IGNORED

Bates 32: More Weddings, More Babies

Coconut Flan

Are we going to hear anything from the Bates about the school shooting in their home state of TN? I doubt it. Prayers and crickets while they vote and support people that are funded by the NRA. 

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, gobucks said:

Are we going to hear anything from the Bates about the school shooting in their home state of TN? I doubt it. Prayers and crickets while they vote and support people that are funded by the NRA. 

Pro-life, but not when it comes to the number one cause of death for children in the US - guns. Hypocrites. 

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

I'm done with my shithole country's obsession with deadly weapons. I desperately want to melt down every last gun in this nation and use the metal for a memorial to all victims, and build it to strategically cast long shadows over the US Capitol Building during school hours. No more itty bitty compromises--down with the guns.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, gobucks said:

And this will be yet another reason for them to double down and extol the virtues of homeschooling from a safety level.   Of course, the irony is the perpetual NRA support. 

• Upvote 13

16 hours ago, gobucks said:

If they said something it probably be something bigoted about the perpetrator being trans or a christian school being the target so i rather not heard from them TBH.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 10

They've gone radio silent over it.  They're probably blowing up their text message groups saying bigotted things about the shooter being Trans. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, llucie said:

Lawson made a story on insta about it and linked one of the families gofundme.

I believe it. I’m sure he never did that for any family from past school shootings. Of course he thinks the pastor’s child is more worthy than just some other public school kid. I didn’t even see his link. It’s to the pastor’s family isn’t it? 

If you can’t tell I’m rather salty over here. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

I’m not sure if these were Lawson’s words or part of the Go Fund Me post that he reposted. Anyway, they really bother me, but I can’t articulate the reasons with any authority. I don’t know enough to speak about the overlap between mental illness and evil to call this person “pure evil.” This person went in with the goal of “suicide by cop.” I obviously wish that they didn’t think they had to kill other people to accomplish that goal, while also wishing that they had a different solution than suicide. I do believe that if they didn’t have legal access to guns, this wouldn’t have happened.

15A1DE6E-A057-42B6-8F49-B795BC27C486.jpeg

• Upvote 6

No. He was linked to Emma Langdon who helped Josie prepare for the party. Not sure who that girl is. 

This is Emma 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230401-220202.thumb.png.f8c45bb943fb984b47a4794af6a222e2.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Warden gave away some heart pieces and moved on to another chicky babe? 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1

4 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

If so, he's just following in his brothers' footsteps.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Warden follows a lot of girls on Instagram, so his heart pieces may be all over. He is the interesting Bates.

But Carlin also posted this girl holding Zade, so she might be a family friend. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

Gil's BIL died: https://www.parkerwhitepruitt.com/obituaries/item/3872-craig-fleming

This part is confusing: "Surviving are his wife of the home, a sister, Lisa Howell (Russ) of Honea Path,  niece, Danielle Allen (Candace) of Williamston, father and mother-in-law, Bill and Jane Bates of Honea Path, brother-in-law Gil Bates (Kelly Jo) of Rockey Top, TN, and brother-in-law Greg Bates (Casey) of Honea Path, and 36 nieces and nephews, and 28 great-nieces and great-nephews."

His niece is listed as surviving him, but then it also lists his other nieces and nephews ans there are 13 more than the Bates family (and four extra greats). 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 2

My guess is that niece Danielle is from his side of the family, and the other nieces and nephews are from his wife's side. 

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

My guess is that niece Danielle is from his side of the family, and the other nieces and nephews are from his wife's side. 

I was thinking the same thing. It doesn’t seem as though he & his wife had children. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I was thinking the same thing. It doesn’t seem as though he & his wife had children. 

But there are only 23 nieces and nephews from his wife's side. Gil has 19 kids, Greg has 4. And only 24 great-grandchildren. 

16 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

They didn't. Jennifer was unable to have children and it seems like she had the same clotting disorder the Bates girls do, she is the one who advisee Erin to get tested.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Gil's BIL died: https://www.parkerwhitepruitt.com/obituaries/item/3872-craig-fleming

This part is confusing: "Surviving are his wife of the home, a sister, Lisa Howell (Russ) of Honea Path,  niece, Danielle Allen (Candace) of Williamston, father and mother-in-law, Bill and Jane Bates of Honea Path, brother-in-law Gil Bates (Kelly Jo) of Rockey Top, TN, and brother-in-law Greg Bates (Casey) of Honea Path, and 36 nieces and nephews, and 28 great-nieces and great-nephews."

His niece is listed as surviving him, but then it also lists his other nieces and nephews ans there are 13 more than the Bates family (and four extra greats). 

I’ve never seen or heard “wife of the home” - seems super strange 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

24 minutes ago, Keys said:

I’ve never seen or heard “wife of the home” - seems super strange 

In doing ancestry research and reading old family obituaries, "of the home" was often used in place of the city when talking about survivors (usually spouse and/or children, sometimes parents or siblings) who lived with the decedent. It was usually listed as "wife, of the home" with a comma, which I think makes it less confusing. I haven't seen it much recently, but I also don't look at a lot of recent obituaries. 

Edited by OHFL2009
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, OHFL2009 said:

In doing ancestry research and reading old family obituaries, "of the home" was often used in place of the city when talking about survivors (usually spouse and/or children, sometimes parents or siblings) who lived with the decedent. It was usually listed as "wife, of the home" with a comma, which I think makes it less confusing. I haven't seen it much recently, but I also don't look at a lot of recent obituaries. 

Oh that’s interesting! I thought it meant that she is a homemaker/stay at home wife. That makes much more sense though - thank you! 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

The families adjacent to the fundies are so much more interesting.

My theory on the 36 nieces and nephews. Craig’s sister has two married daughters. One is special to him so she and her spouse (wife?) were listed separately. The 36 other nieces and nephews included all of their spouses. 19 from Gil, 11 spouses, 4 from Gil’s brother, 1 from his sister and 1 spouse = 36.

He has four “greats” on his side and the 24 on his wife’s side. 

This info checks out from his mother’s obituary.

More interesting information from his obituary. I know the Shag was discussed somewhere on FJ recently. He seemed like a fun guy.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.364796a12f437c73db8fc7dcf977277d.jpeg

Edited by JDuggs
Adding
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

The families adjacent to the fundies are so much more interesting.

My theory on the 36 nieces and nephews. Craig’s sister has two married daughters. One is special to him so she and her spouse (wife?) were listed separately. The 36 other nieces and nephews included all of their spouses. 19 from Gil, 11 spouses, 4 from Gil’s brother, 1 from his sister and 1 spouse = 36.

He has four “greats” on his side and the 24 on his wife’s side. 

This info checks out from his mother’s obituary.

More interesting information from his obituary. I know the Shag was discussed somewhere on FJ recently. He seemed like a fun guy.

Hide contents

image.thumb.jpeg.364796a12f437c73db8fc7dcf977277d.jpeg

It’s amazing to me that these relatives didn’t have even more of an influence on the Bates kids. He didn’t just occasionally dance, he was in a dancing club! And a DJ! Plus, the shag is a pretty non-sexual 50s approved wholesome social dance. I just can’t believe Gil and Kelly got away with, Jesus doesn’t want you to dance or you might go to hell. But pay no attention to uncle Craig over there. 

• Upvote 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic