IGNORED

Stevie Maxwell's got to be reading here! *HI Steve!*

Justme

In a fairly recent thread, we were chatting about why they never stay with conference families during their travels. Well, low and behold, a new post! They are staying with a GA family for several days. Many pictures, mealtime, helping in kitchen, etc.

I am surprised at how big the "L" family's house is and they only appear to have five children. They were able to absorb the Maxwell clan without much trouble. That room where they held Bible time is especially impressive in size. And I think I covet their eat-in kitchen.

They must see themselves as some kind of missionaries, since they get so much free room & board on their travels. Free meals, free 'fellow shipping' with other families, the river house they stayed in while Uriah was laid up (again). Unfortunately, others must see them that way as well to continually give them free room & board and food.

When was the last time they hosted another family for food? Room & board?

Steve Maxwell is a leach disguising his begging behind his god; the same god others, unfortunately, also believe in.

I can't imagine any other family being able to be fed & housed as often as they are. Not unless they have something to sell that others want to buy. Steve hit a need and is profiting from it.

Well, the Maxwells have a small niche that have provided very well for them. They have followers of a very 'radical', conservative lifestyle that sees groups like Vision Forums as too worldly. They probably meet a lot of people on their trips. It stands to reason they'd be able to find a few people who can loan them lake homes and let them stay for a few nights. I'm not surprised at all. People like them who follow their lifestyle probably see Maxwells as one of the few public people who are "like" them. I'm sure there are people who love to host the Maxwells as they are celebrities in their world.

Hi, Steve!

Can you do me a favor and stop being such a megolomaniac bastard and let up on your kids, particularly the ones of legal age? You know, let them read a newspaper, develop their own hobbies, take some college classes...AND START BECOMING INDEPENDENT THINKERS.

Your megolomania is terrifying and shameful.

And let Terri have some damn fucking Pepsi. That woman, of all people, truly deserves to have some pleasure in her life.

Dear Fundies,

You are wasting God's gifts by creating, purchasing and buying disposable flatware, plates and cups. Please, wash a dish. It's not that hard. I have had parties with 30 people in my home and used all glass/metal/cloth items. I keep a stash of inexpensive glass plates just for this purpose. I bought them 10 years ago and they are still going strong. You can do it! Stop supporting Muslim Oil! Use what you have! Buy at American Thrift Stores! :flags-usa: You can even pretend it's not for sustainability, it's for thriftiness and American Christian jobs!!! :flags-waveusa: Hey, you could even start an Etsy shop and sell holiday-themed napkins with fabric you buy on clearance at JoAnn's in Quiverfull bundles and Fellowship bundles!!!

...wait. Maybe that's what *I* should do.

Never mind.

Did you notice all those kids were much younger than the Maxwells. so no real interaction and of course no older brothers for Sarah.

I also was checking out that Bible study room and its massive size.I was trying to figure how much it cost with all those windows.

Did you notice all those kids were much younger than the Maxwells. so no real interaction and of course no older brothers for Sarah.

I also was checking out that Bible study room and its massive size.I was trying to figure how much it cost with all those windows.

When they stay with people, I totally look to see if there are any attractive guys around Sarah's age, too! :lol: Poor Sarah!

When they stay with people, I totally look to see if there are any attractive guys around Sarah's age, too! :lol: Poor Sarah!

Oh me too! Anyone is the 21-40 range I am now checking out as a potential husband for Sarah. If he is in the picture, he is a possibility as far as I am concerned. :dance:

I am guessing that, as with most of our other favorite fundie families, they have a home church and that big-ass room means they don't have to pay property taxes on their home.

They must see themselves as some kind of missionaries, since they get so much free room & board on their travels. Free meals, free 'fellow shipping' with other families, the river house they stayed in while Uriah was laid up (again). Unfortunately, others must see them that way as well to continually give them free room & board and food.

When was the last time they hosted another family for food? Room & board?

Steve Maxwell is a leach disguising his begging behind his god; the same god others, unfortunately, also believe in.

I can't imagine any other family being able to be fed & housed as often as they are. Not unless they have something to sell that others want to buy. Steve hit a need and is profiting from it.

There are other families like the Maxwells who see themselves as missionaries or have a ministry and they get free room and board at places they go to.

I don't see the Maxwells as being the types to hose other families and give them food.

Guest Anonymous

Oh me too! Anyone is the 21-40 range I am now checking out as a potential husband for Sarah. If he is in the picture, he is a possibility as far as I am concerned. :dance:

:lol: Yeah, I enlarged the photos just to check if there was a potential courtee hiding in the background.

I am guessing that, as with most of our other favorite fundie families, they have a home church and that big-ass room means they don't have to pay property taxes on their home.

Seriously? If you declare your house as a home church, you are exempt from paying property taxes?

I think it is a little more complicated than that.

Example, I could in theory declare part of my apartment as work space. But it has to be space used exclusively for work. I do most of my work on my couch or at my dining room table. I would be able to declare the cost of that 4 sq ft divided by the fraction of the time that it is used for work. I could consider it a work expense and subtract it from my gross when calculating the profit--the money I have to actually pay tax upon. And it is a huge red flag for audits, I might add.

I imagine that declaring space as a home church would be similar, except that you first have to actually declare yourself a church. Then, if that room is empty and unused except for religious/church activities, it can be declared a church, with tax benefits for just that room. I don't actually know, I am just assuming that it is similar to the regulations for tax sheltering part of your home as a work space.

There are other families like the Maxwells who see themselves as missionaries or have a ministry and they get free room and board at places they go to.

I don't see the Maxwells as being the types to hose other families and give them food.

LMAO! I very much can see the Maxwell's hosing their guest by not giving them food. But in case you meant host, which I think you did then I agree.

LMAO! I very much can see the Maxwell's hosing their guest by not giving them food. But in case you meant host, which I think you did then I agree.

LOL. Sorry about that. From what I've read about the Maxells from their blog and other sources, they don't seem like the types to bend over backwards for others.

New blog. They are almost home & came across an accident. They prayed for those involved.

How many recent "conversations" have we had about them not praying for those when they came across an accident in their recent travels?????!! :whistle:

New blog. They are almost home & came across an accident. They prayed for those involved.

How many recent "conversations" have we had about them not praying for those when they came across an accident in their recent travels?????!! :whistle:

Someone must read here, they never say they pray for people in accidents....wow, a change in procedure.

Steve and/or Teri,

Let loose some strings and let your children have some interests that don't include spending 24/7 with you and the rest of the family. Let them go to a bookstore and be amazed at the wonderful things they can find. Let them go to a department store and see that granny panties aren't the be all end all for girls. (Speculating that it's plain white with no decoration).

When I read Sarah's posts, her syntax and manner of speech reminds me of my grandmother, not a 21st century young woman. How can Sarah speak to a young woman's yearnings and wants , when she has been so sheltered she has no chance of meeting a young man to court her? How will she know how to parry and thrust in the game of marriage if she doesn't have any other people to look at than you and Teri?

And for the sake of the dear Lord Jesus, get Teri to a hairdresser, give her a Pepsi or two every day, and get her to a doctor to help treat her depression. The Lord Jesus had a physician who wrote the third book of the NT. If it's good enough for Jesus it's good enough for Teri. Depression is a debilitating disease that isn't from sin, it's from chemical imbalance in the brain. That's why we have medicine.

Have a nice day.

Bless Your Hearts.

mrs annie b good

Chris Hogan, president of ATI added an huge addition to his home a few years ago as a Hospitality area, so the concept of dedicated large areas to host other families isn't new it seems.

I have a friend who is a real estate appraiser.

A weird thing: people often ask him to fudge, to make their house worth more or less than it really is for a variety of reasons. Of course he can't. Duh.

Every person with a church room, prayer room or other dedicated religious area has asked him to do something illegal. He said he braces for it as soon as he hears "Praise the Lord."

(Dang, I'm so tired of the Maxwells. Servens, c'mon! Blog something!!!!

I mean, a photo of the one son smiling with a notebook on his lap.

A photo of smiling Mary in the kitchen with a girl. Snorre.....)

OK, all that said, I am a BUG for spacious houses. The multi-purpose room where the nap Bible times were held is proably about 16 feet square. Way more than any room in any house I've ever owned, but not that unconscionably huge. It looks way bigger because of the wide angle lens the photographer used.

Why does Sarah put the word old in quote when she says young and "old" like s'mores?

[ironic] The Maxwells are fine hosts, I'll have you know. They served Rice Krispies treats (homemade!) to people who did some heavy lifting with books and boxes and packing. [/ironic]

Honestly. If the Servens and McDonalds and others like them don't start blogging more, I'm going to have to find another issue about which to shmooz and kvetch. This Maxwell lifestyle is boring me to .... heck, I don't even have metaphors, anymore!!!!! :shock:

Oh, I agree! Someone needs to light a fire under the Serven butts. They were my favorite fundies until Rebecca ran off and got married and now they don't do anything fun. Peter just got married -- how come we don't see the number of photos posted when both Beth and Rebecca married? C'mon Servens -- ramp it up.

(Dang, I'm so tired of the Maxwells. Servens, c'mon! Blog something!!!!

I mean, a photo of the one son smiling with a notebook on his lap.

A photo of smiling Mary in the kitchen with a girl. Snorre.....)

OK, all that said, I am a BUG for spacious houses. The multi-purpose room where the nap Bible times were held is proably about 16 feet square. Way more than any room in any house I've ever owned, but not that unconscionably huge. It looks way bigger because of the wide angle lens the photographer used.

Why does Sarah put the word old in quote when she says young and "old" like s'mores?

[ironic] The Maxwells are fine hosts, I'll have you know. They served Rice Krispies treats (homemade!) to people who did some heavy lifting with books and boxes and packing. [/ironic]

Honestly. If the Servens and McDonalds and others like them don't start blogging more, I'm going to have to find another issue about which to shmooz and kvetch. This Maxwell lifestyle is boring me to .... heck, I don't even have metaphors, anymore!!!!! :shock:

Because the proper word is elderly.

Archived