IGNORED

Loving Him Without Words - Time Warp Wife

NurseNell

time-warp-wife.blogspot.com/

I thank God for another day to serve Him as a wife. I then work my way out of the covers at 5:00am to get the morning started before my husband wakes up.

Here are 10 ways that I show my husband I love him before he leaves for work:

The kitchen is warm and welcoming for his arrival of the start of his day

The kitchen is filled with great smells of his breakfast cooking

It's his needs, his needs, his needs.

And goes on to say;

Dying to self every single day and choosing to pick up the cross is how you love your husband without words....

Dying to self every single day and carrying the cross makes one a martyr. Martyrs are hell on earth to live with.

In Lutheran school, I was taught that the meaning of the phrase was to follow Christ at all costs. A quick google search found this:

http://www.acts17-11.com/death.html Which discusses the origins of the phrase, and discusses the extreme of "picking up the cross" to follow Christ.

Rather interesting for her to apply this to her spouse, which I don't think was the intention of these words. Creepy that she seems to compare her spouse to Christ. Once again, patriarchy is teaching women to create gods of their spouses.

In Lutheran school, I was taught that the meaning of the phrase was to follow Christ at all costs. A quick google search found this:

http://www.acts17-11.com/death.html Which discusses the origins of the phrase, and discusses the extreme of "picking up the cross" to follow Christ.

Rather interesting for her to apply this to her spouse, which I don't think was the intention of these words. Creepy that she seems to compare her spouse to Christ. Once again, patriarchy is teaching women to create gods of their spouses.

In teh Botkinettes' lecture on how to serve your dad, eBot says that much like we should not take the name of the Lord in vain, we shouldn't take our father's name in vain either.

In teh Botkinettes' lecture on how to serve your dad, eBot says that much like we should not take the name of the Lord in vain, we shouldn't take our father's name in vain either.

Oh lord :roll:

I hate the expression "die to self." It sounds to me like "Don't have an original thought in your brain. Just do what you're told."

I hate the expression "die to self." It sounds to me like "Don't have an original thought in your brain. Just do what you're told."

To me it sounds like "So you're 8 months pregnant and you're been on your feet for 16 hours changing diapers, cleaning up messes, wrangling the kids, and cooking three hot meals for 8 people? Suck it up, bitch. You're not important here."

I hate the expression "die to self."

Me too. It doesn't make sense to me. Die to self. Give up myself. Give up my needs or wants. But die? No.

Isn't that the bitch who got all pearl-clutching when Pagan Soccer Mom was nominated for Top 25 Blogs of Faith?

Isn't that the bitch who got all pearl-clutching when Pagan Soccer Mom was nominated for Top 25 Blogs of Faith?

The blog is, yes, but the post is from another blogger. Right now Time Warp Wife is doing a bootleg Love Dare (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3598) where some seriously self deprecating bloggers suggest ways to love their husbands more. Some of their bios are AH-MAZE-ING. My favorite blogger bio is from day 14, because she goes on and on about what a horrible feminist she used to be and then submitted to her husband, basically against her husband's will, and left it up to god and ta da! Everything was fixed.

Yes. This is how these bloggers introduce themselves to the world. I've been watching this whole series, the links to new blogs have been a treasure trove. One of them, earlier in the group, went in detail about all of her financial issues in her bio, what would Emily Post say? :snooty:

Plenty of us do nice things for our husband. THe difference is we know how the difference betweeen being nice and being a doormat. The phrase 'dying to self' in regards to your husband, makes me think that this woman would serve him regardless of his actions toward her.

Just watched that video.

Since when is an apron "eye candy"?! What happened to cooking in heels and underwear?

Probably not happening with kids, but hey. What about skinny jeans, nice sundresses or pretty blouses?

Bleargh. Taking your partners likes/dislikes into consideration? Awesome. Becoming a doormat? Sickening. That goes for men and women.

Why are fundies so incapable of seeing any happy medium. Maybe following the middle path is just too heathen and Buddhist/Aristotelian.

ETA: The golden mean is Aristotle, isn't it? :oops: :shifty:

The blog is, yes, but the post is from another blogger. Right now Time Warp Wife is doing a bootleg Love Dare (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3598) where some seriously self deprecating bloggers suggest ways to love their husbands more. Some of their bios are AH-MAZE-ING. My favorite blogger bio is from day 14, because she goes on and on about what a horrible feminist she used to be and then submitted to her husband, basically against her husband's will, and left it up to god and ta da! Everything was fixed.

Yes. This is how these bloggers introduce themselves to the world. I've been watching this whole series, the links to new blogs have been a treasure trove. One of them, earlier in the group, went in detail about all of her financial issues in her bio, what would Emily Post say? :snooty:

I saw that one. I felt very sad for her, but also couldn't help wondering what more there was to the story because it all sounded a little "off."

I saw that one. I felt very sad for her, but also couldn't help wondering what more there was to the story because it all sounded a little "off."

Thank you! The story pulled at my heartstrings as well, and I'm like, well now I want to know what happened and read her blog. So I go WAY back and read and read and read. I still can't figure out what the hell really happened.

Oh, and taking your husband back to the house you lost to take pics of him looking forlorn in your old in ground pool- TACKY. I can't even think of a better way to describe it, it's just so weird. And then to post them! The pic is here if anyone did catch this before:

joleneengle.blogspot.com/2011/09/how-to-lose-your-dream-home-not-just.html

Again, I feel bad that this happened to them, but something doesn't add up.

ETA: fact riffle correction

Here's what I've never understood... why is this so fucking AMAZING that you must write a whole series on it? 4 out of 7 days a week I get up and fix my partner breakfast... it's not amazing, it's what I do. 6 of 7 days I have dinner ready when my partner gets home... why? Because I'm home most of the day and it's what makes sense. If was working a 9-5 like him we would probably trade off more... but he makes the big bucks and I get to do what I love... so in return I cook. (Plus my partner's cooking skills leave something to be desired....) I always greet with a hug and/or kiss... How is that big news?

I'm not understanding why these bloggers want to be patted on the back for doing thing normal people do every day. I really just don't get it! It doesn't make you super special to clean house when you are home all day, nor does it make you super evil to lay in bed one day because you just don't feel like doing anything. It's called being HUMAN. And I've never had to die to myself to make my partner happy... he loves me for who I am not who I pretend to be.

The juxtaposition of, "We sold our belongings for food, we could not afford to buy our children Christmas presents" with the sidebar, in which she is showcasing a series of posts on "Why God has not called me to get a job"--it's stunning and terrible.

Guest Anonymous
The juxtaposition of, "We sold our belongings for food, we could not afford to buy our children Christmas presents" with the sidebar, in which she is showcasing a series of posts on "Why God has not called me to get a job"--it's stunning and terrible.

She also has no clue how foreclosures really work either. She claims to live in the Inland Empire of Southern California, one of the places with the highest foreclosure rates in the ENTIRE COUNTRY. No kidding a foreclosure sale will take forever. Half the time, the bank is looking at a backlog of 6+ months, especially if you are so upside down that the bank won't make any money off your house.

And, seriously, the health issues? Get some insurance for your kids, at the very least. God may provide (if you believe in that sort of thing), but he doesn't suffer fools gladly.

Some of their bios are AH-MAZE-ING. My favorite blogger bio is from day 14, because she goes on and on about what a horrible feminist she used to be and then submitted to her husband, basically against her husband's will, and left it up to god and ta da! Everything was fixed.

Isn't it amazing that no one is as fanatical about keeping to obscure laws and guidelines as converts who used to scoff at them. Did the lady say why being a feminist was so horrible? One should think that compared to "dieing to self", "being a horrible feminist" is the far better deal.

This one is a gem. Her husband is a failed real estate salesman and she squandered a fortune on quack medical treatments.

edited to add: all her trials and those of her family are linked to her previous life of sexual sin :whistle:

IIRC she used to be an atheist, so it all goes back to that. That's why she had to stop providing for her family and trust in the lord, and we can see how that plan panned out. That and she was so stressed out her brain swelled right up. Who knew?!

Guest Anonymous

IIRC she used to be an atheist, so it all goes back to that. That's why she had to stop providing for her family and trust in the lord, and we can see how that plan panned out. That and she was so stressed out her brain swelled right up. Who knew?!

She was also an ebil feminist. Bitch hit the trifecta of sin IMHO.

Dying to self every single day and choosing to pick up the cross is how you love your husband without words....

When do men 'die to self?'

When do men 'die to self?'

When they repeatedly impregnate shrill, self righteous harpies in an effort to appear "Godly" when they'd rather be kicking back a cold one whilst simultaneously manhandling strippers AND watching cable TV?

When they repeatedly impregnate shrill, self righteous harpies in an effort to appear "Godly" when they'd rather be kicking back a cold one whilst simultaneously manhandling strippers AND watching cable TV?

I almost just spit out my coffee lol.

And yeah to whoever said upthread wth is the big deal? I make meals for my husband (and kids and myself) most days, but if I'm tired or sick or whatever or if I just say hey I don't feel like cooking today...guess who makes dinner? Yeah that'd be the hubs...uh its called a partnership. And I really don't see how its blogworthy that you made breakfast. I make breakfast for dh before I go to bed at night so he has something easy to heat up the next morning for work...its called caring that my hubs has a nice meal when he has to work at 4am...it isn't newsworthy.

I cleaned the gutters for my husband because he's deathly afraid of ladders.

I was going to write a four part blog about it, but I couldn't find the handwriting-style font to sign my posts with. None of them really seemed to capture the feeling, you know?

Archived