IGNORED

Odd looking wedding pictures

jlbturtle

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goodness, I guess they must be something in ATI to have old Bill (I think he must use Grecian Formula a lot) speak at their wedding. They certainly aren't the gorgeous royalty we're used to seeing.

Fugly for some of them. And the bride, she looks like she's terrified of what's to come. The groom looks like he's gung ho.

There were maybe 2 genuine smiles in that whole album. Even all the people in the candids looked like they were forcing their grins. What a joyless group.

I don't know about fake, but it looks like he was the victim of a bad home dye job that did not include his sideburns.

Bill Gothard has a sweet comb-over.

Oh, my.

The groom... well. Everything I want to say is too mean and would undoubtedly offend at least one FJer.

I will say that I think this couple is more representative of Average Fundies than are the attractive, smiling, seemingly financially comfortable maidens and families who dominate the fundie blogosphere.

There's one picture of a guy signing (someone IDed him as Bill Gothard) the guest book who has the WORST comb over I've ever seen. Worse than Donald Trump. I also noticed the caterer was wearing a *GASP* knee-length skirt! Defrauding!

As for the groom, I'm not so sure it's fake as just badly dyed and an awful cut.

Oh my. Bill Gothard has gotten old. He still does that weird bump at the front of his hairline. I have been to funerals where people were more happy than at this wedding. The look the bride is giving the groom right before he kisses her is like she is getting ready to have a root canal. And his hair. Why would anyone do that to their hair?! Why?!

NOOOO NOT CAP SLEEVES

Ladies with chunky arms - CAP SLEEVES ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND. Take it from someone who knows. The bride's dress is quite pretty though, imo, or could be minus the cap sleeves and cheap white satin. I don't think they look *that* bad (maybe it's just me being a Brit and being exposed to gypsy weddings!) but it's very....bland. And not very joyous. Even without smiley pictures (and I hate smiling in pictures), they just don't look like they're having much fun.

And yeah, bridesmaids wearing white is becoming more popular (see Kate Middleton). It's actually how bridesmaids were dressed in Victorian times, they were supposed to be like mini brides (supposedly to confuse the devil), hence bridesmaids in years gone by having little veils.

Thanks treemom for the url.

The bride certainly has a deer in the headlights look on her face. And the dad's expression in this picture:

picasaweb.google.com/108744937430305813948/TMJaycoxWedding#5664010069776772450

And the expression on the groom's face here:

picasaweb.google.com/108744937430305813948/TMJaycoxWedding#5664010230284002194

"I've got you now, my pretty" Maybe we need a LOLWedding

I don't think that the bride is ugly but the dress does not fit her body type. The flower girl was cute.

I liked their car.

Which one is Gothard?

I don't think that the bride is ugly but the dress does not fit her body type. The flower girl was cute.

I liked their car.

Which one is Gothard?

He is appears in #30, 57, 68, 76, 77, and 85.

He is the little troll with the bad dye job.

Not to kick a man when he's crazy, but I bet Geoff Botkin would love to forward these pictures to the Botkinettes with the heading "This is you in ten years unless you hurry up".

Bless their hearts!

That dress needed to be altered or she needed to hitch the girls up a little higher and add a little smoothing. Torselette bra: Great under the wedding dress, totally defrauding for the honeymoon! ;)

I agree with darkplumaged. This wedding represents the vast majority of fundy weddings. Everything is homemade and usually everyone attending was involved in some way and too exhausted to look good for pictures.

These made me think of the movie "Up" - the wedding scene, where her family is on one side of the church, whooping it up, while his family on the other side can barely crack a collective smile. :lol:

Oh hey, I succesfully indentified Bill Gothard. Go me ... I think?

Groom is super creepy. I especially (dis)like this one:

picasaweb.google.com/108744937430305813948/TMJaycoxWedding#5664012292451713410

She looks like she wants out, he looks like he's holding on to her and Gothard just looks smug.

Archived