IGNORED

John and Alyssa Webster 13: The Blessed Boy Arrived

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, gobucks said:

Is it normal for people in that age group to wear wedding dresses for family photos? I admit I am older, but is that really the norm???? ETA It literally reminds me of Tori's wedding dress. 

No, I am in this age group and can confirm it is not the norm lol. Most family session pics I see are either casual or dressed up a bit, but certainly not formal gowns

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

I'm extra BEC, but the dresses are awful and don't match the shadows of blue. The unnatural hairdos look weird on the girls, too.  All of them look 100% better in their casual pictures wearing shorts and t-shirt and a pony tail.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Keys said:

No, I am in this age group and can confirm it is not the norm lol. Most family session pics I see are either casual or dressed up a bit, but certainly not formal gowns

Alyssa loves her some formal wear. 

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

How does Alyssa afford all those gowns for a photoshoot? You'd think her husband would put his foot down. 

Is it possible that the photographer comes with a “dress up” trunk of clothes for clients to borrow for their photo shoots? The girls’ dresses could have been old flower girl dresses that they already had.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

How does Alyssa afford all those gowns for a photoshoot? You'd think her husband would put his foot down. 

She’s sent free dresses from that one fangirl. I don’t know if those are. But dresses are pretty cheap today thanks to fast fashion.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

When I watched her gender reveal for Rhett pop up I couldn't help but laugh at how ridicule they were dressed. She's always dressing like she's meeting thew queen. and in reality its just a photoshoot. How does she have a good normal fashion style but her fancy wardrobe is this.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, gobucks said:

Is it normal for people in that age group to wear wedding dresses for family photos? I admit I am older, but is that really the norm???? ETA It literally reminds me of Tori's wedding dress. 

Well, I mean she's got access to LOADS of wedding dresses thanks to their circle of friends and family. Might as well put them to use! 🤣 Mine was a cheap off the rack lacy nightmare from Boscovs- my girls recycled it as a bride of Frankenstein halloween costume like 100 times. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

I will say that influencer culture has changed so much of what is considered normal today. 15 years ago she would have been seen as completely over the top and ridiculous. But her millions of dresses, photo shoots, and color coordinating outfits is normal in influencer culture. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

12 hours ago, marmalade said:

Alyssa loves her some formal wear. 

She would have ADORED going to school dances, and even better, being a prom or homecoming queen.

I changed the pic to black and white, and dang if the outfits still don't match

Websters.jpg

• Upvote 5

I think I am in the minority 

While I agree the photo shoot and its style is OTT 

I do like it, I think its pretty and flowy and the little girls are adorable, Lexie just melts my heart. 

Alyssa looks a bit swamped in her dresses and Zoey's dress is an edwardian revival nightmare and should be dyed black to make her Wednesday Addams. 

But overall I think it looks ok it helps that they are all attractive (on the outside people).

and there is no holy blur any more thank god those days are over 

side note no one uses that taryn anymore I wonder if there was a falling out or they dont need her anymore because of lydia?

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, gobucks said:

I thought Erin talked about Taryn in a recent video and had some pics taken. I could be wrong though. 

She did! She said she met Taryn when she needed a photographer for her first kid and she randomly found her but they have since become friends. For some reason i always thought she was a friend from church but aparently not.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I'm extra BEC, but the dresses are awful and don't match the shadows of blue. The unnatural hairdos look weird on the girls, too.  All of them look 100% better in their casual pictures wearing shorts and t-shirt and a pony tail.

I'm also eating many crackers. All I can see with that blue dress is this:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d01541ee6598c08713a840c75e552afc.png

Maci is very cute and may possibly become my new pet fundie. I like that she is not gazing lovingly at the boy child like everyone else in the first photo. She's likely going to be in the worst position of any of the siblings.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Alyssa’s caption really bothers me. I could completely understand it and agree with it if Rhett was her first but she already had four kids. Why has she been dreaming of a boy and how is it surreal? Grr. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

side note no one uses that taryn anymore I wonder if there was a falling out or they dont need her anymore because of lydia?

Taryn and Lydia both did baby photos when Cambree was born and I know Erin met up with her when she was in Tennessee for ILY Day for Finley's 1st year photo. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Expectopatronus said:

how is it surreal

Boys can pee in their own mouths, I hear.  Maybe that's it.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 2

I saw the pics and was baffled.

Why are they sitting on the ground in a field, wearing formal wear?

Why did she assault Maci’s sparse hair with a curling iron? Does she really think Maci looks better with crinkle-curly hair? Why does she think such an artificial situation creates a good pic? 

Those little girls look happier and cuter in shorts and tshirts. The elaborate dresses do nothing for them. I can’t say the ball gown Alyssa is wearing does anything for her. And how come John always gets away with casual wear? Usually he’s in jeans, this time is only slightly more formal. 

• Upvote 2

I can’t take these two anymore. What if he hates playing softball/baseball? My family was always into sports yet my kids aren’t. I’m not going to force them. But John will force Rhett. 

B0655744-C198-4EFC-BD79-0BB4E40DC496.jpeg

• Sad 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 7
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 2

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can’t take these two anymore. What if he hates playing softball/baseball? My family was always into sports yet my kids aren’t. I’m not going to force them. But John will force Rhett. 

OMG. That is so damn stupid. And all I can see is that bat potentially hitting that poor kid in the face. I hope he loathes sports and is into playing an instrument or tap dancing or something. Not that he'd get the chance. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

The difference is that in most people, I would think it is cute, with them, I assume they won't let the kid choose their own passions. 

• Upvote 3

I loved playing softball for many years in my youth. I would love for my kids to play baseball because I enjoy watching the games. But nope. They have zero interest. So I won’t force it. Because that’s what decent parents do. They don’t force their personal interests onto an unwilling child. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What? No one had a dump truck prop?

The first family picture really bothers me. John and Alyssa are looking at Rhett like he is the most miraculous thing ever and the four girls are afterthoughts. Just my opinion.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

The first family picture really bothers me. John and Alyssa are looking at Rhett like he is the most miraculous thing ever and the four girls are afterthoughts. Just my opinion.

Agreed. It would maybe be slightly understandable if there had been secondary infertility or a late-term loss or some other tragedy along those lines. But to be celebrating a boy so blatantly when there are many that would give anything to have just one or two children is disgusting. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

That baby already looks pissed that this is his life. Stop objectifying me, mom! 

Also, I just noticed that all 5 of Alyssa’s children were born between 1/26 and 4/11. That’s barely a 10 week period. Nuts!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic