IGNORED

Jackson and Emerson: Here We Go Yet Again

Coconut Flan

51 minutes ago, Dbm said:

Jackson didn't waste a second ... 

Hide contents

1914150652_Screenshot2023-03-19at9_38_30pm.png.831448c3247eeb56d89d53dcab304356.png

They already posted about seasons.
I don't like them even more!

• Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

30 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

They will be married by end of June.

Baby by April 2024....for the next season of life!

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I am guessing May since they are getting married in Florida and Bates' tend to do outdoor weddings. My guess is May 26 or June 2nd. 

Tori, Erin and Zach all had engagements of 3 months or less. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 5

On 3/18/2023 at 10:12 PM, CanadianMamam said:

So last week, I was joking  about potential 'son' names for Jackson and Emerson and came up with Crimson as a joke. 

Today at my daughter's skating show there was a little girl named Crimson. So I am now guessing that there will one day be a Crimson Bates. 

The Sonny B's (like Sunny D, but not) as their ship name. 

Violet is back in fashion now. It’s a lovely name. Triplet girls named violet, Crimson and Lilac. I can see that happening somewhere soon!  

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Violet is back in fashion now. It’s a lovely name. Triplet girls named violet, Crimson and Lilac. I can see that happening somewhere soon!  

I like Violet and Scarlett was on my top 10 list of girl's names. 

• Upvote 1

I find it fascinating how certain colours are standard, normal names but people would look askance if someone named their kid Aqua, or Beige. I really like some flower names ie)Violet, Lily, Rose and am neutral on Jasmine but never considered naming my kid Larkspur, or Begonia. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

I find it fascinating how certain colours are standard, normal names but people would look askance if someone named their kid Aqua, or Beige. I really like some flower names ie)Violet, Lily, Rose and am neutral on Jasmine but never considered naming my kid Larkspur, or Begonia. 

One of the Bates girls needs to name a baby Beige.

• Haha 20

2 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

Yes! Rose and Lily are common names, Iris is a little old-fashioned, Daffodil would definitely be considered quirky and no one uses Tulip or Begonia. 

On 3/19/2023 at 8:12 AM, CanadianMamam said:

So last week, I was joking  about potential 'son' names for Jackson and Emerson and came up with Crimson as a joke. 

Today at my daughter's skating show there was a little girl named Crimson. So I am now guessing that there will one day be a Crimson Bates. 

The Sonny B's (like Sunny D, but not) as their ship name. 

I know it’s a colour but here we call criminals “crims” so all I can think is that her father is a jailbird 

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

4 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I am guessing May since they are getting married in Florida and Bates' tend to do outdoor weddings. My guess is May 26 or June 2nd. 

Tori, Erin and Zach all had engagements of 3 months or less. 

I completely agree. She's in college (in FL? maybe?) so I bet once she finishes her semester there'll be a few weeks of hectic last minute planning and then the big wedding.

I suppose Jackson's been in AR working for Jason Duggar so the newlyweds could end up living there? Or, maybe Jackson will feel like he has enough work experience now to set up his own business. I wonder what Emerson's studying...

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 3

On 3/19/2023 at 3:32 AM, Italiangirl said:

So now the Jackson account is  a joined one, giess this means the wedding is really soon, i think around May/June maybe end of May

She looks like she could be Esther's sister. Is it just me?

EDIT- sorry, just saw the discussion 2 pages ago. FJ got there first!!!

Edited by Shouldabeenacowboy

11 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I completely agree. She's in college (in FL? maybe?) so I bet once she finishes her semester there'll be a few weeks of hectic last minute planning and then the big wedding.

I suppose Jackson's been in AR working for Jason Duggar so the newlyweds could end up living there? Or, maybe Jackson will feel like he has enough work experience now to set up his own business. I wonder what Emerson's studying...

Is she in college for sure? Then maybe he will move to Florida so she can graduate? She must have at least 2 years left to finish. He could work for Chad in Florida or on his own. 

• Upvote 1

Is she going to college online? Or is she going to an actual brick and mortar college? I hope she doesn’t drop out after marriage. 

I gather some people think she is the Emerson Wells listed in this article about the track & field team of a public high school in Clermont, Florida: https://1knightnation.com/2018/08/09/east-ridge-high-school-girls-cross-country-season-preview/ 

And some folks think she is attending a public college, Lake-Sumter: https://www.lssc.edu/, although I can't find evidence of that.

Both schools are near Orlando.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Petty sure it is her in this photo but it is blurry. 

https://1knightnation.com/recap/girls-varsity-cross-country-finishes-2nd-place-at-fhsaa-class-4a-district-3-championships/

The age lines up, we know she ran cross country and the school is in Clermont, where Emerson is from and where Alyssa lives. 

So yes, she went to public school. Although one that has a Christian Athletes association. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 5

18 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Surely Violet and Lilac’s sister would be Lavender?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1

17 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Surely Violet and Lilac’s sister would be Lavender?

It’s like one of those quizzes where words are grouped together but some match more than one group! Quad girls!!! 

Just now, Gobsmacked said:

It’s like one of those quizzes where words are grouped together but some match more than one group! Quad girls!!! 

Quoting myself. 
Crimson, Scarlett and Magenta?!!

• Upvote 1

@HereticHick @CanadianMamam I think you guys are right about her HS, impressive haha. I think the Lake-Sumter state college idea could come from her being friends with Alyssa's friend Kinley who's in nursing school there. 

She said in a Q&A on their (now joined)  insta that she's in college and working "at a local coffee shop" (so @JermajestyDuggar maybe she does in-person college and works locally near her school, or online college and "local" means near her parents? lol). If she's a sophomore in college now, which would fit given she's 19-almost-20 and if those HS articles are correct about her year, maybe she's doing an associates degree or certificate that would finish after this semester. though if it's a 4-year program I of course hope she completes it after marriage. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

@HereticHick @CanadianMamam I think you guys are right about her HS, impressive haha. I think the Lake-Sumter state college idea could come from her being friends with Alyssa's friend Kinley who's in nursing school there. 

She said in a Q&A on their (now joined)  insta that she's in college and working "at a local coffee shop" (so @JermajestyDuggar maybe she does in-person college and works locally near her school, or online college and "local" means near her parents? lol). If she's a sophomore in college now, which would fit given she's 19-almost-20 and if those HS articles are correct about her year, maybe she's doing an associates degree or certificate that would finish after this semester. though if it's a 4-year program I of course hope she completes it after marriage. 

Lake-Sumter is primarily a 2-year college. From the Wiki:

"Lake–Sumter State Colleges offers Associate of Arts degrees, Associate of Applied Science degrees, Associate of Science degrees, vocational and technical certificates, and a Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Organizational Management."

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

In Florida, State Colleges are similar to what we called community colleges when I lived up north. Mostly associate degrees and technical certificates. So it's likely she's in a two year program. 

• Upvote 3

On 3/12/2023 at 6:15 AM, CanadianMamam said:

So Emerson's mom's work bio says "mom to 6" but I can only find evidence of 4 kids. They did family photos and there were only 4 kids there, 2 boys and 2 girls and that adds up with most of her sister's posts. 

I kind of wonder if her mom is including her two children in-laws? Which would be weird, I know. Or she lost two pregnancies? Because there is definitely not another living sister, maybe two more brothers? 

Sometimes conservative Christian women include babies from miscarriage/stillbirth in these numbers. I know of a woman who says mom to six, but four were bio and two were adopted children then - I don't know what the word for it is - given back? Rehomed? The quiet underbelly of international adoption ... There's a whole different metric for complicated family dynamics in conservative Christianity.

ETA: Just reading further and see that Emerson's family adopted from Ukraine. My bet is adopted-then-became-too-much or estranged. A lot of zealous evangelical families got on the international adoption train with zero concept of severe attachment issues and then were left with very complicated and in some cases even dangerous for all the children involved situations that they couldn't sustain.

I will say that any family recognizing their limits and seeking better for the children is lightyears ahead of the Pearl advocates who attempted to beat children with attachment problems.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, neuroticcat said:

Sometimes conservative Christian women include babies from miscarriage/stillbirth in these numbers. I know of a woman who says mom to six, but four were bio and two were adopted children then - I don't know what the word for it is - given back? Rehomed? The quiet underbelly of international adoption ... There's a whole different metric for complicated family dynamics in conservative Christianity.

ETA: Just reading further and see that Emerson's family adopted from Ukraine. My bet is adopted-then-became-too-much or estranged. A lot of zealous evangelical families got on the international adoption train with zero concept of severe attachment issues and then were left with very complicated and in some cases even dangerous for all the children involved situations that they couldn't sustain.

I will say that any family recognizing their limits and seeking better for the children is lightyears ahead of the Pearl advocates who attempted to beat children with attachment problems.

It does seem like a complicated situation, one of them travelled back to Ukraine to meet with her biological family. I will not judge the Wells because we dont really know the reason for them to be missing from the family pictures and celebrations. For what i could gather it was not a rehoming situation, Kenzie had pictures of the younger one graduating high school on her insta so it seems they stayed with the family until adulthood.

• Upvote 3

Interesting about the -son names. I didn’t realise, but Madison means “Matthew’s son”. I just think of it as more of a girl’s name than a boy’s one. It’s much more popular in the US than here in the UK.

• Upvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1