IGNORED

Lina's Latest

Beeks

From the FB page:

AJ N Paulina

I am continually amazed at how much work there is to do in the home! It really is a full-time, never ending job (and we don't have any kids yet!). But it is a job with so many rewards and benefits. I am blessed to be a homemaker ♥ ~Paulina

Translation: STFU FJ! I am soooo busy!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well yes Lina, you do have to wash the dishes every day.

Yeah, and doing the dishes for two people is just soooooooooo hard (though, I should really STFU because my housemate and I are only two people and he's the only one who regularly eats in the house and we always have dirty dishes. But we're also both busy college students).

From the FB page:

THIS is what happens if kids grow up in a household where the dishes magically wash themselves, the laundry flies into the washing machine and folds itself and food mysteriously pops up on the table. Or of course in households where kids never have to help and cultivate the belief that ignorance is bliss and one should never ask oneself if it's fun for mum to push the vacuum around. Oh, Lina...

From the FB page:

OMG really???? In my opinion if you take care of the place you live, do your laundry, manage a budget, cook foods, and love someone else who lives with you, you are a homemaker. She doesn't have children and that responsibility yet so therefore she is doing what everyone else does on a daily basis, in addition to some of us being moms and having full-time jobs (and many of us are moms with full-time jobs). Saying you are a homemaker is like saying "I am a person."

"Onlyorganic, I'm curious, what do you do for a job?"

"Well, you see. I am a person. That is all I have ever desired to be." Honestly, running a home (Edit: a teeny-tiny apartment) when it's you and one other person is a joke and a half. Now, if that other person is a sick relative or you have a farm in your backyard, that's a whole different ballgame. Lina just comes off to me as a lazy joke. Sorry if that makes me sound mean, but she sounds pampered and ungrateful for all of the things she totally had the opportunity to pursue.

ETA: Forgot to add that if you are staying at home because you can and have a husband who pampers you, rock on girl! But don't try to make it seem like you are sooo busy at home doing God's work. Because you aren't, Lina. Get your ass out and volunteer at your local food pantry.

Oh my goodness. This finally made me join so I could post here (I posted on the old board a few times and never joined here once it moved).

I recently became a SAHM because my husband joined the military and I had to quit my job to move. Before now, I worked full-time as a manager for a small business. Anyway, that just to say that now as a "homemaker" and SAHM of a two year old...I get bored sometimes and have so much more time to do stuff for me. Granted, my kid is pretty "easy", but I somehow manage to care for her, do dishes and laundry, bake, make dinner every evening and still have plenty of fun time for myself. I waste time online (a lot on here...I've almost joined so many times!), play piano and read.

It's one thing if she likes what she's doing. Whatever. But don't try to claim it's a "full-time, never ending job."

That implies you're actually doing WORK all the time! Sure, the work of a home never ends, but it's not something that goes away when you choose to work outside the home. And a lot of it isn't hard...it's just normal things that everyone can (or should) do.

the only way I can see her being this bloody 'busy' is if she's trying to completely shine and polish a really shitty apartment. On top of decorating and furnishing...

'blessed to be homemaker' my ass. She probably does the dishes, takes out the recycling and maybe throws a load of laundry in, and does sweet fuck-all the rest of the day.

Hi Lina,

I finally got around to looking at your wedding picture on you blog. Your "ring ceremony" looks lovely, but we Jews do it differently. A Jewish groom places the ring on the Jewish bride's RIGHT INDEX FINGER, not the ring finger on the left hand.

Just sayin'

love the discussion :)

ok this is not very scientific but in Ilona Andrews' books, in a nutshell, the world has magic again (it's like a pendulum) and the synagogues are actually really powerful! They do stuff that would be called spells in wicca (that's one of the first lessons, a spell is like a prayer). They have very old knowledge about myths and stuff. (yes I understand this is fiction, still those authors always do a very good research bf saying anything) I learnt here, that Judaism was very ritualistic and had the animal sacrifices, and stuff. So I think, or I guess, in my non-authoritative voice, someone could have a very "New Age" interpretation of Judaism and its practices.

Ah yes, the discussion is great :) And in the end of the day, Jewess and I can choose to disagree but we still hang our mezuzot the same way :)

Oh! That book sounds really interesting - what's the title? I've often entertained that thought, that some aspects of Jewish ritual are a bit like 'magic'. There is a more mystical idea that the blessings we make over our food, for instance, 'activate' blessings to flow from the Divine.

And really... you should see us around Sukkot with our palm, willow and myrtle branches and our citrons... Pagan all the way! :lol:

Re: wedding ring - yes: in the Jewish marriage ceremony, the ring goes on the right hand's index finger and only afterwards do you shift it around to the left hand's index finger.

Ah yes, the discussion is great :) And in the end of the day, Jewess and I can choose to disagree but we still hang our mezuzot the same way :)

Not quite sure about that- our landlords are sefardic and they hung our mezuzot up and down, but ashkenazim usually hang them on the diagonal. ;)

Oh! That book sounds really interesting - what's the title? I've often entertained that thought, that some aspects of Jewish ritual are a bit like 'magic'. There is a more mystical idea that the blessings we make over our food, for instance, 'activate' blessings to flow from the Divine.

And really... you should see us around Sukkot with our palm, willow and myrtle branches and our citrons... Pagan all the way! :lol:

Re: wedding ring - yes: in the Jewish marriage ceremony, the ring goes on the right hand's index finger and only afterwards do you shift it around to the left hand's index finger.

It's the Kate Daniels series, I don't remember in which book they go to the synagogue - they go in several, but not every one of them. http://www.ilona-andrews.com/kate-daniels/

Not quite sure about that- our landlords are sefardic and they hung our mezuzot up and down, but ashkenazim usually hang them on the diagonal. ;)

For some reason I read "diagonal" as "horizontal" and couldn't figure out what the heck you were talking about and if you were joking or what. :oops: And then I realized what you were saying and was like, "Oh, yeah, diagonal, that's how our mezuzot are hung, too."

Sure, there's a difference in hanging them but that's minhag, not Halacha. I actually referred to just performing the mitzvah itself :)

Shabbat shalom, FJ Jew-crew! :)

If it weren't for the bad skin, terrible hair, trailer-trash check shirts showing vest and chest hair, and the fact he's a cunt, TT would be an attractive young man. And he should shave until his beard grows in properly.

I actually like checked shirts. My hubby has a few and he looks good in them. Although TT is an arse of course and my hubby isn't :D

From the FB page:

Oh Lina, you have so much to learn my dear.

Wait until you have 3 kids under 5 around your feet all day long. Then and only then will you be able to speak on how much work is involved in homemaking.

Oh Lina, you have so much to learn my dear.

Wait until you have 3 kids under 5 around your feet all day long. Then and only then will you be able to speak on how much work is involved in homemaking.

I don't think she could handle it. She'd have a mental breakdown.

I am continually amazed at how much work there is to do in the home! It really is a full-time, never ending job (and we don't have any kids yet!). But it is a job with so many rewards and benefits. I am blessed to be a homemaker ♥ ~Paulina

Translation: Tony's undies take even longer to wash than I ever imagined!

She should get a Sharpie and write on the tags: "Lovingly laundered by Lina"...

I actually like checked shirts. My hubby has a few and he looks good in them. Although TT is an arse of course and my hubby isn't :D

I don't really have anything against checked shirts per se: but the vast expanse of chest hair with the white vest peeking out is so ew. It's strange how a bit of hair showing on a hot guy is sexy, but is the squickiest thing ever on a less than hot one :S.

Or maybe that's just me ;).

Sure, there's a difference in hanging them but that's minhag, not Halacha. I actually referred to just performing the mitzvah itself :)

Shabbat shalom, FJ Jew-crew! :)

:-D

You did say "We hang out mezuzot the same way", lol, did you not? I was saying ours are hung differently. But yes, we all do hang mezuzot.

:-D

You did say "We hang out mezuzot the same way", lol, did you not? I was saying ours are hung differently. But yes, we all do hang mezuzot.

My bad! :oops:

Shavua tov!

Archived