IGNORED

Another Gothard-attended Wedding

jlbturtle

Here is another one I found that Bill Gothard attended although I'm not sure his picture was in this specific post.

thewilkesteam.com/2011/10/02/a-few-more-pictures-from-joshua-and-lisas-wedding

This one is actually a little bit better IMO.

Could he have parted his hair any further down the side of his head?

From the looks of his father, I think he'll be one of those men who gets more handsome as he ages. But right now, his face has just not developed enough character.

Praise the Lord Joshua and Lisa. God has a glorious plan for you both. Pursue God ultimate purpose for your children and the generations to follow, and with all patience and long suffering advance to complete it in God’s perfect timing.

Explain this comment that was left on their page. What does he mean by the underlined part?

Guest Anonymous

What up with fundys always having ill fitting clothes? And why oh why does it look like these folks haven't washed their hair in weeks???

You know what would be a great ritual for a "Gothard" wedding? The dad could walk the daughter down the aisle with a symbolic "umbrella of authority" and then hand it off to the husband. Laugh now, but I bet there is someone, somewhere who has done this. Of course the umbrella of authority is for protection, you know. I actually went to a church that thought the church members were to be under the umbrella of authority. Ugh. Ugh. Anyway. I see that happening right before the unity candle.

Looks like God did another one of his spechul minor miracles especially for them-He made the rain stop coz Grandma prayed.

Why are fundie wedding dresses so boring? I am the furthest thing from a fan of white weddings, but if you're going to insist on a white dress, do something a little more interesting than a t-shirt with at long skirt tacked to the bottom. Plain and/or covered=/=boring. Go and google some European royal weddings if you need ideas.

Archived