IGNORED

LawTiff 9: Godfoodhouseshoppingminiature golf…repeat

nelliebelle1197

Part of Lawson’s problem is that when the show was on air, just being Lawson worked pretty well. He was able to cosplay at being a cop, do some lawn work, sing and he had an army of admirers and money and attention from the show. He managed to hook up with Tiffany, a properly famous person, and probably thought it would fall into place without effort, as it always has done.

He cosplayed being a singer- proper musicians put time, effort and rehearsal into their craft. Lawson wears a cowboy hat and a cheesy smile and expects to be a star. Nashville is full of great singers looking for a break, it’s also full of mediocre wannabes and all of them probably work harder than Lawson. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

Does anyone have any opinions or ideas about how sustainable being an inlfuencer is long-term? Like will influencers be a thing 5, 10 years from now? Because it seems like a lot of Duggar/Bates offspring are making that their "career." I guess facebook has been around now for what, close to 20 years? Instagram and you tube seem to be going strong too. If it ever becomes less popular, they could find their income dwindling and have to work real jobs like normal people do. 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Does anyone have any opinions or ideas about how sustainable being an inlfuencer is long-term? Like will influencers be a thing 5, 10 years from now? Because it seems like a lot of Duggar/Bates offspring are making that their "career." I guess facebook has been around now for what, close to 20 years? Instagram and you tube seem to be going strong too. If it ever becomes less popular, they could find their income dwindling and have to work real jobs like normal people do. 

I think a lot of influencers are and should be diversifying their incomes. A lot of them have newsletters, websites, books, cookbooks, webinars, Etsy shops, etc where they are also earning income. I am very curious how this "career" will evolve over time. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I think it is most sustainable if you can turn your influence into another part of the entertainment industry. I am not sure about the US but here in the Netherlands you can see some YouTubers turning to hosting tv shows or going into music or writing. There will probably be some influencers who can just move with the platforms that pop up and continue to have an income from it but it will only be a very small group since the followers will also become older and maybe not as profitable.

• Upvote 8

When was the last either of these dimwits shilled for a product in a social media post? It feels like its been weeks. I don't understand how they are supporting themselves.

• Upvote 1

I knew a blogger who made it big and it was by diversifying before blogging became outdated. She moved over into books and TV and, only later, YouTube.

The moral is to get the platform and use it as a springboard because wildly popular internet formats can outdate quickly.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

I knew a blogger who made it big and it was by diversifying before blogging became outdated. She moved over into books and TV and, only later, YouTube.

The moral is to get the platform and use it as a springboard because wildly popular internet formats can outdate quickly.

Wait blogging is outdated? I am so damn old. I feel like that's something I just discovered. 😂 You know one I just can't get into is podcasts. I get too distracted and realize I missed a huge chunk. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

Do we think Tiffani will be able to keep up a hollywood career?  Does she want to? 

I think the longer she stays away, the harder it will be to get back in. Everyone will forget about her.  I wonder if she even still has an agent.

• Upvote 4

From what I remember from an Aussie Actress who posted about the price of being an actress it was super expensive to stay in hollywood to keep paying agent fees (the one thing that Tiff has going for her is that she is a US citizen and therefore is not paying super amounts of extra tax on her earnings). You pay agent fees whether you work or not and with no work coming in that gets super expensive. for that reason alone I can see her letting her acting work go. 

for reference the actress I am talking about is the Mary from Reign. 

• Upvote 3

Tiffany told a story about her first meeting with Erin and how they showed up at 10 p.m and Lawson had been dragging her all over the palace and she had 't had dinner and Erin made her salmon and they bonded immediately and it made me sad. First be ausr she didn't run at that obvious red flag about what a crappy partner Lawson is and second, because that encounter with Erin seems to have been the first kindness she got from the Bates family.

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

13 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Tiffany told a story about her first meeting with Erin and how they showed up at 10 p.m and Lawson had been dragging her all over the palace and she had 't had dinner and Erin made her salmon and they bonded immediately and it made me sad. First be ausr she didn't run at that obvious red flag about what a crappy partner Lawson is and second, because that encounter with Erin seems to have been the first kindness she got from the Bates family.

Not to mention the imposition on Erin, who has lots of little kids and is probably exhausted at 10pm! Lawson is a douche.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

39 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Not to mention the imposition on Erin, who has lots of little kids and is probably exhausted at 10pm! Lawson is a douche.

Exactly. At that point Erin had four little kids and her brother shows up at 10 p.m (which I would already side eye) with a guest and then Erin has to feed said guest. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

I see Lawson released a song yesterday? Doesn't look like its shown up on the top 100 country songs chart yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I see Lawson released a song yesterday? Doesn't look like its shown up on the top 100 country songs chart yet.

I wouldn't hold your breath. 

• Rufus Bless 1

On 4/24/2023 at 12:42 PM, fluffernutter said:

Bates and Duggars basically see their parents doing nothing and getting paid for it (ala the tv shows). 
My hope is that the influencer market bottoms out, but since so many of them have families and are undereducated, then that's a lot of people who will be grifting.. Ewww

• Upvote 7

Bates seem to be more into the "influencer" life than the Duggars (except JinJer perhaps). I do not like any Duggars, but for some reason, I find the Bates even more gross. Maybe it is just that they are the most shallow, vapid, self-obsessed, greedy, ignorant, smug, arrogant wannabes I have ever come across. And maybe, part of that, is that they are always online advertising some shite, or, rarely (like Erin) spouting meaningless Christian cliches; at least the Duggars, by and large, stay fairly quiet.

The Bates kids are hiding their Christian nationalism behind pretty "mainstream" Christian faces as they pocket the cash, spewing vaguely Christian word salads and shilling beauty products. In one way, at least they have found a way to make money after being so severely let down by KJ and Gil, and their kids won't suffer so much for lack of material things. In another, they give a "nice" face to their despicable beliefs in a way the Duggars just can't, and not just because of Josh, they are just too awkward, and not "aspirational" enough (yuck); they are not just voting for their fringe extremists beliefs, but advertising them globally and bringing them even more into the mainstream. It's disgusting.

Sorry, the Bates have been really pissing me off lately. I need to stop looking at them on Reddit. The Duggars, Rods, Andersons etc have no humpers there, but the Bates are full of them. And it is all basically because they are "pretty". And every time someone posts a sermon from Gil, the comments are full of "well, KJ/Carlin/Josie/Katie etc don't agree, they are just keeping sweet". "Oh, Josie is wearing a skin tight dress to church, she doesn't think like them", "Carlin is so accepting", "Chad is soooo dreamy". Yeah, they are good looking - they are also racist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, misogynistic, forced-birth theofascists. Urgh. Time for a Batesbreak.

• Upvote 27
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Zebedee said:

Bates seem to be more into the "influencer" life than the Duggars (except JinJer perhaps). I do not like any Duggars, but for some reason, I find the Bates even more gross. Maybe it is just that they are the most shallow, vapid, self-obsessed, greedy, ignorant, smug, arrogant wannabes I have ever come across. And maybe, part of that, is that they are always online advertising some shite, or, rarely (like Erin) spouting meaningless Christian cliches; at least the Duggars, by and large, stay fairly quiet.

The Bates kids are hiding their Christian nationalism behind pretty "mainstream" Christian faces as they pocket the cash, spewing vaguely Christian word salads and shilling beauty products. In one way, at least they have found a way to make money after being so severely let down by KJ and Gil, and their kids won't suffer so much for lack of material things. In another, they give a "nice" face to their despicable beliefs in a way the Duggars just can't, and not just because of Josh, they are just too awkward, and not "aspirational" enough (yuck); they are not just voting for their fringe extremists beliefs, but advertising them globally and bringing them even more into the mainstream. It's disgusting.

Sorry, the Bates have been really pissing me off lately. I need to stop looking at them on Reddit. The Duggars, Rods, Andersons etc have no humpers there, but the Bates are full of them. And it is all basically because they are "pretty". And every time someone posts a sermon from Gil, the comments are full of "well, KJ/Carlin/Josie/Katie etc don't agree, they are just keeping sweet". "Oh, Josie is wearing a skin tight dress to church, she doesn't think like them", "Carlin is so accepting", "Chad is soooo dreamy". Yeah, they are good looking - they are also racist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, misogynistic, forced-birth theofascists. Urgh. Time for a Batesbreak.

Remember, the Duggars even said they were 'more country' than the Duggars. I think Gil saw those optics and then by the time their own tv came around, he spun it. They are better packaged because they probably weren't hiding a predator. But they are still in an abusive, misogynistic cult and haven't been properly educated. Most lack the discipline to really make thing out of their lives. 
Josie has, but she's stepped a bit away from the normal fundie audience. The bates boutique--they are a little more secular, just look at their open houses and see how much they love the attention. 
As much as I find Lawson insufferable, he was parentalized early when he had to pay for groceries, and that did something to his ego. He lacks the skill to move further. He talks a good game, but really, he's a wish version of peter pan.

• Upvote 2

I expect the influencer thing to dry up as they all start to turn 30. It's a young people game, especially the pretty pretty lifestyle content that has no other function (vs say actually creating informative content, making art and using YouTube to document etc).

Maybe they can pivot to more straight up xtian mommy blog/vlog but the mommy vlog world is very saturated. 

Lawson's probably at his height due to getting married recently. Im not sure if you're a lonely fangirl that Tiffany's baby would have the same pull as the girl's kids. (Im assuming that he's as "popular" as he is due to having been conventionally attractive and single for awhile so that the teens and early 20s single xtian girls could sorta have a pin up boy)

9 hours ago, Zebedee said:

I agree. I’ve said it many times on Erin’s thread. She squashed a ridiculous amount of children in a tiny room just like Jill Rod squishes a ridiculous amount of children in two bedrooms. Yet people give Erin a pass because she does it with a more modern and pleasing look. Erin and Jill probably hold extremely similar beliefs. Hell, I’ve never seen Erin in pants just like Jill. And just like Jill, Erin decorates her children’s room the way she wants. Who cares what the kids think. They are very similar but Erin gets so much less hate. 

• Upvote 8

To be fair, the Duggars were much more prominent on social media before Josh went to prison. The Bateses just haven't had a scandal of that magnitude to make them all reconsider their life choices...yet.

• Upvote 7

10 hours ago, Zebedee said:

It always amazes me how many more Instagram followers the Duggars have than the Bates because I always consider them to be the same “thing.” Jessa has 2.5 million, the other married Duggar girls are in the 1  million range, and Jana has 750,000. The highest Bates is Erin with almost 400,000. I think the Bates hustle harder and more often because they have smaller audiences to influence. The married Duggar girls still shill on occasion. Just examples: Jessa and Jinger did Christian Health Ministries. Jessa had a Wal-Mart ad around Christmas and has advertised for some educational app. Joy and Jill have both been doing the same leg hair removal product.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, EmiSue said:

To be fair, the Duggars were much more prominent on social media before Josh went to prison. The Bateses just haven't had a scandal of that magnitude to make them all reconsider their life choices...yet.

Exactly. I do get very very tired of fundies and just people who sell their lives on social media suddenly shut up when something “unseemly” happens. I personally think they shouldn’t sell their childrens lives on the first place. But I find it hypocritical to sell their lives happily when things are going ok. And then go radio silent when someone gets a divorce, DUI, abuse charge, cheating scandal, etc. It just seems to me that if you are going to overshare some extremely personal things of yourself and your kids for money, why are you suddenly radio silent when you get a divorce? No one owes me or the public anything. But when you get into the business of selling your life, doesn’t that include the good and the bad? Shoshanna Easling is a perfect example of this. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

20 hours ago, GracieLou Free Duggar said:

he's a wish version of peter pan.

what a perfect description 

love it 

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic