IGNORED

"modesty tab?" Thank you, Michael Kors!

bionicmlle

Watching Project Runway and one of the designers made a dress with a DEEP V neck and put a little band of fabric in the bottom part of the V which Michael Kors referred to as a "modesty tab." I'm not sure our fundies would agree this is very modest but the neckline was VERY similar to MY wedding dress.... sans "modesty tab." Sexytimes!

If I was going to make a scifi movie, I would totally hire Josh to do the clothes.

What the hell planet were those clothes from?

Josh needs to be around a few more women. I'm sure he can make beautiful clothes for the likes of Eddie Izzard (LOVES!) but ... (and, TBH, my body would not look great in ANY of those PR clothes given my rubenesque figure but there are some that I could see being "sellable.")

Modesty: make it work!

Actually, a PR challenge where they had to design for fundies would be so amusing! It would make both parties squirm so much.

Actually, a PR challenge where they had to design for fundies would be so amusing! It would make both parties squirm so much.

Maybe they could do a crossover episode with the Duggars, like on "Say Yes to the Dress"

Yeah, after that episode with weird accent guy who whined about having to design for someone who was not 6 feet tall and built like a praying mantis, and similar episodes in previous seasons, I would love to see Project Runway - The Ruebens Season, where ALL the models all season long were "plus" size (remembering, of course, that in their world, that's usually a 6 or an 8, HAHAHAHAHA). And even better, none of them could be taller than 5'7".

Then they wouldn't be able to get away with these stupid "draped" dresses, which look more like my 4th grade Greek myth play costumes, or these bare back, plunge down to the navel dresses that only AAAA women could hope to wear. I would LOVE to see designers have to design for real women ALL THE TIME. Maybe then I could find clothes I like that actually look good on ME and FIT.

Is there a snarl smilie? A ranting smilie? Maybe this one... :angry-fire:

(stomps off to eat her homemade!! chocolate pudding and calm down...)

You know, I can't sew very well, but I think I would make a good designer of plus size clothes. I was just telling a friend of mine a few days ago I should design plus size clothes because I know how to make clothes look good on people. Not only am I ahem...larger than I used to be, I find women with "junk in the trunk" more attractive than twings. Look at Adele,swoon...I love her style too.

Modesty tabs would not be part of the outfit in my line :snooty:

Yeah, after that episode with weird accent guy who whined about having to design for someone who was not 6 feet tall and built like a praying mantis,

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

This totally made my evening!!!

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

This totally made my evening!!!

Yes -- he also seemed quite confounded about her large-ish breasts. He asked Tim Gunn about it which produced my favorite moment of the season when TG said something like "I don't have much experience in that area." HAHA!

If I was going to make a scifi movie, I would totally hire Josh to do the clothes.

What the hell planet were those clothes from?

Planet Clinique Counter, where tanning towels and lip gloss grow on trees.

One sentence and I couldn't avoid a riffle. Time for beddy-bye.

It would be really funny, seeing them try to wrangle a fashion forward point of view on a frumper, and than have the camera on Ninas face while she judges it.

I have not been able to watch the latest episode yet. :( Even though I have no favourite person, I still like to watch it. :) I love to see creative people create stuff, especially clothes.

(Off-topic: I hate that the words favourite and colour are marked red. Aaah... The spelling program seems to dislike British English. :cry: I don't know American English. )

I thought you all would appreciate two words coined over at Tom and Lorenzo's blog on Thursday night after the show. The words refer to that hideous outfit that Josh sent down the runway that was a dress in the front and pants or a jumpsuit in the back. One poster called them "drants" and another called them (it?) a "drumper".

Effie, you need to see this episode. You know how Tim visits the finalists at home? Well when he visited Anya, he found that she'd been scuba diving back home in Trinidad and that she'd not sewed a single stitch! Not too sure that she sewed all that many before fashion week either. Anya still can't make a sleeve.

It would not disappoint me a bit if there were no more seasons of Project Runway. They really need to get back to what made the earlier seasons of PR so wonderful -better challenges with more time for the designers to actually create good clothes, less emphasis on the interpersonal drama and less cracktastic judging that pays that takes into account how well the garment is made.

I thought you all would appreciate two words coined over at Tom and Lorenzo's blog on Thursday night after the show. The words refer to that hideous outfit that Josh sent down the runway that was a dress in the front and pants or a jumpsuit in the back. One poster called them "drants" and another called them (it?) a "drumper".

Effie, you need to see this episode. You know how Tim visits the finalists at home? Well when he visited Anya, he found that she'd been scuba diving back home in Trinidad and that she'd not sewed a single stitch! Not too sure that she sewed all that many before fashion week either. Anya still can't make a sleeve.

It would not disappoint me a bit if there were no more seasons of Project Runway. They really need to get back to what made the earlier seasons of PR so wonderful -better challenges with more time for the designers to actually create good clothes, less emphasis on the interpersonal drama and less cracktastic judging that pays that takes into account how well the garment is made.

This.

They are consentrating on making a "TV show" rather than finding a good designer. They are leaving some contestents for their TV "value" when they should have been eliminated.

The challanges are becoming uninspiring and the clothes uninteresting. They are duplicating to many challanges from prior years.

Archived