IGNORED

Lori Alexander 82: The only dissenting voice allowed is her own

3 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori put up 3 FB posts in the last 7 hours and replied often in each of the post's comments.

Yet again another shining example of Lori's "Do as I say, not as I do" hypocrisy.

Lori spends her days telling women to be keepers at home, cook, clean, get off social media, focus only on the Lord.  

That's what Lori says.

What Lori does is spend her days on social media (FB, blog, insta, Twitter). 

I don't see keeper at home from her., but I do see her gabbing all day, every day all over social media. 

Lori, no one made you supreme ruler queen of the world so stop acting like you are.

God did not descend and tell you to your face to judge, demean, and boss around other women, so stop acting like they did.

Lori -- STFU and get off the interwebz.

Surely she reads here. Today’s Twitter:

4D06F690-693B-4672-BF11-EA0F05B1ACD5.png

• Eyeroll 4

2 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

Surely she reads here. Today’s Twitter:

4D06F690-693B-4672-BF11-EA0F05B1ACD5.png

I don't doubt that she has a morning routine that involves a few steps of some kind of easy overnight breadmaking process. Other than that, popping a chicken from the fridge into the oven, chopping some veggies, and wiping the counters, dropping a load of laundry is maybe 20 minutes of work. It's nothing to brag about -- lots of people manage to do some meal prep steps and start the laundry before a full day's work. But it's probably a lot for Lori!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

I do that shit in the first 30 minutes after I get home from work, and feed the cats. Well, tonight's dinner was left overs. Roasting a chicken takes MAYBE 20 minutes of actual "work"...the oven does the rest. Salad? Shit, 5 minutes including clean up. Not sure about sourdough bread, never made it, but I can't imagine it takes much time. Laundry, 10 minutes, not including folding/put away. Kitchen clean up? That's maybe 10 minutes including a floor sweep. So Lori did maybe an hour's worth of "work". Big fucking deal. I do that shit almost every evening when I come home from work (roughly 10 hours from the time I leave the house until I get home). This weekend I need to do something about my bedroom now that I have my new bed. 

Lori, you ain't special...I do that shit even with a full time job and NO husband. This weekend I gotta take my car thru the car wash and maybe even take it to be detailed. Going to a function up in the Springs on Sunday night, can't wait! 

Nothing about the Lockheed opportunities yet. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, feministxtian said:

... Roasting a chicken takes MAYBE 20 minutes of actual "work"...the oven does the rest. ...

What do you do to the chicken that takes 20 minutes? I pretty much just remove the packaging, put it on an oven pan/rack and sprinkle it with some seasonings. That's like, 2 minutes. You must make really good chicken!

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Pammy said:

What do you do to the chicken that takes 20 minutes? I pretty much just remove the packaging, put it on an oven pan/rack and sprinkle it with some seasonings. That's like, 2 minutes. You must make really good chicken!

Take the packaging off, lovingly rub it with spices, put it in the oven, check on it a time or three, then pull it out and take it apart. 

• Upvote 3

Well now hold on. Lori also Makes Broth! out of that roasted chicken.  I mean that’s gotta take hours and hours don’t ya think? 🙄

I’m as lazy as they come about housekeeping and I agree with @feministxtian, that whole schedule maybe would take me an hour.  

Is she trying to say she’s watching all five of those grandkids?  I can’t picture it.

• Upvote 4

@kpmom Yeah, especially figuring you can do other things while the chicken is cooking. I mean, I can throw something in the microwave and in 3 minutes unload the dishwasher, wipe a counter, and maybe even fix a drink (I use those Wyler drink mixes). 5 minutes in the microwave means unload/reload dishwasher, set plate out, turn dishwasher on (if its full enough). In an hour I can pretty much clean my entire apartment (and it's not that small either). 

Making broth is just SO labor intensive (/s). Dump bird in water, add chopped veggies, let it simmer all by itself. I mean, it's just SOOOOO hard to do! The other night I made some stir fry rice and chicken...out of the 30 minutes of cooking, I think my active participation was a whopping 5 minutes (maybe). 

Lori does NOT impress me at all with her bullshit about "homemaking". I can do the same shit even with being gone about 10 hours a day 5 days a week. I did that shit even with kids. I'll admit I don't actually cook much these days...making a mess to cook just for myself doesn't do a whole lot for me. And, I WISH I could spend my salary on expensive shit like designer clothes and bags...it's more like paying rent, car payment, groceries, cat food and occasional fun. 

• Upvote 9

Piggybacking on my last post. I fixed myself some lunch...microwave 4 minutes. In that 4 minutes, I rinsed off the couple of dishes in the sink, put them in the dishwasher and turned it on, wiped down the stove, fixed something to drink, threw some trash away and put a couple of things on the counter away. That was 4 minutes. 

So...I am not impressed by what Lazy Lori claimed to do. 

• Upvote 4

I agree. I'm also NOT impressed with Lori's hours /s/ of housekeeping. More like 30-45 min tops. I suspect Ken still makes his own food.

Lazy Lori never mentions vacuuming/dusting/sweeping/mopping/bed making/sheet changing/bathroom scrubbing. I'm convinced she still has a housekeeper or at the very least someone who does all of the actual housekeeping.

Lazy Lori spends her days as a very very mean girl all over social media haranguing, bullying, and shaming women. She is not and never has been a "keeper at home".

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

21 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

She is not and never has been a "keeper at home".

She just keeps her skinny ass at home. As far as housekeeping...I doubt she does much of anything. Then again, it takes me 2 minutes to make my bed, vacuuming, dusting and all that shit get done when I think about it. I honestly don't think I spend more than maybe 3 hours a week doing that shit (done in 10-15 minute increments). 

• Upvote 6

19 hours ago, kpmom said:

Is she trying to say she’s watching all five of those grandkids?  I can’t picture it.

She may 'watch' them, from the comfort of her chair, but I'd bet someone else--Ken, probably, or the housekeeper (who I would bet is there at least once, if not twice a week)-- does most of the hands' on stuff that needs to be done while the kids are there. Especially now that her eyesight is deteriorating. 

• I Agree 3

40 minutes ago, Loveday said:

her eyesight is deteriorating. 

I only read her on FB and sometimes one of her blogs. When did she announce this?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I only read her on FB and sometimes one of her blogs. When did she announce this?

I believe it may have been either on her Instagram or in her private chatroom. I'm not in the chatroom myself, but someone on FB that I know is, and that may be where I read about it if I didn't see it on Insta. I do remember wondering if maybe she's getting cataracts, unless it's that old tumor she's battled for years causing vision problems. I recall her mentioning once that that is something the tumor can do. If it's cataracts (I'm getting them, too, and have noticed some changes in my vision; eye doc wants me to wait til they're more pronounced though, before surgery is set up), I wonder how long it will take her to leap into the chair and have them removed. You know--doctors being evil and all that. 🥴

• Upvote 2

On 4/13/2023 at 8:48 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I don't believe a word of that tweet

I believe the resting part. She is always talking about "resting"  she rests more than any woman I know. 

On 4/15/2023 at 2:52 PM, kpmom said:

She's ALWAYS watching her grandkids (Cassie's 5) because Cassie WORKS (even if it is from home she OFFICE MANAGER for her husband's practice. That is NOT a job that can be done with five littles underfoot (and one in the oven..she is pregnant with #6). And when she shows pics of her grandchildren over, it's mostly Cassie's gang.  She has those kinds several times a week at a minimum. Her babysitting is more like sitting in a lawn chair in the garage while they play around her. Or she watches them color or she reads a book. It's all very sedentary. Ken kinda let it slip in that podcast he did a month or so ago (that she babysits A lOT.).

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 6

Well, well, well...for all her rants about kids going to "school" and how evil it is, it seems that Alyssa's son goes to some kind of preschool.  She was doing a public video yesterday about "clean makeup" products  and she heard her husband and son come in and she greeted him with "how was school" and he had some art project in hand.  Good for them!  I'm glad they don't feel pressured by Lori. Whether its a Christian run preschool, YMCA or some other type of private or public program, it probably is good for her son (who I think is 3 or so) to play with other kids in a structured environment for a few hours, etc. I had wondered about this actually because in her videos (I follow Alyssa online.. she has adapted her home business to focus on fertility wellness) she often shows herself out running/at the beach and it seemed like she only had her daughter with her most times. Now it makes sense...her son was probably "at school" so she only had one child to deal with. 

So now we know not only do most of her daughters/DIL work (home businesses, office manager), but some actually send their kids to some kind of school.   I think a while ago DIL Emily mentioned (before she went private)  about sending her children to some YMCA preschool, etc. 

Seems like even Lori's family doesn't follow her teaching that much. Interesting.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

16 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Well, well, well...for all her rants about kids going to "school" and how evil it is, it seems that Alyssa's son goes to some kind of preschool.  She was doing a public video yesterday about "clean makeup" products  and she heard her husband and son come in and she greeted him with "how was school" and he had some art project in hand.  Good for them!  I'm glad they don't feel pressured by Lori. Whether its a Christian run preschool, YMCA or some other type of private or public program, it probably is good for her son (who I think is 3 or so) to play with other kids in a structured environment for a few hours, etc. I had wondered about this actually because in her videos (I follow Alyssa online.. she has adapted her home business to focus on fertility wellness) she often shows herself out running/at the beach and it seemed like she only had her daughter with her most times. Now it makes sense...her son was probably "at school" so she only had one child to deal with. 

So now we know not only do most of her daughters/DIL work (home businesses, office manager), but some actually send their kids to some kind of school.   I think a while ago DIL Emily mentioned (before she went private)  about sending her children to some YMCA preschool, etc. 

Seems like even Lori's family doesn't follow her teaching that much. Interesting.  

Makes sense, Lori is the Queen of "Do as I say, not as I do". 

Caught up on her Facebook and blog drivel last night. Informed my husband that if I quit working, I'd have to time to shop for groceries and make food at home. After a moment of confusion, he said, "okay, that's good to know". 

Since I do all of that now. Last night, after a day of work, I made spaghetti using sauce that I made last fall from the tomatoes I raised in my garden. In spite of having a job. Imagine that. 

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Love 5

Lori would drop dead seeing everything most of us are able to accomplish here despite having jobs, spouses, and kids. I mean, I had a husband, a kid, a fulltime job, and a parttime job—and was active in my church, the YWCA board, and my daughter’s school activities. I cooked from scratch, gardened, and sewed clothing and curtains. And I was “joyfully available,” not because it was my “wifely duty,” but because I was generally down for it and had a helpful level of sex drive.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 6

On 4/15/2023 at 5:47 AM, feministxtian said:

Not sure about sourdough bread, never made it, but I can't imagine it takes much time. 

When I have my sourdough starter ready (I always have it ready) maybe 10 minutes max. I weigh the ingredients, kneading does the machine, I prep the next sourdough starter with  little bit from the old one. I let that dough rise for about 12-24 hours. Then I add more flour and let the dough rise again in its form for 12-24 hours.  Then I BAKE the bread. So it takes me literally about 2 days to bake the bread, but the actual work for me might be 10 minutes max. 

• Upvote 4

Ok, I timed myself today. Put something in the microwave for dinner, set for 4 minutes. In that 4 minutes, I unloaded the dishwasher, picked up the shmutz that accumulates on my counters (drink wrappers, etc), fed the cats, got the rest of my dinner stuff out and prepared. 4 minutes. One more minute and I could have probably swept the floor too. 

Now I'm going to chill before my online class this evening, then try to get caught up on homework. 

Oh....does anyone know anything about Los Alamos NM? I got approached by a recruiter for the Los Alamos Nat'l Lab. 

• Upvote 4

On 4/19/2023 at 7:11 PM, feministxtian said:

Ok, I timed myself today. Put something in the microwave for dinner, set for 4 minutes. In that 4 minutes, I unloaded the dishwasher, picked up the shmutz that accumulates on my counters (drink wrappers, etc), fed the cats, got the rest of my dinner stuff out and prepared. 4 minutes. One more minute and I could have probably swept the floor too. 

Now I'm going to chill before my online class this evening, then try to get caught up on homework. 

Oh....does anyone know anything about Los Alamos NM? I got approached by a recruiter for the Los Alamos Nat'l Lab. 

I put some chicken breasts  in the oven when I got home yesterday. That took about five minutes to cut and season them. Then I washed some pots and pans and loaded some other stuff in the dishwasher and started it--that was maybe 15 minutes. After that, I relaxed while the chicken baked. An hour later,  I spent another ten minutes making instant potatoes and steaming some veggies. I suppose if I didn't work, I would have made mashed potatoes from scratch so that's my sin for the day. Even if I had, it only would have taken 20 minutes or so. I'm not sure why Lori thinks all this stuff takes hours and hours. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

15 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

. I'm not sure why Lori thinks all this stuff takes hours and hours. 

You probably don't stop every 90 seconds to post something hateful on one of your thousand and one social media sites. That could slow anyone down! 🥴

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

Today's FB post tells grandmothers to spend all their time helping their children and grandchildren.  Do not, I repeat, DO NOT take vacations.  God commands you to be a grandma and help you children/ grandchildren.

I have NO desire to invest my life into a career or vacations in my older age. I love investing my life into my precious grandchildren whom I love deeply and they love me!

(Bolding mine)

I assume this means Lazy Lori will cease and desist her several months every summer vacay in Door County.

Being a BEC here -- I'm not sure that Lori deeply loves her grandchildren (or loves them shallowly) and I'm seriously not sure they love her.

What's to love? She's a sour, bitter, mean person.  Children know these things even if we think they don't. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

I saw that, and I devoured the comments hoping that just ONE person would point out the hypocrisy re Door County, but so far no one has, dammit. And I KNOW some of those regular humpers know about her yearly extended vacations. :my_dodgy:

• Upvote 4

On 4/21/2023 at 2:34 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

God commands you to be a grandma and help you children/ grandchildren.

she's trying to justify babysitting while her daughter WORKS...but won't admit it. 

Did anyone she her blog post about the family that decided 12 things they wouldn't do as a family? Lori was touting it as a good list, but of course listed what they did differently (contrary to the list including allowing the boys to play organized sports which "they Loved".)  So once again, recommending or advocating one thing, but doing another. 

Her hypocrisy stinks. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic