IGNORED

LawTiff 9: Godfoodhouseshoppingminiature golf…repeat

nelliebelle1197

The mystery to me is why does People care at all about his music videos....I won't even watch that for snark on a slow saturday afternoon when I'm too tired to do anything but watch Evan's useless videos.

The one thing these people do is have babies and weddings. If it's not a baby or wedding announcement...I just don't understand any magazine's logic now. There's a potentially "shocking" documentary coming out. Why would you feature one of them in a positive manner the same week??

• Upvote 9

There's been better news going on in the three weeks since Lawson announced the Exclusive. 

As for the video itself, his voice has been audio tuned to hell and back. I didn't last long, just enjoy to know that it's tragic. 😂

• Haha 6

I think he would make more money as a songwriter than an artist. He isn't even the best singer in his family, let alone the entire world of people that move to Nashville to try to make it with such better work ethics! 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, gobucks said:

I think he would make more money as a songwriter than an artist. He isn't even the best singer in his family, let alone the entire world of people that move to Nashville to try to make it with such better work ethics! 

I agree. I actually like a lot of his songs lyrically. I think he is a decent songwriter and should focus on that. 

• Upvote 5

52 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I agree. I actually like a lot of his songs lyrically. I think he is a decent songwriter and should focus on that. 

I agree too. I've always thought Lawson's lyrics were the sort of sappy country romantic  and/or heartbreak stuff that most standard country songs are about. He ought to be selling those. And he ought to know it since Dolly Parton, from their approximate area, makes a lot of money selling her songs to other artists.

Lawson is not a good singer. I'm sure he'd make a fine "Aren't we glad he's in the church choir" singer but does he even have time to go to church enough to be in the choir? Always traveling around and what not.

• Upvote 9

Well, I hope People paid them enough to offset the loss of social media income for almost 2 weeks.  I wonder if Tiffany is bored yet doing nothing but adoringly promoting her pretend country singer husband? I wonder if she misses her own career.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 6/1/2023 at 4:33 AM, CanadianMamam said:

I think he has some talent as a lyricist. I wouldn't say songwriter because he seems to lack composing skills. That's hard to tell though because they all sound the same in terms of instrumental. 

On 6/1/2023 at 6:02 AM, HereticHick said:

Well, I hope People paid them enough to offset the loss of social media income for almost 2 weeks.  I wonder if Tiffany is bored yet doing nothing but adoringly promoting her pretend country singer husband? I wonder if she misses her own career.

Last I worked with People on a story, they don't pay for interviews or stories. Quite the opposite. It is more probable that Lawson paid them to do the story in a pay-for-play deal. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

I know People won't pay for a story persay but they do pay for exclusive photos. Do videos work the same way?  They had the video on their website exclusively for a few days. So I am mixed who I think paid (maybe no one for this).

Edited by CanadianMamam

10 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I think he has some talent as a lyricist. I wouldn't say songwriter because he seems to lack composing skills. That's hard to tell though because they all sound the same in terms of instrumental. 

I am a word person and lyrics are my favorite part of a song and I enjoy Lawson's lyrics. 

My husband is far more musical than I (he has performing experience) and he truly hates Lawson"s music. He dislikes Country music in general but he thinks Lawson's music is just awful. 

• Upvote 2

Has Lawson ever written lyrics solo or does he always collaborate? If he’s collaborating, my assumption would be that anything catchy or clever wasn’t written by him.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I am a word person and lyrics are my favorite part of a song and I enjoy Lawson's lyrics. 

My husband is far more musical than I (he has performing experience) and he truly hates Lawson"s music. He dislikes Country music in general but he thinks Lawson's music is just awful. 

I'm with your husband. Simple music and lyrical snot. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I know People won't pay for a story persay but they do pay for exclusive photos. Do videos work the same way?  They had the video on their website exclusively for a few days. So I am mixed who I think paid (maybe no one for this).

My guess is that Lawson paid people to do a story about the music video. That would explain why People didn't release right away, as they weren't under obligation to do so and had more timely stuff to publish. Normally those pay to play type deals are done with a 30 day or sometimes 15 day limit. The payor won't pitch the story to anyone else within 15-30 days and the magazine can publish at will during that time frame. It would explain Lawson and Tiffany's silence because they couldn't really release it themselves without ruining the boost they would normally get from it. What were their choices? In these days, music video releases aren't like it was when MTV played music and there were literal countdowns for new releases. Now it is more just another video on Youtube or Viemo. Lawson chalked it up to marketing expenses and there you go. 

People paying for exclusive photos is a bit different since that is the magazine paying to use photos first. It means a lot less these days than before the internet because word would leak of a wedding and a week later one and only one magazine would have the official photos from the event. Now it can be negotiated in a lot of different ways. US Weekly might get first-look photos meaning before the event and not as much detail. People might get the exclusive day of videos. 20/20 or E! or Entertainment Tonight might get the first interview.

It can be hard to tell the difference in "exclusives" and "pay to play exclusives." One big way that you can tell is on weddings if the vendors are mentioned. If the article reads, "the bride wearing a design by Renee" or "guests dined on food by Chef Jones," then more than likely there was a negotiation going on and People got paid to pretend they were scooping everyone else. The only way the vendors make a legit story in something like People is if the designer is a top brand or you have someone famous doing the cooking, designing, flowers, etc. 

There is an actual menu PR people can choose from with People. Them running a blind item is cheapest. You can get them to run a photo and a 300 word release for a little more. A bigger buy is to do a photo and 300 words online and in print. Then you start paying more per 100 words. So a 500 word story is more and 1,000 word story more than that. After that it isn't really a good ROI because audiences don't like to read that much. The next level is a bylined article by one of their writers using words like, "in an interview with People, Lawson Bates said..." Obviously, a cover or cover mention is even more than that. 

I've been in the business a long time now. Honestly, People has lost its credibility big time because of how easy it is to pay to play with them. They used to be the go to for a human interest stories and had legitimacy in covering them. That has been lost at this point. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 19

Tiff’s old friend Bindi Irwin post a congrats to her family friend who got married recently. The friend is gay and Bindi is a Christian. Therefore she got plenty of negative comments about her post. I feel like Tiff hasn’t seen or even posted about Bindi since she got together with Lawson. I wonder if the friendship is over now that Tiff married Lawson. Who is most definitely a homophobe like the rest of his family. 

• Upvote 8

59 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I think they’re back in Cali. Tiffany had a photo with her mom in her stories.

If Tiffany is there on property business or auditioning for a role, there is no reason for Lawson to tag along. This just illustrates how "unemployed" Lawson is in the traditional sense--he only makes $$ on music downloads & social media. He has no performing gigs (exempt at Bates Boutique shopping days); no media interviews, and he apparently isn't taking voice or instrument lessons in Nashville. He doesn't perform on anyone else's recordings, as far as I can tell. He seem to have surprisingly little interest in going to hear live music. He doesn't seem to be working much on their house renovations, if there are any left to do.

There is zero reason for them to live in Nashville, if all he does is record in a studio once or twice a year.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

There is zero reason for them to live in Nashville, if all he does is record in a studio once or twice a year.

The practical reason to live in Nashville opposed to the Knoxville area is, I’m guessing, a bigger airport with more direct flights since they seem to travel a lot.

The other reasons are more to create an illusion. Lawson wants to call himself a Nashville based country music singer because it makes him sound legit. He rarely records or performs, but it is technically true that he is a Nashville based country music singer. If they lived in California, I think Lawson would have some trouble convincing the world that he’s a country music singer.

Nashville also has a reputation as a hip place to live. Lots of Hollywood people have homes in Nashville.  So for Tiffany, living in Nashville has a level of cool that Knoxville doesn’t have. It makes sense to people in California that she’s relocating to a city like Nashville, but not Knoxville.

They don’t seem to have established any roots in Nashville: friends, church, places they love to hang out. I really thought they would have been hustling a lot more this year establishing themselves as a hip conservative power couple along the lines of Jinger and Jeremy Vuolo.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

On 6/1/2023 at 9:02 AM, HereticHick said:

I know very little about Tiffany and her career, and really don't follow them, but from a cursory glance I suspect that Tiff saw the Bates show as a career boost for herself and at the very least a platform that would send Lawson into something resembling an accurate career.

• Upvote 3

I don't know much about how Hollywood works, but I wouldn't think an actress who has been a regular on multiple TV series (even if only kids' series) and had a recurring role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe would get much of a boost from appearing in a D-list reality show on a network most people have never heard of. If she really wanted to expand her acting career, I think she'd be better off staying in southern California and using the contacts she has there. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

12 hours ago, patsymae said:

I know very little about Tiffany and her career, and really don't follow them, but from a cursory glance I suspect that Tiff saw the Bates show as a career boost for herself and at the very least a platform that would send Lawson into something resembling an accurate career.

I thought the Bates show was already canceled by the time LawTiff got engaged.

I think Tiff had a good career as a child actor but it’s not so great now that she’s an adult. I’m guessing she wanted an excuse to leave Hollywood behind. But she hasn’t gotten pregnant yet. So pregnancy, childbirth, and new baby YouTube videos will have to wait. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I thought the Bates show was already canceled by the time LawTiff got engaged.

They got engaged in October 2021, and the cancellation was announced in January 2022. So Tiffany was never on the show but their courtship and engagement were probably filmed for the season that never aired. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic