IGNORED

Katie M. had her baby

PBrooke

Her 5th, and 2nd girl. Takes the S'morton'er grandkids total to 9 boys and 3 girls.

Funnily enough, Anna Grace is my goddaughter's name. She's an Orthodox Jewish little girl though. :P

Finally! I don't know why due dates in that family tend to be so far off. Maybe it's hard to figure out just when you conceived when you're nursing and don't use birth control? I dunno.

I like the name Anna Grace; to me, it's the nicest of all the grandkids' names.

I wonder why Adeline didn't do a labor post? I think she has for each baby so far.

I get the impression Katie had this baby at her own home (or the Smith's home, or a hospital, who knows) and NOT the Morton compound, so Adeline wasn't there. Also, if I remember correctly Katie's last few labors have only been a few hours long; maybe they didn't even bother to call over 'til after she'd had the baby. Or maybe it's harder to get excited when it's kid #5? Naw, I would think they would get excited regardless...

Adeline seems to have been much more busy with...something lately. She was the last to post about Darthy too wasn't she? And very late posting after he was born.

I get the impression Katie had this baby at her own home (or the Smith's home, or a hospital, who knows) and NOT the Morton compound, so Adeline wasn't there. Also, if I remember correctly Katie's last few labors have only been a few hours long; maybe they didn't even bother to call over 'til after she'd had the baby. Or maybe it's harder to get excited when it's kid #5? Naw, I would think they would get excited regardless...

I think she and the families still get excited about births, but the fervor seems to have died down. She didn't even seem as excited about Darth's baby as I would have expected, but maybe that was because Darth also gave birth elsewhere, not at the Morton compound, so it was a little more remote than when Kressant and Rachel give birth.

Adeline seems to have been much more busy with...something lately. She was the last to post about Darthy too wasn't she? And very late posting after he was born.

She does seem otherwise occupied. Could it be courtin' time?

With four Mortons married and another soon to marry, I imagine there will be three or four births a year for the foreseeable future. Dougie should give them some award for hyperfecundity.

To me, Adeline always seems to be high. The way she writes is so overly sentimental and gushy. I think she really loves her family but takes the "keep sweet" -attitude to extremes.

Katie, on the other hand, almost always looks like so tired she can hardly stay awake. Well, no wonder with the pace they are breeding... I've been wondering if she/they spend a lot of time at Morton compound despite of living elsewhere. There are often photos of her kids playing with their M-cousins or the whole Katie & Alan family attending a casual looking Morton dinner in the middle of the week. They surely aren't driving a few hundred kilometres down there every other day, are they?

Sooooo, I'd never heard of these people before, but after checking out the blog, I see the oldest three are all married to Smiths. Are they siblings or cousins or something?

Sibs. Wesley Morton married Rachel Smith (2 kids, one on the way), Katie Morton married Alan Smith (5 kids), and Kressant Smith married another Morton brother (whose name escapes me atm).

There's a picture up now. These Morton girls always look so freaking glowing after their labors. Esther (the toddler) doesn't look thrilled, though, which made me laugh.

Sibs. Wesley Morton married Rachel Smith (2 kids, one on the way), Katie Morton married Alan Smith (5 kids), and Kressant Smith married another Morton brother (whose name escapes me atm).

Michael? The dour looking one?

Archived