IGNORED

Michelle gets on my last nerve

jebandpunky

I hardly watch this show at all anymore as most people I have gotten extremely bored with it.

How many times can you make tarter tot casserole and not get bored with it? I have noticed

Jim Bob making more of effect then Michelle does. It seem she got bored with baby Josie

and has past her off to a buddy like all her other children. We see her off on a book tour

while her baby is with a nurse and most of the book or so I have heard is about Josie.

Michelle now seem to be enjoying vacations and field trips paid for by TLC I am sure.

Part of the reason I no longer can stand this show is just watching her. She always seem

to be away from the children hiding in her room or out enjoying vacations while her older

daughters loose out on childhood to raise the children she brought into the world.The last

draw I think was recently when they loaded Jason into ambulance not seeing a concerned

mother but to see a mother with giant smile on her face. .As through she was celebrity

smiling for cameras. Sometimes you want to jump through the tv and remind she is a mother.

I also am not much a fan of Josh. This a grown man with his own children running with them

as they wheel Jason into the Hospital not be a concerned big brother but running with them to film

with his camera. He also has this kind of more happy looking face.This family like many others

who get their 15 minutes of fame have put the fame of tv over their family. I am sure once this

show gets it cancellation notice at some point down the road. We will see the family is no longer

able to support all the children they pushed out for the show while it was airing and they need

help from the community to get by. :roll:

The show needs to end. I don't know anyone who watches it. IIRC before TLC, the Duggars were getting help from their community. Some lady(ies) used to help with the laundry and I think they received diapers, but I am not positive.

Michelle is one of the LEAST maternal women I have ever seen

A pissed of rattlesnake is more maternal than michelle.

When Michelle was talking about the camera people trying to catch the babies when they were falling, I wanted to shoot my tv.

Guest Anonymous
When Michelle was talking about the camera people trying to catch the babies when they were falling, I wanted to shoot my tv.

It would be more constructive to shoot her; her kids might be better off.

The show needs to end. I don't know anyone who watches it. IIRC before TLC, the Duggars were getting help from their community. Some lady(ies) used to help with the laundry and I think they received diapers, but I am not positive.

The Duggars used to receive clothing donations from different people and I also recall reading an article that mentioned that they used to get food donations from churches.

Speaking of injured children, I don't know if this has been mentioned, but did anyone else find Josie's almost total lack of response to being hit by the door and smacking her head on the tile a little disturbing? Most toddlers that age would be screaming loud enough to bring the roof down, but she just lay there looking a little puzzled.

The Duggars used to receive clothing donations from different people and I also recall reading an article that mentioned that they used to get food donations from churches.

Is it true they got financial donations? I also read their church helped quite a bit because Michelle didn't work and Grandpa Duggar gave JB land. I am not saying I despise them but the Duggars want everyone to think they made it to this point by themselves. Well it is easy to not use credit cards and welfare when you are given things.

Edited to add: And I am not against getting help. I am just against someone trying to be deceptive about it.

Speaking of injured children, I don't know if this has been mentioned, but did anyone else find

Josie's almost total lack of response to being hit by the door and smacking her head on the tile a little disturbing? Most toddlers that age would be screaming loud enough to bring the roof down, but she

just lay there looking a little puzzled.

I thought this of Jordan for a long time.I never saw her crying when she was pushed and bumped

around .But now I see the same pattern in Joise.I think these babies just get pushed and bumped

around all day long and get no attention from tears so they just get up and keep going.Or they

both have something wrong. I am also getting the impression that Johannah may hyperactive

disorder.I watch her see her never being able to settle down. We will never probably know

these things they usually test for in school but since the Duggars are home schooled it

is something that probably won't happen nor do I think they want to hear it.

I think the children act hyper because there is always so much going on. Think about the way small children act when there is a birthday party or holiday and lots of other children about... that is every day at the Duggar house. Jordan and Josie have never had the chance to just play quietly or color; there is too much distraction.

I agree that they probably don't cry because it gets them nowhere. If anything, they may be handled harshly when they cry because they are being inconvenient and/or selfish. It is that Pearl style parenting: beatings will continue until morale improves.

Is it true they got financial donations? I also read their church helped quite a bit because Michelle didn't work and Grandpa Duggar gave JB land. I am not saying I despise them but the Duggars want everyone to think they made it to this point by themselves. Well it is easy to not use credit cards and welfare when you are given things.

Edited to add: And I am not against getting help. I am just against someone trying to be deceptive about it.

I haven't heard or read anything about them receiving financial donations in the past. I believe it was confirmed that JB's dad Jimmy Lee did give them land at one point. Land inheritance is quite common in some regions of the U.S. especially rural areas.

I'm glad that the Duggars did receive food and clothing donations in the past.I don't like the idea of children going hungry or not having enough to eat. I agree with you I also despise the Duggars for the reason you mentioned. The Duggars, Bateses and other QF families talk about how they have pride in not receiving government assistance, but yet they are sometimes or most of the time dependent on the charity of others. Gil Bates annoyed me on Primetime when he said that he didn't want his family to be a burden on others and that is why he didn't take government assistance other than tax deductions, but yet he and Kelly don't have health insurance and they rely on a free clinic that is paid by someone else.

I thought this of Jordan for a long time.I never saw her crying when she was pushed and bumped

around .But now I see the same pattern in Joise.I think these babies just get pushed and bumped

around all day long and get no attention from tears so they just get up and keep going.Or they

both have something wrong. I am also getting the impression that Johannah may hyperactive

disorder.I watch her see her never being able to settle down. We will never probably know

these things they usually test for in school but since the Duggars are home schooled it

is something that probably won't happen nor do I think they want to hear it.

I think the issue with the Duggars isn't that probably don't push for in depth medical screenings of the kids. With Josie, I'm surprised that Michelle is taking the ear problems serious.

I haven't heard or read anything about them receiving financial donations in the past. I believe it was confirmed that JB's dad Jimmy Lee did give them land at one point. Land inheritance is quite common in some regions of the U.S. especially rural areas.

I'm glad that the Duggars did receive food and clothing donations in the past.I don't like the idea of children going hungry or not having enough to eat. I agree with you I also despise the Duggars for the reason you mentioned. The Duggars, Bateses and other QF families talk about how they have pride in not receiving government assistance, but yet they are sometimes or most of the time dependent on the charity of others. Gil Bates annoyed me on Primetime when he said that he didn't want his family to be a burden on others and that is why he didn't take government assistance other than tax deductions, but yet he and Kelly don't have health insurance and they rely on a free clinic that is paid by someone else.

Yes they may be fine fiancially with no show as fans say but it has sure upgraded their lifestyle. Even the Bateses have changed slightly. I think most of the QF parents know people will start feeling sorry for their kids at some point. The kids can not help being born in these circumstances.

Yes they may be fine fiancially with no show as fans say but it has sure upgraded their lifestyle. Even the Bateses have changed slightly. I think most of the QF parents know people will start feeling sorry for their kids at some point. The kids can not help being born in these circumstances.[/quote]

I agree they probably know it and they probably have some relief from it. Kelly Bates probably has the attitude about not worrying about food or clothing because people in her community are always donating to the.

Last year, I heard a rumor somewhere that the Duggars still receive clothing donations. I think maybe there are some fans that really don't know how much the Duggars are making from the show so they still feel they need to donate to them.

Last year, I heard a rumor somewhere that the Duggars still receive clothing donations. I think maybe there are some fans that really don't know how much the Duggars are making from the show so they still feel they need to donate to them

Have they no shame???

What a stupid question, of course they don't! Disgusting.

About the not-crying:

One of my friends used to fall all the time when she was little, like toddler-age. When her parents had guests over they'd hear the thump and go "OMG, is she ok?? Do you want to go check on her???" and they'd just say "Nah, she does it all the time, she's fine." and sure enough she'd go running off again until the next thump. Some kids just don't cry as much.

I do think it has something to do with having older siblings too, though, as at least in my babysitting experience girls (I never noticed this as much with boys, not trying to be stereotypical, this is just reporting exactly what I saw) who had older brothers who liked to play rough could fall or be bumped all the time and would never cry - although if they ever were really injured they'd at least admit it, but usually try not to cry. (I never met any with older sisters who played rough, maybe it's the same thing) Those who were onlies or the oldest or only had one quiet older sibling would cry almost every time they were even surprised by hitting something. Sometimes also the baby of the family would cry the most, but those kids were actually more rare than the ones who just jumped back up.

Other kids wouldn't cry unless/until they realized an adult was watching them, and then they'd burst into howling tears but as soon as you came over and hugged them they were suddenly fine again.

That said, I do think Michelle seems oddly detached and also like the kind who smacks a disobedient child - I haven't watched the latest episodes so she hasn't quite earned my full wrath, although I can feel it stirring just reading what y'all are saying. I'm just not sure if the babies not crying is actually a serious thing or just a type of kid thing. I coach kids every day and a lot of the younger ones are like rubber, they never seem to be bothered by any type of fall.

Argh, I also really don't like mooch-y type people. :evil:

Last year, I heard a rumor somewhere that the Duggars still receive clothing donations. I think maybe there are some fans that really don't know how much the Duggars are making from the show so they still feel they need to donate to them.

I'm thinking maybe people don't donate to them specifically, as much as they send them "gifts". It boils down to the same thing, but I don't think people are really acting out of a sense of charitable giving to the less fortunate. They just feel a connection to the family and the kids, so they might send them a present for christmas or their birthday or something. I remember Kate Gosselin saying on an early episode that people used to send them random gifts. I think they all got monogrammed backpacks or something before they went on one of their trips, because some viewer just wanted to give them something.

Of course, the Duggars could head this kind of thing off at the pass if they'd make some public announcement on the show/their blog/a message board that they'd prefer to have their fans send clothes/toys/gifts to a charity rather than to their family. It could even be a charity that the Duggars have specifically worked with in the past. But I doubt that will happen.

Speaking of injured children, I don't know if this has been mentioned, but did anyone else find

Josie's almost total lack of response to being hit by the door and smacking her head on the tile a little disturbing? Most toddlers that age would be screaming loud enough to bring the roof down, but she

just lay there looking a little puzzled.

I think it is pretty common for micropreemies. My nephew was a micropreemie and he has a unusually high threshold for pain. It must be something about all the painful procedures they had when the were in the NICU and maybe they become desensitized to it. Babies born that early are probably more prone to sensory issues too.

Of course if her "mother" would have been keeping an eye on her precious addition and kept her out from in front of the door people were going in and out of she wouldn't have been knocked over in the first place.

Archived