IGNORED

Lina's Latest

Beeks

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think things are not so sweet in newlywed land. She doth protest too much. Maybe their conversion is not going so well, or TT is not such a great guy after all.

She's just posted a picture of her and TT. She gushes about how she's been wanting to post a picture of them married, yet it's not from their wedding.

Wow... funny that the shortest post in a while inspires the most questions.

1) Why did she marry him - being really superficial for a moment but putting it delicately, she is... out of his league shall we say.

2) Why, why is his shirt unbuttoned so far?

3) WHY on earth do they not have pictures of themselves? Not from weddings or holidays or anything? She had time to take a picture of their etrog with her nice manicure but they couldn't be bothered to snap a wedding photo or two?

I am so confused...

Ooh, check her FB status.....

"I was so frustrated at the library yesterday because the majority of books nowadays seem to have feminist leanings :( "

REALLY.

She does get a good debate going on, but she comes out with the partyline of women never having worked in the past, the erosion of the living wage for men bleh bleh bleh.

fascinating stuff.....

On their joint page, she's quoted Titus 2. I'm surprised she didn't rename it to something Jewish . . . like Tevye 2.

On that feminism post, at least someone is taking her to task from the historical perspective--that pre-Industrial Revolution, women very much worked for the economic survival of the house, and that lower class women and women of color have always had to work outside the home. Also, Lina's idea of the man has to be the head of the house AND breadwinner is a very evangelical Christian perspective. Among Orthodox and Ultra-Orthodox Jews, women are the ones who work and run the family business (while being responsible for childcare) so that their husbands can devote all their time to studying Torah.

Ooh, check her FB status.....

"I was so frustrated at the library yesterday because the majority of books nowadays seem to have feminist leanings :( "

REALLY.

She does get a good debate going on, but she comes out with the partyline of women never having worked in the past, the erosion of the living wage for men bleh bleh bleh.

fascinating stuff.....

Her expressed ideas on FB are barf-worthy. Truly. I remember my mom's church friends dragging us to a Phyllis Schlafly lecture back in the early 80's and hearing the exact same nonsense. There's a reason not even your (probably fairly conservative christian and/or fake jew) "friends" agree with you, Lina. You're on the wrong side of history.

She needs a bigger Star of David necklace. I couldn't tell all the way from California if she's Jewish or not...

LOL, that picture is like she made her own LOLLina for us.

Her expressed ideas on FB are barf-worthy. Truly. I remember my mom's church friends dragging us to a Phyllis Schlafly lecture back in the early 80's and hearing the exact same nonsense. There's a reason not even your (probably fairly conservative christian and/or fake jew) "friends" agree with you, Lina. You're on the wrong side of history.

"You wanting to be a homemaker does not give you the right to control other women's decisions."

I like this Jade character... Glad to see Lina has some friends who aren't as dimwitted as Lina wants to be. I just do not understand the historical argument... Believing that men have ALWAYS been the SOLE providers isn't even biblically "accurate"; it certainly isn't true of U.S. or European history ever - there have always been poor and middle-class working women and mothers, period. To pretend otherwise is just willful ignorance.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - most people want a life of leisure. I would LOVE to be independently wealthy and having tea served to me whilst I pursue my philanthropic goals (OK, maybe not - I actually like having a fulfilling career). To pretend that you are owed a life of leisure because it is g-d's will (and thus get to stay at home with nothing to do but light candles and blog despite the fact that your family probably needs income a heck of a lot more than a new cookie recipe)? Nice try... :roll:

That's it! That's why she has to light scented candles! It must be the stink from TT's skiddies!

Hey TT, before next shabbat, pre-tear some toilet roll. Think of Lina.... oh wont somebody think of Lina....

She has a section about the wedding!

asetapartlife.blogspot.com/p/wedding.html

I guess her parents are cool with the whole thing.

I'm betting that Lina and TT couldn't come up with the money to retain a lawyer if their collective head coverings depended on it.

:lol:

I think things are not so sweet in newlywed land. She doth protest too much. Maybe their conversion is not going so well, or TT is not such a great guy after all.

No way! Baruch Hashem, Azariah is a total mensch! Lina is the most blessed kallah ever! Mazel tov! Tikkun olam! Happy Hanukkah!

Yay, a wedding pic at last!

It really was *just* a civil ceremony. So basically they are living in sin. I give this a thumbs up.

No way! Baruch Hashem, Azariah is a total mensch! Lina is the most blessed kallah ever! Mazel tov! Tikkun olam! Happy Hanukkah!

Maybe the sensible idea would be to just wait a couple of months, probably years, until she is out of (mental) teenage-land. A girl who comments on her blog, Jamie, has a lovely blog which used to be full of stay-at-home-daughterism and under-the-headship-of-her-fatherhood and now she's made it known (possibly with an embarrassed virtual cough) that her faith has evolved and she's going to get an education after all, at college, which of course will still mean that she will be obedient to her father. It's rather sweet, really. Going to happen to Lina, too.

I just visited her blog, which I rarely do. I just had to laugh at her having a quotation from a Rebbe Nachman which reads,

"Be like G-d and don't look for people's shortcomings and weak points.

You will then be at peace with everyone."

And that's immediately followed by a caution to fear anti-feminists like her, then the wonderful quote from Pat Robertson about how feminists kill babies, and another inane one from some goofus I've never heard of. And my guess is she does not (or chooses not to) see the contradiction.

She looks, shall we say, thicker through the middle in that picture. Just sayin'.

I don't know how much her parents approve. Lina seems to be a very biased reporter of these things. They are at least polite to TT and very happy to get rid of her whiny, insubordinate ass.

She should tell TT that brown shoes are never to be worn with black slacks. TT looks like a waiter.

Guest Anonymous
She looks, shall we say, thicker through the middle in that picture. Just sayin'.

I don't know how much her parents approve. Lina seems to be a very biased reporter of these things. They are at least polite to TT and very happy to get rid of her whiny, insubordinate ass.

She should tell TT that brown shoes are never to be worn with black slacks. TT looks like a waiter.

Are you guys viewing this on FB? How does one see FB without registering??

"Paulina Dodd:

Most, if not all of my college professors were outspoken feminists who reminded us constantly about how oppressed and limited women were back in the day, chained to the stove, slaves to their husbands. This viewpoint disgusts me, because it is said out of blatant ignorance and hatred for what Hashem laid out for us in His Word.

2 hours ago"

What? I do not even understand. Where's the blatant ignorance? Does she think she knows the history better than her professors?

Archived