IGNORED

Robertson: Rise in anti-depressant use is because of atheism

dawn9476

Depression has been around since God was a child. People have always been depressed, for whatever reason. It's just more acceptable now to actually call it depression and there are fabulous meds that can help.

Interesting. When I was fundy (by birth, not by choice) I was depressed to the point of being suicidal. The farther away I got from organized religion, the better life looked. These days I worship an old-growth cedar in my back yard and I have no need for meds.

Do people still listen to this idiot?

The 2 or 3 who did stopped when he said it was OK for a man to divorce his wife with alzheimers.

I say, "hear, hear" for the rise of anti-depressant use, whatever its cause. If the rise of atheism means more people are seeking treatment for this debilitating illness, then that's OK by me.

Robertson will continue to say stupid shit until the day he dies. When he is gone, another televangelist will taking over his duties.

There might be a kernel of truth in Pat Robertson's idiocy. Think of Teri Maxwell-- if she were an atheist (or a mainstream Christian) she would probably be taking her meds.

Archived