IGNORED

New Botkin book/Botkin girls insult (MERGED)

ophelia

visionarydaughters.com

has been updated with news on their book. it's going to be released 1st of november and will be about "how to relate to guys in a blablabla way."

kind of strange that AS&E want to tell others how to deal with guys, since they seem THAT experienced and succesful in that area.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

They know about relating to guys like I know about space-shuttle design. Maybe less-at least I know that the part with the fins goes on the ground.

I love that the subtitle is "how to relate to guys in a healthy, sane and biblical way." :roll:

I believe the covergirl is Ellen Vernier. Audri Botkin's younger sister.

ETA It's definitely Ellen.

Well, all in the family...perhaps Ellen's next in line to "wade through the quagmire" of the 50,000 courtship questions exam.

I believe the covergirl is Ellen Vernier. Audri Botkin's younger sister.

ETA It's definitely Ellen.

That's kind of a defrauding picture on the front.

"Oh noes! My prim, modest, Biblical sweater is too small to cover my heaving bosom! I guess I'll just have to leave it unbuttoned part way." :cry:

I love that the subtitle is "how to relate to guys in a healthy, sane and biblical way." :roll:

LOL, I had to go to the site to check that was the actual title! :lol:

That's kind of a defrauding picture on the front.

"Oh noes! My prim, modest, Biblical sweater is too small to cover my heaving bosom! I guess I'll just have to leave it unbuttoned part way." :cry:

You can say that again. There's a fine line between "nibbling lower lip in confusion at the complex nature of relationships" and "nibbling lower lip in faux-modest, come-hither, sensual hints of...

Er, actually I think I'll go and have a cold shower.

Who the hell is stupid enough to waste money on a book relationship book from those two? They should at least have a success story (even a broken courtship would work) to show they have actually related to guys other than their brothers. :doh:

Sigh, maybe I should start performing cosmetic surgery as my new job. I have as much as experience doing that as the Botkin girls do with men! :dance:

Math nerd thought: It's obvious that whoever came up with the cover hasn't spent a lot of time wrestling with real math problems. There's a lot of stuff that can be cancelled, and the notation is all wrong. I mean, even my grandma knows to cancel the one and that the square root of L squared is L. Is that f notation, or are they trying to take the integral? Also, the "division" sign isn't really used much past 7th grade.

Maybe they should have written a book on the order of operations instead, 'cause after all, It's Not That Complicated.

I am very much tempted to order this book....just to see if it lives up the hype. I am way, way, past the age tender courtships and all that mushy stuff.

I am very much tempted to order this book....just to see if it lives up the hype. I am way, way, past the age tender courtships and all that mushy stuff.

Well, if you take one for the team and buy the book, be sure to let us know how it is! :)

To further the math nitpicking, doesn't it have to be the sine of something? sin(.72) or whatever?

You're right.

Unless they meant the sine of pi, which would come out to zero, canceling that whole chunk of the equation, and making the <3^2 also zero.

So, so, so many things that a SOTRDT homeschooler would never know. Like basic algebra and trigonometry.

To further the math nitpicking, doesn't it have to be the sine of something? sin(.72) or whatever?

I just saw that "sin" written on the board and thought it was some kind of subliminal message ;)

Who the hell is stupid enough to waste money on a book relationship book from those two? They should at least have a success story (even a broken courtship would work) to show they have actually related to guys other than their brothers. :doh:

Sigh, maybe I should start performing cosmetic surgery as my new job. I have as much as experience doing that as the Botkin girls do with men! :dance:

THIS. It's like I would teach math at university... or like Anna Duggar or JChille giving a class about healthy cooking.

visionarydaughters.com

has been updated with news on their book. it's going to be released 1st of november and will be about "how to relate to guys in a blablabla way."

kind of strange that AS&E want to tell others how to deal with guys, since they seem THAT experienced and succesful in that area.

I am curious myself how they can seem to know so much and share their vasy amount of knowledge on a topic they have not personally experienced. What qualifies these two as experts on relationships.

I am going to order the book though because I am too curious to know what they have to say, and if I am going to find fault with them I want to know that the fault I find is accurate, and they truely know nothing about relationships.

Nevrmind what bull is in the book, I really dislike the crappy " Ooh, math is so hard!" for pinkclad, pretty barbiegirls image they have slapped on the front.

Relate to boys by being cute and playing stupid, way to go, how set apart you are, not!

I just saw that "sin" written on the board and thought it was some kind of subliminal message ;)

haha me too!

Nevrmind what bull is in the book, I really dislike the crappy " Ooh, math is so hard!" for pinkclad, pretty barbiegirls image they have slapped on the front.

Relate to boys by being cute and playing stupid, way to go, how set apart you are, not!

I know. Let me quote Reese Witherspoon here: "I want to say to them, ‘My grandma did not fight for what she fought for, just so you can start telling women it’s fun to be stupid."

Archived