IGNORED

LawTiff 9: Godfoodhouseshoppingminiature golf…repeat

nelliebelle1197

21 hours ago, GracieLou Free Duggar said:

[…] He talks a good game, but really, he's a wish version of peter pan.

It’s early but I feel like this should be the next thread title….

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

Lawson released a video today, ostensibly about a "job." Did anyone have the stomach to watch it? 

• Thank You 2

59 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Lawson released a video today, ostensibly about a "job." Did anyone have the stomach to watch it? 

My youtube tried to autoplay it and I switched off so quickly I nearly dropped the remote. (So no, but it scared me real good to pop up as my 3rd recommendation!)

• Upvote 1

he doesn't have huge number on Spotify, yutub or probably iTunes, How's this even a career that makes enough money for him.

4 hours ago, marmalade said:

I took one for the team. It's all about a day in the studio recording mediocre songs. That is his "job", apparently.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Thank You 1

There’s a clip on Tiffany’s stories doing the voiceover- she says her husband is a country singer In Nashville and emphasises how hard he works in the recording studio. I suspect she has been reading some of the online speculation about what the hell he does all day.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

On 5/7/2023 at 9:26 AM, JDuggs said:

It always amazes me how many more Instagram followers the Duggars have than the Bates because I always consider them to be the same “thing.” Jessa has 2.5 million, the other married Duggar girls are in the 1  million range, and Jana has 750,000. The highest Bates is Erin with almost 400,000. I think the Bates hustle harder and more often because they have smaller audiences to influence. The married Duggar girls still shill on occasion. Just examples: Jessa and Jinger did Christian Health Ministries. Jessa had a Wal-Mart ad around Christmas and has advertised for some educational app. Joy and Jill have both been doing the same leg hair removal product.

The Duggars’ shows were on a more widely available tv channel. I saw at least some of the them, but if I didn’t read here, I’d be saying Bates? Who are they?

Edited by Alisamer
removed duplicates of post
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Bastet said:

The Duggars’ shows were on a more widely available tv channel. I saw at least some of the them, but if I didn’t read here, I’d be saying Bates? Who are they?  

I never watched the Bates’ show and only knew about them through the Duggars. I think I watched most of the Duggars’ shows. But now for me personally, reading about both families here and seeing them on social media, they seem the same, but the Duggars are still much more well known to the general public.

Being on TLC is key. Moriah, Micah and Olivia Plath all have more Instagram followers than any of the Bates kids, but their break from fundiedom doesn’t seem as captivating to the FJ crowd as what’s going on with the Bates kids who are still pretty much all playing by most of the fundie rules.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Idlewild said:

There’s a clip on Tiffany’s stories doing the voiceover- she says her husband is a country singer In Nashville and emphasises how hard he works in the recording studio. I suspect she has been reading some of the online speculation about what the hell he does all day.

Right Tiffany.🙄 You've been married almost a year, correct? How many total hours has he spent in the recording studio during that time? How many times has he performed live for a paying audience? How many media interviews? Job, my a**.

• Upvote 9

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Right Tiffany.🙄 You've been married almost a year, correct? How many total hours has he spent in the recording studio during that time? How many times has he performed live for a paying audience? How many media interviews? Job, my a**.

He admitted in the "episode" as they call it, that it was his first time in the recording studio in about 2 years. So no, Tiff, he doesn't work hard in a studio all day.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 5

5 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

He admitted in the "episode" as they call it, that it was his first time in the recording studio in about 2 years. So no, Tiff, he doesn't work hard in a studio all day.

Wait...in 2 years? Soooo the implication to me is that ALL the times he's been in the studio have been on tv/youtube. Because didn't wee see some nonsense with him and Evan recording him in the studio? (It does all blur together but the Evan entanglement brings it to mind)

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Just curious, but what recording studio does he use?  My former neighbor in Nashville just started a recording studio/party bus (he’s quite the entrepreneur, lol), so wonder if it’s a reputable studio, in-home, or none of the above. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Just curious, but what recording studio does he use? 

I don’t know, but I’m fairly sure Tiffany has to pay for it! 

• Upvote 6

12 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Just curious, but what recording studio does he use?  My former neighbor in Nashville just started a recording studio/party bus (he’s quite the entrepreneur, lol), so wonder if it’s a reputable studio, in-home, or none of the above. 

You can see the logo at the beginning of the video: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_River_Entertainment 

And this is the producer, Adam Wheeler: https://www.awontherow.com/bio 

He's got Andy Lefwich playing fiddle on his songs, which is a big deal: https://andyleftwich.com/about/ 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

You can see the logo at the beginning of the video: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_River_Entertainment 

And this is the producer, Adam Wheeler: https://www.awontherow.com/bio 

He's got Andy Lefwich playing fiddle on his songs, which is a big deal: https://andyleftwich.com/about/ 

Wow, that’s actually impressive.  It’s on Music Row (at least the main studio), and I walk by it on a regular basis when I’m in Nashville.  Thanks for the info.  I’m not often over here in the Bates thread, but Nashville always catches my eye.  

• Upvote 2

I'm sure every studio, whether fancy or not, has a price you can rent it by the hour or whatever to do your vanity project. Similarly, I'm pretty sure every backup musician has a price too. For all we know this was paid for as a birthday gift or something like that. Maybe he saved up for it since it's taken so long.

It also strikes me as reasonably possible that Lawson is working the fundie music grifting circuit in Nashville. There may be musicians or other industry types who are more conservative than average and are swayed to throw an hour or two of their time to a fundie grifter. Lawson may be a good networker. Doesn't make up for the complete lack of talent but sometimes the networker type person connects people who want to be connected and then the networker has favors to call in.

I can't sleep - so googling reveals:

Spoiler

How much is it to rent recording studio in Nashville?

How much does a recording studio cost to rent in Nashville? Recording studios in Nashville average $95 per hour to rent, but it's easy to spend less or more depending on what you're looking for.

What is the average cost to record a song at a studio?

Booking time in a good, acoustically sound production studio can cost anywhere from $50 to $500 dollars an hour to record a song. For most studios, that price includes the space and the services of an audio engineer. You might be able to get a break if you bring in your own sound person.Jun 23, 2022

How much does a Nashville session guitarist make?

How much does a Session Musician make in Nashville, Tennessee? As of Apr 29, 2023, the average annual pay for a Session Musician in Nashville is $41,947 a year. Just in case you need a simple salary calculator, that works out to be approximately $20.17 an hour. This is the equivalent of $806/week or $3,495/month.

I've found some different posts about Nashville musicians recording for about 150$/hr

So if Lawson spent say an afternoon, a few hours,  recording his master work  - it  might have only cost a few thousand dollars (assuming he paid average rates and wasn't getting free or discounted services from friends/associates/etc). Which is not cheap and not money I would spend....but 's not unrealistic for childless couple with income to save up for a special time or for a gift. Or for a man child who uses his sisters' boutique events to sell CDs to save up to make a new CD to sell at his sisters' boutique events. 

• Upvote 3

My daughter is in an indie/folk type band, she plays the cello. They use the money they get from playing gigs to save and pay for studio time. They also have to pay for extra musicians to make the album have a more full sound- usually it's just her and the guitarist/singer. It's not cheap, but it's not their "career" like Lawson's. They actually have other jobs- he works full time somewhere, and she is a full time student (was actually- she graduated with her masters today!), private teacher, substitute music teacher, and plays weddings, musicals, etc. Him "working hard in the studio" makes my eyes roll. 

• Upvote 10

They are doing the ‘exciting news’ teaser again, but this time tagging People magazine, so I assume it’s more than a puppy or they had fajitas for dinner. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

They are doing the ‘exciting news’ teaser again, but this time tagging People magazine, so I assume it’s more than a puppy or they had fajitas for dinner. 

Coming here to say the same thing…. IMG_5799.thumb.png.fc42892c7c4f117b00d8932a8c5c02a9.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

This time I do think it's a pregnancy announcement. Lawson has talked a lot in several of the later videos about how much he wants a kid, which would be extremely cruel even for a Bates boy if they had fertility issues. So I kind of assumed that she was already pregnant when he started talking about that. 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, xenobia said:

This time I do think it's a pregnancy announcement. Lawson has talked a lot in several of the later videos about how much he wants a kid, which would be extremely cruel even for a Bates boy if they had fertility issues. So I kind of assumed that she was already pregnant when he started talking about that. 

Me too and Tiffany has looked much happier lately. The Florida video (when they both kept talking about wanting kids) and photo shoot gave me major pregnant vibes and I figured they would wait until their first anniversary to announce.  

• Upvote 2

I am also assuming pregnancy announcement, and that it will be in People. Ugh.

• Upvote 3

What will they do with a kid? Just take pics and video all day? Ugh. Vapid.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

15 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

What will they do with a kid? Just take pics and video all day? Ugh. Vapid.

they need more Daddy Espensen money, so probably...

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic