IGNORED

Sigh. Just...sigh... Miss USA Pageant

Kitten

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tho this is a serious issue, I just wanted to mention this thread is cracking me up at points. The global warming being caused by lack of pirates, the guy pretending to be a druid, and a cow walking into the ocean and becoming a whale. In fairness that would be fucking awesome.

The teacher told us about the druid issue because he found it hilarious. He also told us that we would be discussing evolution, at least as an historical subject. He also told the tale of the time he wrote "evolution is a fact!" discussed the issues surrounding it, erased the "!" and put a "?" then discussed more of the issues and replaced the "?" with an "!" on the board. All of this to point out the historical controversy, and one of his students stood up, said she wasn't a monkey, and walked out. He was fine with that, even if he clearly thought it was silly (thought he never came out and said it) He wanted everyone to know what his class would be about so that there wouldn't be more student issues. There were always other teachers who would teach a far more Bible Belt friendly history class, but he wasn't one of them. I learned for about evolution from him than I ever learned from a science teacher.

Not believing in evolution is awesome. You don't have to worry about antibiotic resistant bacteria. You don't have to worry about HIV (because it could never have evolved from a monkey virus to a human one). You don't have to worry about a flu pandemic. Who would want to believe in evolution?

LOL With all that time freed up, you can spend it on your makeup instead!

That said, GO VERMONT!

Archived