IGNORED

Snarkworthy Purity Post

Spartan89

It practically oozes a "bless your heart" mentality. My favorite part is how she lies awake crying at night when her friends start to date because they're giving in to "Satan's temptation" :lol:

thekingsbride31.blogspot.com/2011/08/purity-lost.html

Also, Katy from 110% Surrendered has her courtship story posted on this woman's blog. It's sad that she practically flagellated herself for months because she had a crush on Jason :roll:

thekingsbride31.blogspot.com/2011/10/heavenly-love-stories-jason-katy-pt-1.html

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why didn't the groom's coat fit? And what are they doing in that picture with all the men crowded around? Love the kiss picture though - you can tell the groom had been waiting for that moment!

I'm impressed that she manages to keep close enough track of her friends and families sex lives that she can use the phrase "every time I turn around" in relation to finding out about people she knows having premarital sex. Hell, my friends and family know I don't give a rats ass about premarital sex, and yet even I don't know when everyone lost their virginity.

I'm impressed that she manages to keep close enough track of her friends and families sex lives that she can use the phrase "every time I turn around" in relation to finding out about people she knows having premarital sex. Hell, my friends and family know I don't give a rats ass about premarital sex, and yet even I don't know when everyone lost their virginity.

Right? I know precisely when one of my closest friends lost his virginity (to another guy OMGZ), but other than that I don't know and don't care and don't know why it matters.

Well, everyone knows that your aura changes when you have sex.

Either that or she's got some magic way of telling which girls have been past first base just by looking at them.

Harlots.

Sometimes riffles make the best posts...

They choose to give away their purty - a precious, God-given jewel

My purty, my precioussssss purty...

:lol:

And then

...my Dad (who is my hero) made the decision to break off our courtship. I was devastated.

Does that mean she gave away a piece of her heart???!!!!! I thought that was the point of courting - that you would not experience teh ebil pain of dating...

So she gets her heart broken, and decides she is going to be a virgin missionary nurse, selflessly dedicating herself and avoiding all contact with men. And then she goes to Bible Study and sees...a really cute guy! But...she's going to be a virgin nurse! So she's not going back. And her mother's advice is...focus on your friendship with HIS SISTER. HAHAHAHAHA...the oldest trick in the dating book.

And as the weeks and months went on and we started spending more and more time together I was friendly but did not initiate anything. Jason told me later that me not swooning all over him is actually what intrigued him about me.
HAHAHAHAHA...the second oldest trick in the dating book.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. Hey, Bea, what's a harlot (asked with big innocent eyes)? I saw that word in my children's Bible once, but my mom whited it out before I could ask her. :D

P.S. Hey, Bea, what's a harlot (asked with big innocent eyes)? I saw that word in my children's Bible once, but my mom whited it out before I could ask her. :D

:laughing-rolling:

A heated moment in the backseat and all is lost. Love just isn't patient anymore.It seems as though, every time I turn around, I hear of another friend, loved one, or acquaintance who has gone down the road of premarital sex. And I wonder why. If I could only sit down with them, I would ask them WHY?Why did you give it all away? What was your reason? What justified your actions? Don't you know that there is a better way? Do you not see the damage you have done? Did you do it because you wanted to feel loved and accepted?

You know what, you self righteous...person (refraining from profanity) ...because of everything I had been taught, I waited 28 years before I "went down the road of premarital sex." I had such a warped view of sexuality that for the longest time I was certain that any sexual contact would send me straight to hell. For the longest time, I was afraid of my own feelings and desires and was terrified of actually coming into contact with the opposite sex. Eventually, I met a wonderful man, who taught me that my feelings were natural. He loves me completely. Yes, we have had teh ebil premarital sex, but he loves me for who I am and that's more than I ever truly expected. When my mom found out about the "nature" of our relationship, she freaked out and practically disowned me. We are now back to the point that she simply ignores everything about me that she doesn't like. I often wonder, can you really love someone if you ignore all the things you don't like about them. I know my boyfriend loves me. He puts up with my tossing and turning at night (and my snoring). Even in this day and age, he waited over a year before we had sex. He was incredibly patient and caring. He knew where I was coming from and met me where I was. All of the focus fundies put on purity, only leads to a messed up view of sexuality.

I tried to leave a comment but it kept saying that there were illegal characters in my URL? I don't want to use my blogspot but my wordpress and livejournal are active. Strange.

A heated moment in the backseat and all is lost. Love just isn't patient anymore.It seems as though, every time I turn around, I hear of another friend, loved one, or acquaintance who has gone down the road of premarital sex. And I wonder why. If I could only sit down with them, I would ask them WHY?Why did you give it all away? What was your reason? What justified your actions? Don't you know that there is a better way? Do you not see the damage you have done? Did you do it because you wanted to feel loved and accepted?

Oh sweetie... its not giving away anything. Nothing is lost. Its kinda like learning to dive. The first time is kind of a belly flop and sucks but the more you practice the better it is... then you get to the high diving board and...

You have to wonder what its like when they put so much value on sex and then its just not all that.

You have to wonder what its like when they put so much value on sex and then its just not all that.

I've often wondered about that. I was pretty much taught that any sexual feelings were dirty and sinful, unless it was with my husband, and that if we were meant for each other it would be just fine for me, because it was God ordained. I can't imagine being 20 and newly married to a guy who was a 21 year old horn dog (and they pretty much all are.) I don't know how i would manage to handle that. I can only imagine, unless he was the most patient young guy, that I would end up feeling violated. My bf was old enough that sex wasn't the only thing on his mind. He knew I had issues with sex, that we had discussed at length, and he was incredibly patient. He knew that he couldn't just pressure me into turning off the whole "sex is bad idiom" that had been built into me. I can't imagine marrying a 21 year old fundy guy, who had never been allowed to touch himself. It just seems like the wedding night would be a nightmare.

I clicked the "purity" tag and found this treasure:

Wait on our God. If you are playing the dating game, ditch the boyfriend until the Author of Love sends you HIS choice. Do not take the writing pen into your hands, but let our Lord script your story. HE writes only the best love stories! Let Him have control. The Bible says that our hearts are deceitful (Jeremiah 17:9) and to guard it closely (Proverbs 4:23). Do not give pieces of your heart and body away. Do not throw around "I love You's" because each time you do, it becomes less meaningful to your future husband. Dear friends, I cannot stress the magnitude of the beauty that comes with waiting. It is worth every sacrifice, every tear of loneliness, every dateless night, and every moment you spend patiently waiting on the Lord. Do not doubt His faithfulness. Please, wait.

That right there is what really angers me. Love is not a finite resource. It's not like you can ever run out. Love is something that GROWS every day. At least that's the way I see it. Now, I've never told a guy "I love you" romantically. However, it's gonna happen eventually, and chances are that person might not be my future husband. That doesn't mean I'll mean it any less when I do say it to my husband. It is possible to love one person, let that go, and then love another one just as much. I'm only 19 and I'm smart enough to figure that one out, ffs.

How can she even say this with a straight face when she has a child (on the way)? What about her next baby? Should she withhold some love from this one to make sure she has enough for all her future children? I'd like to hear her views on that.

Ah yes, the all-important "purty" :roll:

Though I am concerned about this poor young (?) lady's grammar and spelling, I am much more concerned that she thinks god can provide the same thing "a heated moment in the backseat" can. I am not quite sure she understands what happens when you lose that "purty" ;)

Also, all these "close" friends whose intimate lives she knows all about - she seems pretty close to them, given that she didn't even hear about their business first-hand. "If I could only sit down with them, I would ask them WHY?" Ummm, why can't you? Oh, were you GOSSIPING? Of course - not one person she knows well enough to actually talk to; just the smutty grapevine of horny, jealous teenagers. Yeah, I remember youth group pretty well :D

If she COULD, or if she had any contact with people who trusted her enough to actually talk to her, I am sure they could have given her LOTS of reasons. Good ones.

Ugh - what a sad, strange little world. I really pity these poor girls.

This kind of crap makes me so mad. This has been going around Facebook lately:

stupidtree.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15 ... dtree.jpg/

Now, I can't begin to tell you how angry this makes me, but of course I'm gonna try, ;)

First of all... so, letting a boy " get" you ( whatever exactly that is supposed to mean" means you were an apple lying on the ground... you were " easy"... so that means you were fallen, rotten, filled with worms?

And the low hanging fruit.. well, we know all about them, don't we.

But, if you are hard to get too, at the top of the tree.. that means you are better. OK, so that means then no birds shat on you, the sun didn't burn you?

And what about those BOYS who pick up the "easy" fruit... are they rotten apples too?

Topiary commentary aside..... this also gives girls who don't get any male attention false hope/pride.. maybe no one climbs up there after you because you have horrible BO, or you are mean and stuck up?

And what about redemption, which Christians are not only supposed to believe in, but embrace... so a fallen apple can't get restored to the tree?

This stuff severely pisses me off.

Boys didn't come after me in high school, cause I was a stuck up bitch. They didn't come after me in college for the same reason. I was so obssesed with purity (look ma I can spell it properly!,) that I was afraid to even talk to boys. Boys that wanted to talk to me must only be interested in getting in my pants. The purity movement pisses me off, because it made me so afraid of boys that were interested in me, that I never managed to have a real relationship with a boy until I was 28...and when my mom found out that I had "given my purity" to a boy, she practically disowned me. But somehow, my mom was showing my love, and my boyfriend who had be patient and never pressured me for over a year, was using me. I'll never understand that.

OK, just went and read her "testimony" - as if the whole things isn't creepy enough, since Daddy both gave her away and performed the ceremony, he got to tell the husband when he was allowed to kiss her. Ugh. These people GROSS. ME. OUT.

When I think of the damage this stuff did me, and my daughter, in retrospect.. no, I never sent her to a purity ball.. but I'd read enough of this stuff to think that her life could be different, somehow, than mine was... that she would not be used and abandoned over and over like I was. Because she is a public school student, there was no way I could stop the hormone train the year the pack of boys started following her wherever she went... so, in my twisted mind, I did the best thing I could do, given the ideas I had about " damaged apples" who "gave away pieces of their hearts" but the realities of being a working mom in a fairly poor town. I let the pack hang out at our house, and when she choose one, I let them spend all their time together in my house. I drove them around. I fed him. I clothed him. ( kid had no real parents) I made him a part of the family. A couple of months before they broke up ( they stayed together a year, which is phenomenal for 14-16 year olds) I was honestly looking at wedding dresses in goodwill that would fit her. I convinced myself that they would stay together all through High School and get married, and that somehow made this all "OK." in God's eyes I even invested in the beginnings of a livestock business to start him off in, so good provider habits would be set in motion. ( yeah,even though I'm a woman, I was taking the role of a father in the traditional patriarch shit)

Needless to say when they broke up the explosion was beyond belief. The kid turned out to be quite disturbed, I found out his parents, both dead, where drug addicted and schizophrenic, and he had a couple of serious breaks with reality that landed him in a hospital. When he'd " gotten" her, he started cheating, and she flipped, but he had this crazy idea that he could whore around and she should be waiting, and was not willing to let go easily. The livestock had to be relocated for their own safety - no one wanted to go to feed them one day and find them dead - walls were punched out, she was stalked by this kid for months.. oh God what a mess.

Fact is, there is no normal in teen relationships, no one goes unscathed, not the "pure," not the "fallen" and not the inbetween. I've seen this now, watching her and her friends. If they make it to graduation, we as parents did good. One boy didn't from this tribe. I learned my lesson, and keep her swains at arms length now.

this stuff is so insidious and so damaging.

Being trained in purity, but allowed to go to a very conservative public school, makes for a very paranoid young girl. I was convinced that any boy who showed any interest in me, was a heathen, who just wanted to defile me. How anyone can grow up normal in such an environment is beyond me.

I don't think she was really being that extreme because she was talking about premarital sex not handholding or something like that. I can understand her being worried that her friends might be hurt by making what she sees as bad choices. Where is the part about someone beating themselves up over having a crush? I have a crush on someone right now, better start punishing myself :oops: It' s not like you choose to have crushes on people :roll:

I think she is really laying in bed crying because she is giving up her entire life for a single (unpleasant) moment on her wedding night. Some people don't think it is worth it and they are still happy! Oh, the dissonance!

I think the worst part isn't that she's advocating abstinence. If that's what you wanna do, I really don't care. But if you're sending the message that those who "lose" their "purity" lose EVERYTHING and are completely worthless, that's when I get offended. My worth isn't measured by my sexual activities, or lack thereof. Oh, and that little poem she wrote, about how God forgives you even though he's so grieved by your 'mistake'? It's so holier than thou. "It's okay, you're a dirty, sinning, undeserving heathen, but God loves you anyway because he's sooo gracious. Even though he gave you the hormones and heart and emotions that led to your actions." STFU please and thank you.

Archived