other people like we're so good at, but she has a heart and soul just like anyone and everyone else, and Jacinda and her husband are trying in their best way, to train her up in a God- glorifying way. That's the best way any parent should desire to train up their children.

Ok, you have to be a fake.

ZzOMG, FJ is taking away all my friends! She posted on Jacinda's blog comments re: the evils of FJ and meanies on the internet so I checked out her blog:

simplyblessed5.blogspot.com/2011/06/life.html

If you KNOW that you are posting something "controversial," wouldn't you expect there to be dissenting opinions? :think:

The hardest part for me is knowing when and how to discipline a sick child who's still too young to reason with. Is she misbehaving because she's over tired, or because she's actually a sinner? Is she whining because her throat hurts, or because she wants her own way? Is she crying because something doesn't feel right, or because she's trying to wrap me around her finger? Or is it a combination of both?

The hardest part for me is knowing when and how to respond to a sick child who's still to young to reason with. Am I unwilling to pick her up and comfort her because I am over tired, or because i'm actually a sinner? Am I annoyed at her whining because I think it is my responsibility to stamp out all neediness in my children, or because I really would rather be writing another blog post? Do I want to leave her crying alone in her crib because it's important for her to learn not to be too demanding, or because making sure the house is spic and span at all times is more important to my public image as a good christian mother? Or is it a combination of both?

What sin was the 1 year old guilty of? Seriously. To be a "sinner" one must sin. What sin are you alleging that this baby has committed?

Just to be clear, you are asserting that it is justifiable to "discipline" a 1 year old baby who only hours before was in the hospital, correct? You are further suggesting that this was both logical and acceptable, because said baby is a sinner in the process of honing her manipulation skills?

This is the problem I have. You do NOT TRAIN your child. You don't. You train dogs. And cats. But not your children. Trust me. My parents RAISED me in a "God- glorifying" way. Church every Sunday. Confirmation. Church activities. I did it all. But not once have my parents said that they TRAINED me properly. No. Because my parents love me. They RAISED me properly. But of course, I didn't go to your church, so I'm the worst kind of sinner and I'm going to hell. Also, when I have kids I'm not going to train them. I'm going to raise them. And teach them. And LOVE on them every possible second that I can because I truly do believe that children are a blessing. I would never hurt my child like that. There's a huge difference between disciplining and harming you child.

Guest Anonymous

mrsvtobe: What are you hoping to accomplish? What is the end goal of your interaction with the posters here?

Proverbs 22:6

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

Oh is that from the Bible? Hmm. Do you realize that the Bible has been translated hundreds of times? You can also interpret the Bible any way you want, honey. It may say "train" but you take it to an extreme. Do you guys believe in Jesus? Remember? The Son of God? I dunno if you've heard of him. Didn't He preach love?

however, that doesn't change the fact that she is still just as much a sinner as you and I.

Obviously you don't realize that she is only a baby and sick. Because then you would know that this sick, hurting baby is terrified. She does not have her mother's life experience; she does not know that she will someday be better. All she knows is a world of hurt.

And her mother is thinking about discipline. Not about showering her with love, coming up with ingenious ways to distract her from pain and discomfort, but about how to break her spirit because she is, after all, in her mother's eyes, a sinner.

Her mother sees her as a sinner first, a sad miserable little creation of God second. That concerns me. I've had sick babies and my worry was that their pain would affect them in the long term, that they would be scarred from their illnesses the same way they might be if I were the one inflicting the misery. Read a few studies; chronically ill children can have attachment issues for that exact reason.

You never need a loving mother more than when you are sick. When I worked in a nursing home, Alzheimer's patients would call for their moms at night. My grandmother was crying for her mother when she died. Because mothers are supposed to be nurturing you through those moments, not thinking about ways to discipline you.

Have you gone and told her that? Because her whole blog if full of judging people who don't live exactly just like she is. Anyone who isn't living the life just as she interprets the Bible as commanding is doing it wrong.

Deuteronomy 23:3 (KJV) A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD.

While I suspect this is a verse solely based on someone's parentage, could it not be a condemnation of someone's character as well? Because someone is being a bastard...

Proverbs 22:6

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

Luke 17:2

"It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones."

We could do this all day!!

I've been reading some of the comments on here, and personally, I find them extremely rude and some rather disgusting. I think we all need to look at ourselves. We all have our own beliefs, our own personal opinions and preferences, so why the need to go and bash someone who you may differ with? You're not building anyone up, or benefiting anyone in doing so, just making yourself feel better by making fun of something you don't agree with.

I personally know Jacinda...the "20-year old girl" who is very happily married and very much in love with her husband, who if I may say so, is such a strong leader and sweet father and husband. They have two beautiful children, and are trying their very best to be the best examples they can be so they can grow up in a happy home.

When you make sarcastic, derogatory remarks and tear apart everything that she posts or writes about just because you don't agree with her, you're in a sense, doing exactly the same thing. She has her beliefs which she wants to share because that's what she believes is right, and you have yours. They may be completely opposite, but what makes you any better than her? What makes your opinions and thoughts more acceptable than hers? Nothing.

I think we should maybe try and stop acting so childishly and stop tearing people down when you really have absolutely no idea who they are or what they are like as real human beings..

What you are missing here is how Jacinda has publically blogged about disciplining her 1 year old child who was whiny due to being sick.

Now, you can begin to instil discipline into a 1 year old. It starts with saying 'no' and then you re-direct. However, the point here is that the child was sick and therefore was whiny. Show me any 1 year old, in fact any child (hell, I get whiny when I am sick) that isn't whiny when they are sick. A sick, whiny child is not a naughty child. They are whiny because they are sick and want mummy to make them feel better. A cuddle works wonders, disciplining that child will only create a more whiny child and one that feels so much worse because mummy isn't providing what that child needs.

My daughter is ten years old. She came home from school today with a 'tummy cake' (she's autistic so her speech isn't great and a 'tummy cake' is how she pronounces 'tummy ache'). First thing I did was get her a cold drink and then I sat snuggling her on the sofa because that is what she needed. Now she is ten, this baby we're talking about is one. What that child needed was cuddles and snuggles off his/her mother, not discipline. He/She needed to feel loved and comforted and I can guarantee you that had Jacinda done that, her child would have felt a whole load better.

The problem with all this extreme patriarchy lark is that when it is interfering in family life like this, it is telling mothers to ignore their natural instinct. Any mother of a sick baby will tell you the first instinct is to cuddle that child, not discipline it.

Have you gone and told her that? Because her whole blog if full of judging people who don't live exactly just like she is. Anyone who isn't living the life just as she interprets the Bible as commanding is doing it wrong.

Exactly.

Matthew 7:1-2

"Do not judge, so that you may not be judged. For with the judgement you make you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get."

however, that doesn't change the fact that she is still just as much a sinner as you and I.

OK, any patience I had for you, with you being a newbie and knowing this woman has now gone right out the window.

It's a baby. End of. You can take your talk of sinning babies and GTFO of here as far as I am concerned.

"Kindly telling our daughter that she may not have a temper is a form of discipline."

I am sure a 1-year old understands what "you may not have a temper" means.

Archived