IGNORED

March Madness 2023

47of74

Well if anyone needs a good laugh I filled out my bracket this morning.

2023Bracket.jpg.55f4fb3407579b809e6f46955c4e76ec.jpg

This is what I would like to see happen but I doubt that would be realistic.  But I hope Iowa makes it out past the first round at the least. 

• Upvote 1

Fuck. 

1716346E-7F73-4E4C-B56D-F66E21F7F451.thumb.jpeg.c68d4cf84ba627612d57ce6a55290eeb.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I’m still shaking my head over the Arizona loss to Princeton.  March madness!  🙃

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

I’m still shaking my head over the Arizona loss to Princeton.  March madness!  🙃

Yeah my bracket is pretty much shot to hell now.  Illinois and Virginia both lost and I had Arizona surviving a bit longer. 

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1

10 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

On the other hand, a whole bunch of Mazzu fans in my neck of the woods, are all happy about this one, because they were afraid they were going to lose to Arizona after making it through the first round.

On the other hand, a whole bunch of Mazzu fans in my neck of the woods, are all happy about this one, because they were afraid they were going to lose to Arizona after making it through the first round.

However me personally, Rockchalk!

and dang, Fulton!  

• Upvote 2

Finally, one of my picks made it out of the first round.

Marquette.thumb.png.e67a77b4f006fc90342f66c63b8933d6.png

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1

And at least the Iowa women made it out of the first round...

Caitlin Clark had 26 points and 12 assists and Monika Czinano added 22 points as Iowa defeated Southeastern Louisiana 95-43 in a women’s NCAA Tournament first-round game on Friday.

Hannah Stuelke added 13 points for the Hawkeyes, the second seed in Seattle Regional 4. Iowa (27-6) will play No. 10 seed Georgia in the second round on Sunday.

Clark, an Associated Press first-team All-American who was third in the nation in scoring at 27 points per game, added seven assists. She was 9 of 14 from the field.

Czinano, third in the nation in field-goal percentage after leading the nation in that category the last two seasons, was 10 of 12 from the field. She added eight rebounds.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

And at least the Iowa women made it out of the first round...

I’ve been reading about Caitlin Clark - very impressive stats.  Here is a link to a Washington Post article (hopefully you can access it via gift) that talks about some of the top players:  Top women basketball players

My husband had a bet on Marquette to win by over 11 points, so we were glad to see they pulled through. 

I didn’t do picks, Haven’t in years.  

but, Purdue, everyone has questions.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, clueliss said:

I didn’t do picks, Haven’t in years.  

but, Purdue, everyone has questions.  

Given who I pick to go all the way to the championship every year I think it's obvious I'd don't take it overly seriously.  Yeah, it would be nice if Iowa somehow did win the championship but I'm realistic too.  I will say the games make for nice background noise working from home having the games on the idiot box (or is it panel these days)?

• Upvote 2

And surprising, well, very few here, Mizzou fell to Princeton.  They had hopes, but Mizzou has a whole March Madness history.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

At least the Iowa women are having a good go this year  

Given all the grueling minutes Iowa women’s basketball endured to reach this pinnacle point, the Hawkeyes still hadn’t put its most potent product on an NCAA Tournament floor. Sunday night in Seattle offered the perfect setting for a riveting showing.

For all that was on the line inside Climate Pledge Arena, the Hawkeyes were hardly overwhelmed by the moment. Instead, they owned it.

Buoyed by another unbelievable performance from program pillar Caitlin Clark, No. 2 seed Iowa is off to its first Final Four since 1993 with Sunday’s 97-83 Elite Eight win over No. 5 Louisville. The vision this homegrown product came to Iowa City to deliver has been manifested — and Clark made sure to leave no doubt.

She finished with a staggering 41 points, 12 assists and 10 rebounds in the biggest game of her life, constantly providing stability anytime Louisville made even the slightest push. It's the most points anyone has ever scored in an NCAA Tournament triple-double. After tense March Madness victories over No. 10 Georgia and No. 6 seed Colorado to reach this point, Iowa spent Sunday’s fourth quarter soaking up this program-altering accomplishment.

• Upvote 1

FUCK. 

4C4D5BD1-7658-467C-82C0-3206181DDE65.thumb.jpeg.d923beaa9286d7727db6e91180cf058f.jpeg