IGNORED

Lina's Latest

Beeks

This is also the way I gained weight at Lina's age. And it sucks to have to buy that many new (and more and more expensive) bras in a short amount of time.

Mine are getting rather small... though the bands are STILL too big :x I wear a 32A, they don't make 30A or 30B or whatever size I really need.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that the feminism debate on Lina's page might be enough to warrant a separate thread, to cover all the *facepalm* and *headdesk*. Things like this:

Andrea DeHerrera

We are a low income family. I don't "work". My "job" is to manage my husbands income well so we never have to do without. I hate the argument that only middle class women have the "luxury" of staying home. I have thought of selling pies, trading crochet work, or sewing for some extra money for "fun" things. My husband has made it clear that whatever money I make will not go to bills. That is just the way we do things. I vote because it is important to help keep God in our country. Sadly there are too many feminist out there that do vote and vote for things like murdering babies, providing birth control to young teens, and the like. I would never vote if my husband said not to though.

Mine are getting rather small... though the bands are STILL too big :x I wear a 32A, they don't make 30A or 30B or whatever size I really need.

Totally off-side but I care a lot about women being in the right size bra, so I could not ignore this.

Anyway, sure they do. You just are not likely to find them in the department store and have to shop specialty or online. This one, which a few people I know have bought from, carries smaller band with smaller cup bras:

http://www.thelittlebracompany.com/

There is this one too:

http://www.lulalu.com/

Just remember if you go down a band size, you go up a cup size. A 36B's cup has the same volume as a 34C. How well people will fit you in specialty stores varies and while it is better than nothing, I often am leery based on how I have been sized. And most online bra calculators are horrible as they add 3-5" for no good reason. No wonder people are in the wrong sized bras! I find the best thing to do is actually take a tape measure under your breasts and around your ribcage - quite snug, and go to the nearest band size (i.e the next 1" if you are in between). Most of the support comes from the band and you want it to be snug and NOT ride up at all. If you are tugging at your bra all the time - it is the wrong size! Measure around your breasts and "guess" as best you can by the difference between measurements - 1" is an A, 2" B, etc.

However, every brand and every breast is different, so I usually say order a couple sizes (i.e. 30A and 30B, or different band sizes, and give them a try. Depending on your chest shape, breast spacing, breast volume, etc, some brands will work better for you over others.

You should be able to start wearing it on the most exterior hooks and still get a snug fit. Your bra stretches over time and you need the room to adjust in to tighter hooks.

I wear a 30DDD/E (sometimes a 32DD if I am lifting more weights than usual but even then I tighten them up by sewing extra elastic along the band!). I have not been able to buy "off the rack" bras in department stores since I was a young teenager! All mine come from specialty stores or online. They tend to cost quite a bit more, but SO worth it to have the right sized bra. It makes a tremendous difference in your posture, appearance and comfort. I'd rather have one $100 great fitting bra than 10 badly fitting ones (but I recommend having at least 3 good bras, as you should not wear them more than two days before giving them a wash/rest to let the elastic come back to shape, and ALWAYS hand wash them to preserve them for longer).

The last comment on the thread:

"As a woman who sees the "job" of wife, mother & grandmother as the most valuable ever, I have enjoyed seeing this thread. Hang in there Lina. You are a young joyous wife & rejoice in that! Each time has its own special parts & joys! When we were first married, I asked my husband what he wanted me to put first. He said, "I always want you to be able to drop what you are doing to help me with anything if I need you to do it." As a farm woman, that has given me a wide-ranging experience. I'm thinking of writing a book. ;)"

Seems to fit right in with TT's worldview. See how long that last before it gets old. I'm guessing about the time it takes to raise one needy newborn...

Grrrrr. What feminism did - just mentioning one thing - was that lower class MEN could also have basic human rights and vote. Bloody hell I am furious when I read that kind of stupidity.

For example in my country before womens suffrage was introduced only 10 % had a right to vote. That means a lot of men didn't have basic parliamentary rights. When women started to campaigb suffrage they also campaigned for those men. Over 90 % of 25 year old citizens got rights to vote.

Feminism also benefits men you morons!

Totally off-side but I care a lot about women being in the right size bra, so I could not ignore this.

Anyway, sure they do. You just are not likely to find them in the department store and have to shop specialty or online. This one, which a few people I know have bought from, carries smaller band with smaller cup bras:

There is this one too:

Just remember if you go down a band size, you go up a cup size. ]A 36B's cup has the same volume as a 34C.How well people will fit you in specialty stores varies and while it is better than nothing, I often am leery based on how I have been sized. And most online bra calculators are horrible as they add 3-5" for no good reason. No wonder people are in the wrong sized bras! I find the best thing to do is actually take a tape measure under your breasts and around your ribcage - quite snug, and go to the nearest band size (i.e the next 1" if you are in between). Most of the support comes from the band and you want it to be snug and NOT ride up at all. If you are tugging at your bra all the time - it is the wrong size! Measure around your breasts and "guess" as best you can by the difference between measurements - 1" is an A, 2" B, etc.

However, every brand and every breast is different, so I usually say order a couple sizes (i.e. 30A and 30B, or different band sizes, and give them a try. Depending on your chest shape, breast spacing, breast volume, etc, some brands will work better for you over others.

You should be able to start wearing it on the most exterior hooks and still get a snug fit. Your bra stretches over time and you need the room to adjust in to tighter hooks.

I wear a 30DDD/E (sometimes a 32DD if I am lifting more weights than usual but even then I tighten them up by sewing extra elastic along the band!). I have not been able to buy "off the rack" bras in department stores since I was a young teenager! All mine come from specialty stores or online. They tend to cost quite a bit more, but SO worth it to have the right sized bra. It makes a tremendous difference in your posture, appearance and comfort. I'd rather have one $100 great fitting bra than 10 badly fitting ones (but I recommend having at least 3 good bras, as you should not wear them more than two days before giving them a wash/rest to let the elastic come back to shape, and ALWAYS hand wash them to preserve them for longer).

Except for me, the ladies at victoria's secret are always so hell bent on making a sale, that they try to convince me that I can squeeze my 34 DD/D (depends on my time of the month if you catch my drift) into a 38C.....

I hate how my size precludes me from finding ANY cute bras in department stores. When I'm lucky to find one, its always what I refer to as "army surplus". You get your choice of beige, white, or black. Nothing pretty, nothing sexy with a matching panty set with which to defraud my headship. :sad-teareye

Grrrrr. What feminism did - just mentioning one thing - was that lower class MEN could also have basic human rights and vote. Bloody hell I am furious when I read that kind of stupidity.

For example in my country before womens suffrage was introduced only 10 % had a right to vote. That means a lot of men didn't have basic parliamentary rights. When women started to campaigb suffrage they also campaigned for those men. Over 90 % of 25 year old citizens got rights to vote.

Feminism also benefits men you morons!

Feminism benefits men in so many ways... This article is a beautiful examination of those ways:

http://www.alternet.org/story/47080/

But there are many others. In addition to more egalitarian/love-based relationships and better relationships with their children, feminism gives men more choice in planned parenting, removes the pressure to be the sole wage-earner (especially scary in a world without reproductive rights), works to eradicate thoughtless neanderthal (or worse) stereotypes, campaigns for healthier body image for men and women...

The list goes on. The only men it doesn't benefit are those who desire taliban-like control over their wives' every move. Hmmm... that sounds familiar.

From the debate about feminism on Lina's personal FB page:

Oh my G-d . . . the stupidity . . . choking on my own outrage . . .

I'm sorry, but does Lina honestly believe that feminism is truly a bunch of lesbians with pink mohawks sitting around trying to think how they can take over the world? My grandmother was a feminist. She was also a strong Christian who got up every day at 4 am to devote 2 hours to studying her Bible. She walked straight up to her parents and said "Mom and Dad, I'm going to help fight for my country" and only stopped from signing up to be a nurse in WWII when her mother cried and told her she couldn't stand to have more than one child off at war. She graduated nursing school and went to work in a hospital. She met a man and wouldn't date him at first because she wanted a career. After her children were born she volunteered as a nurse for a church camp and was a full-time mother. She helped her husband build a business from the ground-up and then buried him far too young. My grandmother made sure that all of her children worked, helped them start households, helped them pay their bills when times were tough. She died loving God, loving the ability to vote, loving that she could help someone deliver a baby, loving that she could cook, sew, drive a car, row a boat, and swim way out into the ocean. She was a strong, proud and fearless woman.

Lina makes me sick.

Except for me, the ladies at victoria's secret are always so hell bent on making a sale, that they try to convince me that I can squeeze my 34 DD/D (depends on my time of the month if you catch my drift) into a 38C.....

I hate how my size precludes me from finding ANY cute bras in department stores. When I'm lucky to find one, its always what I refer to as "army surplus". You get your choice of beige, white, or black. Nothing pretty, nothing sexy with a matching panty set with which to defraud my headship. :sad-teareye

Quoted for truth.

I have 36 DDDs and I get my bras at Lane Bryant. They do "plus size" clothes. I don't fit into anything else they have, but their bras are pretty durable and sexy to boot. And if you get them during a sale, pretty reasonable.

I have 36 DDDs and I get my bras at Lane Bryant. They do "plus size" clothes. I don't fit into anything else they have, but their bras are pretty durable and sexy to boot. And if you get them during a sale, pretty reasonable.

Ohhhh they have the BEST bras there! I actually don't like Victoria's Secret, cept for the panties. All of my bras are Lane Bryant. Gotta keep the girls happy!

For some reason, they don't fit me right. I've FOUND them there in my size occasionally, and the ones in my size are cut so low, that my breasts migrate out of them and I get like weird bumps.

Guest Anonymous

I'm a top heavy little person with DDDs. Luckily we have two lingerie stores in town with good bargain racks. My family knows that gift certificates to that store just make my day.

I have the same issue with some of their bras, I've just had to try on the different cuts (is that the right word?) and find what works for me. Luckily, I seem to have found my happy-boobie home there.

I have the same issue with some of their bras, I've just had to try on the different cuts (is that the right word?) and find what works for me. Luckily, I seem to have found my happy-boobie home there.

You know where I got lucky? a high end MATERNITY STORE. I'm still nursing, but they had my size! I guess a lot of itty bitty women (which I am not, but I have a tiny band size and waist , big tits and a humongous ass) swell up to Dolly Parton proportions during pregnancy/breastfeeding/post-partum.

Yes, the ONE bra I got was black, but it was LACY, and PRETTY and is very comfortable.

I never thought of maternity stores! I don't have kids, but I would totally still go there for the bras. I have a fairly tiny waist, I wear like 5/6 so I look a little odd so I always like bras that really hold the girls up and support them. It makes me feel less like one of those drinky-bird toys.

There is this one too:

Just remember if you go down a band size, you go up a cup size. A 36B's cup has the same volume as a 34C. How well people will fit you in specialty stores varies and while it is better than nothing, I often am leery based on how I have been sized. And most online bra calculators are horrible as they add 3-5" for no good reason. No wonder people are in the wrong sized bras! I find the best thing to do is actually take a tape measure under your breasts and around your ribcage - quite snug, and go to the nearest band size (i.e the next 1" if you are in between). Most of the support comes from the band and you want it to be snug and NOT ride up at all. If you are tugging at your bra all the time - it is the wrong size! Measure around your breasts and "guess" as best you can by the difference between measurements - 1" is an A, 2" B, etc.

Now do you have a supplier of pretty not too expensive bras in sizes which you could fit in half a house in each cup? Also a firm support sports bra for huge boobies too?

If you do I'll be your BFF.

I think that the feminism debate on Lina's page might be enough to warrant a separate thread, to cover all the *facepalm* and *headdesk*. Things like this:

Lady, I don't get you (Andrew DeHerrera, obviously, not you GeoBQn!) If you're against "murdering babies" (and I don't know anybody who is cool with murdering babies, but way to add a huge emotional appeal to your anti-choice screed), then why would you be against providing birth control to younger teens. Do you not understand how birth control works? If you want to lower abortion rates, then fine, but the only way to do that is to make a society where women have no reason to get abortions. Like never getting pregnant if they don't want to have a baby (of course, there are other reasons to have an abortion, but I feel like if no women who didn't want to be pregnant got pregnant, then abortion rates would be drastically lowered). But hey, why would I expect a friend of Lina's to make any sense?

Thats exactly what I need. I do martial arts and obviously it's quite vigorous. I need a decent sports bra because otherwise when sparring my opponent gets hit in his/her face by my boobs before they get hit in the face by my fist...

I wonder if the DDD cup would suffice though. I am a 34F/G. Plus I wonder if they ship to the UK.

If they don't maybe you can find something similar. I have the E bra (for my DDDs) and I think I could have possible gone down a size and really held the boobs in. It's a great bra though, I run in it 3-5 times a week and it's still going strong almost a year after purchasing it.

Enell sport bras are the ones they use on Biggest Loser (during the actual workouts - not those crappy WalMart-style ones they wear at the weigh-ins). I've read some comments from the contestants that say they keep everything absolutely snug and firm, no matter what they are doing. So if you're a plus-size, I'd give 'em a try.

BTW, if none of their sizes would fit you, they offer custom-made bras: http://www.enell.com/custom_sizes.php . It's only $15 extra for the first one, then an extra $7.50 for each subsequent purchase. Not a bad deal...

ETA: Here is a list of online/catalog suppliers - several of which are in the UK!

http://www.enell.com/online_retailers.php

so feminism merely irritates me

Sigh.

from the commenter:

We are a low income family. I don't "work". My "job" is to manage my husbands income well so we never have to do without. I hate the argument that only middle class women have the "luxury" of staying home.

I have news for you, Andrea. You do work. You do the work that women have done pretty much throughout history, that has been devalued and ignored by men who earned actual wages.

If you're against "murdering babies" (and I don't know anybody who is cool with murdering babies, but way to add a huge emotional appeal to your anti-choice screed), then why would you be against providing birth control to younger teens. Do you not understand how birth control works?

pomology - of course she understands it! Birth control is accomplished by a) God opening and closing the womb or b) sluts keeping their legs shut til they get married.

Feminists: in your lingerie store, messin' with your stereotypes!

Wait, I thought the Feminist Manual specifically forbid pretty lingerie... (just kidding, I love my pretteh bras and undies!)

Crap, I'm in violation of the Feminist Manual too desertvixen. Guess I have to throw my birth control in the trash, quit school and find some controlling asshole Godly young man to marry.

Archived