IGNORED

John and Alyssa Webster 13: The Blessed Boy Arrived

Coconut Flan

I might be too sensitive, but sometimes I feel like they don't care at all for Michaela's feelings when it comes to this topic 

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-05-15at12_51_13am.thumb.png.19f83459625c001765841bad30817b0b.png

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

On 5/2/2023 at 12:00 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

She said it’s the only reason they want to go to his games. It’s likely the only time they ever get to a playground. 

But many of John’s games are at night. I remember the time Alyssa posted a photo saying that it was 10:30 PM and the girls were tired. They certainly aren’t playing in the park that late at night. And if the kids are playing at the park, who is watching them? Alyssa cant be watching the game and playing in the park at the same time. If playing in the park was the goal, why wouldn’t see take them during the day?

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1

8 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

But many of John’s games are at night. I remember the time Alyssa posted a photo saying that it was 10:30 PM and the girls were tired. They certainly aren’t playing in the park that late at night. And if the kids are playing at the park, who is watching them? Alyssa cant be watching the game and playing in the park at the same time. If playing in the park was the goal, why wouldn’t see take them during the day?

I do think John plays softball with some family members. I’m not positive which ones. But I think his brother might play because I think I remember Alyssa sitting with a sister in law in the past. I bet an older cousin keeps an eye on them. 

8 hours ago, Dbm said:

I might be too sensitive, but sometimes I feel like they don't care at all for Michaela's feelings when it comes to this topic 

I agree. However, Alyssa's Mother's Day post sounded mostly desperate to me. Like she was trying really hard to convince herself that she's happy with having so many kids, when she really, really isn't. I don't want to diagnose via social media, but to me, Alyssa appears to be struggling lately.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

I am sure she feels that way. She sees families have 10, 12, 20 kids in her life. She could be less overwhelmed. She would have to wake up in the morning and get everyone out the door with an insane, chaotic hour and then just have the 2 littles. She could nap while they napped. She could have the 3 oldest kids in full time school like the vast majority of other American families. It is perfectly reasonable for her to be overwhelmed with the day in, day out schooling and parenting. It just isn't "allowed" in their world. I am overwhelmed every single day with parenting 2 kids that are school aged that go to school for 7 years each day! 

Just now, gobucks said:

I am sure she feels that way. She sees families have 10, 12, 20 kids in her life. She could be less overwhelmed. She would have to wake up in the morning and get everyone out the door with an insane, chaotic hour and then just have the 2 littles. She could nap while they napped. She could have the 3 oldest kids in full time school like the vast majority of other American families. It is perfectly reasonable for her to be overwhelmed with the day in, day out schooling and parenting. It just isn't "allowed" in their world. I am overwhelmed every single day with parenting 2 kids that are school aged that go to school for 7 years each day and I surely couldn't imagine having 5 at home all day! It is sensory overload every single day!

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, gobucks said:

I am sure she feels that way. She sees families have 10, 12, 20 kids in her life. She could be less overwhelmed. She would have to wake up in the morning and get everyone out the door with an insane, chaotic hour and then just have the 2 littles. She could nap while they napped. She could have the 3 oldest kids in full time school like the vast majority of other American families. It is perfectly reasonable for her to be overwhelmed with the day in, day out schooling and parenting. It just isn't "allowed" in their world. I am overwhelmed every single day with parenting 2 kids that are school aged that go to school for 7 years each day! 

There are so many different decisions that she could make as a woman, wife and mother. But she doesn’t realize that she can make those decisions. And that is the truly sad and appalling parts. She doesn’t have to have full evening makeup and hair every.single.day. Her mother certainly didn’t and I am sure John’s mother didn’t wither as she parented and schooled 6 children. Her house doesn’t have to be spotless. The oldest kids could to school. She could hire some help. The inability to make adult decisions and put some sanity back into your family’s life is appalling.

Oh and I would have skipped a shower before I’d drag 5 kids to the festivities. And if I did take them, as soon as 1 started crying, I’d have left, immediately! Common sense, lady.

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1

On 5/15/2023 at 10:46 AM, SassyPants said:

There are so many different decisions that she could make as a woman, wife and mother. But she doesn’t realize that she can make those decisions. And that is the truly sad and appalling parts. She doesn’t have to have full evening makeup and hair every.single.day. Her mother certainly didn’t and I am sure John’s mother didn’t wither as she parented and schooled 6 children. Her house doesn’t have to be spotless. The oldest kids could to school. She could hire some help. The inability to make adult decisions and put some sanity back into your family’s life is appalling.

Oh and I would have skipped a shower before I’d drag 5 kids to the festivities. And if I did take them, as soon as 1 started crying, I’d have left, immediately! Common sense, lady.

I don't know if they have money to hire help and I don't know if Alyssa has enough control of the finances to hire help. John the headship might have to make that decision. I think putting on makeup, cleaning the house, etc. makes her happy and is a form of self-care. 

I think sending the kids to school would be good, but I'm not sure John would be favor of that. He is the one who gets to make the decisions as the headship. I think Alyssa loves John, but she would have been happier moving out and having single days as a woman. It's too bad her parents pushed her to get married at 19 and wouldn't let her move out on her own. Pushing young women into marriage is as bad forcing them to live at home as adults imo.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Alyssa and John said some time ago that their budget was tight. I doubt they can hire help. He probably doesn't earn a lot (it is his father who owns the busines, not him). And they closed their cleaning business and have a mortage, plus the health invoices (Alyssa had 2 surgeries  plus the last 2 babies were born in a hospital).Don't get me wrong, I think they live fine. But not enough for hiring a real helper. 

But even if they had the money... a helper for what? Alyssa loves to clean. Children homeschool themselves in front of a TV. Allie changes diapers. Children are trained to sleep for long hours. Alyssa does not need a helper... She and John just don't put an effort in parenting because they are not interested, not because they are too busy with the laundry... They were like that with 2 kids. 

I think they are unable to see the benefits of real school. Anyway, Senior Webster would be angry, because homeschooling has been his motto for decades. I doubt any Webster (and they are 8 children I think) would put their offspring in a school while their father is alive.  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

On 5/17/2023 at 1:07 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Alyssa and John said some time ago that their budget was tight. I doubt they can hire help. He probably doesn't earn a lot (it is his father who owns the busines, not him). 

John said on YouTube that his father has given him and his brothers each a share of the business and they are all part owners.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

7 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

John said on YouTube that his father has given him and his brothers each a share of the business and they are all part owners.

That's what I remembered. I think Dan is out entirely and that the sons own it outright.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, marmalade said:

That's what I remembered. I think Dan is out entirely and that the sons own it outright.

Say what to will about Taliban Dan. He went to Georgia Tech and graduated with a degree in engineering (IIRC) and worked in a family business. His sons either have college educations or skills which are applicable to the business. In terms of establishing a family business, this is how it is done. And of course his views on life, God, women and his voting record in the HoR are all deplorable.

Dan could give JB Duggar some pointers on how to establish successful family business, and how to prepare your offspring for working and earning a living.

Is James Duggar still on the cruise?

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

On 5/16/2023 at 10:07 PM, Melissa1977 said:

I doubt any Webster (and they are 8 children I think) would put their offspring in a school while their father is alive.  

No one has ever gone against what a parents wants? I don't know why you assume all 8 (I think it's 6)are blindly obedient. Have you done everyting your parents wanted you to?

• Upvote 1

John’s siblings don’t seem to be quiverful. Which makes sense because Dan and his wife only had 6 kids. John’s oldest brother has three grown kids. I don’t know much about those kids but I hope they are forging their own paths. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

In the latest picture of Rhett, his eyes make him look so much like Trace Bates.

• I Agree 1

18 hours ago, moreorlessnu said:

In the latest picture of Rhett, his eyes make him look so much like Trace Bates.

IMO he resembles Lexi in the latest photos she posted. 

Golden child indeed. He even influences debt limit votes.

image.png.4606ffe6855678deba8e0e1828fb9579.png

• Eyeroll 16
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

What a life Alyssa !

I don't know If I am reading too much into it, but I feel that there is some truth between those lines. 

Spoiler

354294783_815981926449257_4224429321672644298_n.jpg.955efe99e9c2973360bc5dab2f51efa8.jpg

Spoiler

351280238_212486401708647_3170741023615375635_n.jpg.f11763eccb691437c4ee6c4983450331.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 1

51 minutes ago, Dbm said:

What a life Alyssa !

I don't know If I am reading too much into it, but I feel that there is some truth between those lines. 

Hide contents

354294783_815981926449257_4224429321672644298_n.jpg.955efe99e9c2973360bc5dab2f51efa8.jpg

Hide contents

351280238_212486401708647_3170741023615375635_n.jpg.f11763eccb691437c4ee6c4983450331.jpg

I think AW has hit the tipping point. She looks so tired and as if she has no more shits to give. Most of us don’t blame her for looking rough and maybe throwing out a passive aggressive comment or post. NOW, they need to stop reproducing. They figured BC out when Alyssa was sick (heart issues), and managed to prevent pregnancy. They need to make that a permanent solution.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 10

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Aylssa’s reply about watching shiny happy people…IMG_6077.thumb.png.7a90fb19a13aaa6d25c64757b98a5b47.png

The Bates are experts at giving non-answers. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 13

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

The Bates are experts at giving non-answers. 

Not only that. But I think most of the Bateses are really good at cognitive dissonance. You gotta be when you grow up fundie with a tv show.

• Upvote 3

Alyssa more than any other Bates second Gen also HAS to play both sides. John works for his father who hasn’t resigned from the IBLP board (as far as I know) and she is an influencer with more mainstream audience. If they pick a side, their income will drop. Shame to not be able to stick to a moral compass…

• Upvote 6

I figured that Alyssa is playing both sides because she may actually have good memories of Gothard. Didn't she go on a Gothard trip to Peru with Erin back in the day? She's never denounced him, as even Erin has done. 

Currently the IBLP Website only has four men listed on their board. Tim Levendusky (president), Gil Bates, David York, and John Bechtle. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic