IGNORED

Trump 60: Haul Out The Popcorn, It Is Finally Indictment Week!

GreyhoundFan

I think the waiting game is getting to him.  He's not in control.  His prediction about being indicted last Tuesday was wrong and the base didn't rise to his command.  Adults are making decisions about his behavior whether he likes it (he doesn't) or not.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

True:

• Upvote 8

This is insane:

• Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 2

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This is insane:

It just isn’t funny anymore. If it ever was funny in the first place. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 9

10 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I think the waiting game is getting to him.  He's not in control.  His prediction about being indicted last Tuesday was wrong and the base didn't rise to his command.  Adults are making decisions about his behavior whether he likes it (he doesn't) or not.

I'm wondering if some of his most ardent supporters are seeing what happened to the rioters on January 6th, not only how they are getting convicted and going to prison but how Trump didn't pardon anyone before he left, although I don't think he could have done a preemptive pardon on them. Maybe with their one functioning brain cell they're thinking they don't want to go to prison and torpedo their life for Trump.

• Upvote 11

The Jan 6 mob was the just about the entirety of people willing to fight for him— and they lost. That crowd consisted of organized (white supremacist) groups like the Proud Boys, Oath Keepers and Three Percenters. Most of their leaders have been charged and sentenced, so there is nobody left to organize anyone who is left that would consider attacking for Trump again.

There is no one else who is going to physically stand up for him, except a lone idiot here and there. That part of his base that is willing to do more than vote and feel aggrieved for him, may turn up to protest. And if you look at the size of the crowd who actually turned up in Manhattan last Tuesday, the day he was supposed to be arrested, it was rather pitiful.

No, Trump is slowly finding out that for all intents and purposes he’s on his own. Big donors are leaving him. His attorneys and conies are testifying against him. It looks like Ivanka and Jared will have to.  And as soon as his MAGAt helpers in Congress realize the jig is up, they’ll start abandoning him as well. Only those with direct ties to Trump’s crimes will sputter and shout until they get away with what they’ve done or they too are charged for their part in knowingly and willingly aiding and abetting the crimes of Trump.

The thought of Trump all on his own, realizing that what he feared all along is true and that nobody really likes him, makes me smile sardonically. The thought of him actually getting his comeuppance and paying for his crimes makes me chortle with anticipation. So bring on the indictment cakes! I’m getting hungry.

• Upvote 12

12 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

The thought of him actually getting his comeuppance and paying for his crimes makes me chortle with anticipation. So bring on the indictment cakes! I’m getting hungry.

I'll believe the comeuppance when I see it, though efforts are clearly being made.  I'm wondering, and kind of hoping, that the documents case takes center stage soon since (IMO) it holds much more potential jeopardy for him than the payoff case.

He's amping up the aggressive rhetoric and his base doesn't appear to be biting.  He has nothing else that I know of that might entice them.  On Jan. 6th the mob may have believed that he had the votes to be President but that has been debunked enough that even they should get it.  If some of them were willing and able to muster up something awful again there's no guarantee he'd become the R nominee or go on to win the election but a decent chance they'd end up in prison - it has happened before.  So why bother?

• Upvote 11

He is dangerous and beyond disgusting:

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 5

He would gladly let Putin invade all of Europe:

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Mega eye roll:

• Upvote 4

This is part of an article by Will Bunch from the Philadelphia Inquirer.  I think it articulates pretty well the attraction that Donny holds for his fans.  He hates the same people that they do.  Period.

Spoiler

I’ve spent a lot of time since the 2000s listening to people on the right — on my car radio, or at Tea Party gatherings and outside Trump rallies — and their message is pretty unambiguous. Their movement isn’t defined by what they want but by whom they hate, and Donald Trump is the first politician who could articulate that rage with crude bluntness. McWhorter also said on HBO that Trump is “charismatic,” but he’s not — not in the sense of JFK or the Gipper. It’s only that he hates the right people, that he is the enemy of their enemy.

For people fearful that whites or churchgoers are becoming a minority in America, or angry that cosmopolitan elites were redefining society as a rigged meritocracy where people without diplomas could be viewed as losers, Trump’s hokey 2016 message that “I am your voice” resonated. But the perceived slights of the seven years since then — peaking in 2020 with the massive Black Lives Matter protests, the social controls needed to fight a pandemic, and Trump’s Big Lie around his election defeat — have inspired 2023′s much more dangerous message, that he is “your retribution.”

No wonder that Trump’s looming potential indictments — by two Black big-city prosecutors that Fox News regularly blames for urban crime, and by the “deep state” of the U.S. Justice Department — are making him stronger by the day. No wonder his Waco throng stood with Trump in a sick musical celebration of the jailed thugs who attacked police officers in their Capitol Hill insurrection, Beer Hall Putsch martyrs for a new millennium.

In an unreality zone called MSNBC, producers have reinvented the Trump saga as a political version of the O.J. Simpson trial — sometimes giving the whole hour to breathless coverage of the legal dramas for a shrinking audience in McWhorter’s “blue America.” Those viewers remain certain that Bragg or Jack Smith or Fani Willis will finally take down Trump despite seeing that the Access Hollywood tape and two impeachments and everything else did not.

Here’s what’s real: American democracy has been in a doom loop ever since 2015. That’s because the establishment keeps reaching into the traditional toolbox for the things — hard-hitting investigative reporting, congressional hearings, special prosecutors and even impeachment — that always took down the bad guys of yesteryear, like Richard Nixon. The tools don’t work on a movement based around hatred of journalists and prosecutors and even the FBI.

Today, we stand on the banks of the Rubicon, and I would argue that the Alvin Braggs and Fani Willises and all of us treading water in a faith in democracy and the rule of law have no choice but to cross it. Prosecuting Donald Trump for both his high crimes and his misdemeanors is necessary to keep the republic — even if the consequence is some kind of “Trump or Death” civil war. We are on the highway to the danger zone, but there’s no exit ramp.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

When you get a reputation for not paying your people, you’re stuck with not the brightest bulbs when you need them. But, as far as I’m concerned, he can keep talking!

image.thumb.png.88334eb7cf85bfe185ba18e39e339d8c.png

• Upvote 9

Totally not a cult:

• Eyeroll 9
  • WTF 2

Someone isn’t getting much sleep at Mar-a-Loco

• Upvote 4

If I were a NY grand juror, you can bet your bottom dollar I'd be there too!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

Any guesses to who this mystery witness is?

*prays to Rufus*
Please let it be Melania! :pray:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Any guesses to who this mystery witness is?

*prays to Rufus*
Please let it be Melania! :pray:

The latest info is that it's David Pecker.

• Thank You 8

21 minutes ago, Xan said:

The latest info is that it's David Pecker.

I'm sorry, but that name will never not crack me up. It is very apt, and I have the sense of humor of a middle schooler. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

18 minutes ago, AnywhereButHere said:

I'm sorry, but that name will never not crack me up. It is very apt, and I have the sense of humor of a middle schooler. 

This chyron will have you howling (just like me).

• Haha 20

Latest post on Truth Social:

666995474_Screenshot(13301).png.483016d258a24a94e54a787fab4fc1c3.png

Innocent?  In what alternative universe is Donny innocent?  He wasn't "successful".  And I doubt that any real "legal scholar" says that there's no case.  

"Innocent"?  (Excuse me.  Now I need to stomp around the apartment while I mutter and kick the trash can...)

• Upvote 11

• GreyhoundFan changed the title to Trump 60: Haul Out The Popcorn, It Is Finally Indictment Week!
  • GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic