IGNORED

Doug Phillips & Co. Epic History Fails

Witsec1

I'm kind of confused how one can say both slavery= good and unbridled capitalism = good. How can fundies think it's ok for a (black) person to work for NO WAGES yet it's holy/godly/etc for a white person to run his own business free from gov't regulations and taxes?

I mean, these same people consider much of the tax code unconstitutional because it means taking away money and putting it into the hands of other people (who hadn't earned it). Yet somehow, it's ok to force someone else to work for you for nothing? If a (black) person giving up all his earned wages up is ok, then having to give part of your wages should not even be an issue, right?

The type of logic reasoning to make the two ideas work is making my head hurt.

I can see where someone might think both Dougies are intellectual. There are some pretty ignorant people out there. Upon telling someone at work that I was going to Rome and Venice for my honeymoon, that person asked if I was going to see the Eiffel Tower while I was there. I had to inform them that the Eiffel Tower was in Paris, not Rome. Who doesn't know that? So, I could see someone thinking they were intellectual. It's just sad that there are people who are that stupid in this world.

I can see where someone might think both Dougies are intellectual. There are some pretty ignorant people out there. Upon telling someone at work that I was going to Rome and Venice for my honeymoon, that person asked if I was going to see the Eiffel Tower while I was there. I had to inform them that the Eiffel Tower was in Paris, not Rome. Who doesn't know that? So, I could see someone thinking they were intellectual. It's just sad that there are people who are that stupid in this world.

Right, but I'd bet that your work colleague doesn't have many intellectual pretensions, herself. The "Reformed" people who follow both of the Dougs feel they are the intellectual wing of Christianity, and that their intellectual leaders are equivalent to public intellectuals in the secular world. Exhibit A, KISA.

• 1 year later...

Archived