IGNORED

Miss Raquel makes a mountain out of a speck of dirt

formergothardite

http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2011/ ... ssary.html

To sum up the whole mess, somebody told somebody else that they thought Raquel like a guy. This sent Raquel into crying hysterics and caused her and her parents to go sit down and "confront" the other person and their parents. :roll: She had to just "give it like it is" to that person and then brag about how wonderful she is on her blog.

The way she gushes about guys on her blog, I'm not shocked someone thought she liked a guy. She is practically begging for someone to "court" her. And the normal thing to do when someone spreads rumors that you like a guy is to just call them and ask what gave them the impression that you felt that way. No reason to drag the parents into it. Not unless you are a drama queen who wants to make a big deal out of nothing.

And then she doesn't share what happened after confronting A. What a stupid thing to involve your parents in!

It sounds like typical high school drama. I am surprised her parents intervened like that. Isn't she old enough to confront the girl herself?

Yeaaah...I'm, um, going to have to agree with the OP. Yeaaahh: First of all, the kind of rumor she's talking about is on the bright side of normal high-school behavior.

The way to handle it with a friend is to talk to that friend alone - y'know, without tattling to her dad. (How good a friend can "Person A" be if this girl can't talk to her?)

The way to handle it with a non-friend is to ignore it. It's just a rumor.

It is pretty typical teen drama, but her reaction to it is just so over the top. It's not like the rumor was that she was a stripper on the side or even that she kissed a guy, just she liked someone. And if her parents had any sort of wisdom, they would just told her to go talk to the person. I can't help to think that the whole blog post was a passive aggressive jab at the other person to show how holy Raquel is and how worldly that person was. If she just wanted to make a post about how to deal with confrontation, she could have done it without dragging up that strory.

I also think the rumor was probably true and she is embarrassed that the guy found out. That would explain the crazed reaction and why she wanted to blog about it so that everyone who heard the rumor would know the "truth".

I think Raquel might be 18 by now, but even if she's still underage, what a ridiculous example of helicopter parenting and the immaturity to which it leads.

It is pretty typical teen drama, but her reaction to it is just so over the top. It's not like the rumor was that she was a stripper on the side or even that she kissed a guy, just she liked someone. And if her parents had any sort of wisdom, they would just told her to go talk to the person. I can't help to think that the whole blog post was a passive aggressive jab at the other person to show how holy Raquel is and how worldly that person was. If she just wanted to make a post about how to deal with confrontation, she could have done it without dragging up that strory.

I agree. At least Racquel's wackiness can be blamed on her youth. Her parents don't seem like they have much sense to me.

Not gonna lie, at first I thought someone, "thought Raquel LOOKED like a guy." That would've been equally harmless, but way funnier. I went through a similar ordeal in second grade, except I really DID like Jimmy H. My dad would laugh his ass off if something like this happened to me today. At age 21. :roll:

DRAMA. QUEEN.

All this fuss over a rumor about her liking a guy? Who freaking cares? That is nothingness.

When I was in middle/high school, there were much worse rumors about me and my friends than just "liking someone". She should be thankful that's the only rumor about her.

I guess this is what happens when you shelter your kids. They have a nervous breakdown over a little misunderstanding.

We all went through similar crises in high school, but in the pre-internet days, did not feel the need to tell the whole world about them.

If a simple rumour is enough to spin this girl out so badly, then she needs to get out more. Maybe meet some people with some real problems.

My favorite rumor that I heard about myself was that my youngest brother was actually MY kid. This went around when I was a senior in HS, and he was in kindergarten. I drove him to and from school, so I had a booster seat in my car. Word got around that the kid was mine. My Mom even got told by my Latin teacher that I was doing great for a single mom, and that I must have a lot of support from my family. Mom was amused, thankfully.

We all went through similar crises in high school, but in the pre-internet days, did not feel the need to tell the whole world about them.

Just our diaries ;) I read some of the stuff I write in junior high and I laugh so hard. I hate Nancy , she tried to steal Neil from me. Lots of stupid entries along those lines.

I just learned about her last week and she's so quickly becoming my new favorite/least favorite blogger. I just wish that her parents had a blog about self-righteous helicopter parenting, too!!!!

It's not like the rumor was that she was a stripper on the side or even that she kissed a guy, just she liked someone.

In her world/mind, they seem to be pretty much the same thing. :D

On the other hand, after reading a few of her posts, it's pretty obvious she is a barrel of sexual tension just waiting to explode. Not surprising that she goes off on any little thing, especially when it in any way, no matter how tangential, might refer to her sexual feelings, which she is desperately trying to mask/tamp down, as evidenced by her obsession with "romance."

My favorite rumor that I heard about myself was that my youngest brother was actually MY kid. This went around when I was a senior in HS, and he was in kindergarten. I drove him to and from school, so I had a booster seat in my car. Word got around that the kid was mine. My Mom even got told by my Latin teacher that I was doing great for a single mom, and that I must have a lot of support from my family. Mom was amused, thankfully.

LOL! People constantly think my nephew is mine because he looks more like me (they ignore the fact that it would mean I had him at 12 :lol: )

People thought I was a lesbian when I'm not, so lots of rumors about me liking certain girls. I wonder how Raquel would handle that!

I just learned about her last week and she's so quickly becoming my new favorite/least favorite blogger. I just wish that her parents had a blog about self-righteous helicopter parenting, too!!!!

Her mum does have a blog. I forget the name but you can find it if you look through the comments on her post that's linked to 'my 18 year old son answers the qs from God's Daughter'

Miss Raquel has always seemed very boy-crazy to me in general. Just this time it's a specific boy instead of boys in general.

Maybe she can take this angst and channel it into an amazing new fictional for us.

Her mum does have a blog. I forget the name but you can find it if you look through the comments on her post that's linked to 'my 18 year old son answers the qs from God's Daughter'

Okay, after a teensy bit of investigating:

Raquel's mom's blog is rubyintherough7.blogspot.com

She's also written at least one article for LAF

Archived