IGNORED

Battlestar Galactica/Caprica

Soldier of the One

(I am not sure how to 'search' the forums for older threads, so forgive me is this is a double post. Admins, feel free to merge if that's the case).

Anyway, as my handle/avatar suggests, I am a *huge* Battlestar Galactica (reimagined series) and Caprica fan. Can't wait for 'Blood and Chrome' to come out.

Anyone else care to share in the lovin'? :)

Guest Anonymous

I love BSG. Starbuck defrauds me like whoa. I watched the first couple of episodes of Caprica but I lost track of it and never caught back up. I've been renting the BSG DVDs and I'm up to season 3!

Yay! Someone responded! Thanks, Lissar :)

Oh yeah, Starbuck is totally defrauding. When I grow up, I want to be her (but with a little more self-control :lol:)

I love, Love, LOVE the show. When I finished it, I was so bummed. I just loved the politics, theology, philosophy and the deep, 3 dimensional characters. And oh yeah, awesome space battles too.

And I want Bill Adama to be my dad :)

Any other likes or observations on the show?

Guest Anonymous
Yay! Someone responded! Thanks, Lissar :)

Oh yeah, Starbuck is totally defrauding. When I grow up, I want to be her (but with a little more self-control :lol:)

I love, Love, LOVE the show. When I finished it, I was so bummed. I just loved the politics, theology, philosophy and the deep, 3 dimensional characters. And oh yeah, awesome space battles too.

And I want Bill Adama to be my dad :)

Any other likes or observations on the show?

I have a visceral loathing for Gaius Baltar. Is there ever going to be a point where I stop wanting to punch him in the face? There is some really remarkable acting in the series, I agree with you about the character development. I consider a show a success if I buy into the characters enough to love some of them and hate others.

Tagged in case there are other people like me who are new to the show -

I think my favorite episode so far is the one where Starbuck takes over the Cylon Raider and figures out how to fly it. Particularly the bit where she flies over Lee, I was cheering out loud.

I have a visceral loathing for Gaius Baltar. Is there ever going to be a point where I stop wanting to punch him in the face? There is some really remarkable acting in the series, I agree with you about the character development. I consider a show a success if I buy into the characters enough to love some of them and hate others.

Tagged in case there are other people like me who are new to the show -

I think my favorite episode so far is the one where Starbuck takes over the Cylon Raider and figures out how to fly it. Particularly the bit where she flies over Lee, I was cheering out loud.

Oh yeah... Gaius Baltar. Totally. I kept on screaming at the TV screen! :twisted:

I love how well-rounded the characters are. And how the show totally challenges my religious assumptions. And I also like that it's a relatively 'low-tech' show. It's the story that drives the sci-fi, not the sci-fi that drives the story. It raises all sorts of interesting philosophical questions about artificial intelligence, politics, space-faring, etc.

And Starbuck is just so awesome.

Ok, here goes a question about the show that I'll put behind a spoiler cut :)

Have you already starting figuring out who the Final Five might be and what are your impressions so far?

And yes, that scene with Starbuck is totally drool-worthy! Which other characters - be they Humans or Cylons - do you like?

I love Battlestar Galactica! My friends and I used to have watching parties in law school to watch it! Amazing show! i had a friend who worked on the show who used to torment me with pictures of her wearing cylon helmets and playing with props when she knew I was studying for exams when she was wrapping for the season.

Oh dear God, I frakking love BSG. I first watched the mini-series a few months ago and I loved it. Haven't watched any of Caprica due to being late to the whole party, but I'll get to it, eventually. :D

Oh dear God, I frakking love BSG. I first watched the mini-series a few months ago and I loved it. Haven't watched any of Caprica due to being late to the whole party, but I'll get to it, eventually. :D

Welcome onboard!

BSG is frakking amazing. I cried when I finished the entire series, knowing that I´d miss my favorite characters so much.

Caprica is amazing too but has a different angle. It has a slower pace and a more contemplative and political spin to it. But it does explain a lot of the backstory to BSG.

Caprica is where my username and avatar come from.

Enjoy!

Archived