IGNORED

YouTube Channels You’ve Recently Discovered

smittykins

Mr. Beat—high-school social studies teacher, musician, and composer(and yes, his real name is Matthew Beat)

The History Guy

Weird History and Weird History Food

Darth Magog(ex-JW)

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

35 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Darth Magog(ex-JW)

I’ve been wandering through ex-Mormon You Tube channels and podcasts (ExMo Lex, Sunstone, Mormon Stories, etc.).  Recently I branched out into ex-JW (John Cedars aka Lloyd Evans), which led to Cosmic Skeptic.  I’m mostly in it for the history, but the doctrines are somewhat interesting in a how-do-they-believe-that sorta way.

I’m still watching and rewatching auditions from America/Britain’s Got Talent since I missed everything past years one and two.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I continue to watch/listen to Mormon history videos and podcasts, and stumbled across an ex-member of The [Kingston] Order named Amanda Rae.  I’m not familiar with this polygamous cult, but have been listening to some of the stories and will branch out into the history later.

Here is a link to Amanda Rae attempting to map out her family tree in an inbred society where it is apparently not uncommon to marry first cousins and even half-siblings.  Amanda says this is why she’s so crazy.  Worth a peek.

Amanda Rae You Tube explaining family tree incest

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

A couple more:

iilluminaughtii(anti-MLM, cults, corrupt companies[has videos on the Duggars and IBLP])

Fire of Learning(yet another history channel—I wish these creators could have been my social studies teachers!)

• Upvote 2

Law Talk With Mike - he does videos on Sov Cits and wild moments in court.  He has a group of friends like Deborah David of Judge Middleton fame who also come on when he's doing videos.  Seems like a bit of a right wing jerk to me but I sometimes watching various sov cits and others flame out in court. 

Natalielawyerchick - she's a defense attorney - I think in the northeast.  She also does videos on people flaming out in court.  She had videos of the time that guy flamed out in Judge Middleton's zoom court hearing being in the same house as the person he was ordered to stay away from and the subsequent hearing from the lockup. 

Of course there's my own channel from which I publish bike ride time lapse videos and various other unhinged content.

• Upvote 2

I find myself listening to a lot of YouTubers lately, treating them as podcasts, while I do various chores in life. I love Illuminaughtii, Weird History, Hannah Alonzo (a lot of very interesting anti-MLM info), Mama Doctor Jones (the health instruction I wish I'd had growing up), Joshua Becker/Becoming Minimalist, which has been life changing for me, Defunctland, The Minimal Mom, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Dark History, What Lurks Beneath, Ask a Mortician (I first learned about her from here), Ex-Fundie Diaries and Caleb Hammer's Financial Audits, which have literally been helping me finally get my shit together in life.

Also a bunch of various railroad and railfanning channels and if you're interested in that you can PM me. Too many to list here, including my own, haha.

• Upvote 3

Religion for Breakfast (covers a bast array of religions), and Let’s Talk Relgion.

Useful Charts (which also has a sub-Reddit) which has also sorts of historical charts and the like and sometimes branches out into popular culture topics.  Royal watchers may enjoy this one.

Her Remarkable History

Mommy Farmer from Tiktok has created a channel partly because well the US is headed in a very particular direction, and she may make some ad revenue on YT)

Reading the Past (history channel)

The Alchemists Inkwell - astrology, spirituality, psychic and the also write/teach high vibe story telling.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Noble Xenon(anti-MLM)

I just discovered his channel yesterday, and started bingeing his videos today.  So far, he just reads off “hun” posts, but he does it with a refreshingly snarky attitude.

• Upvote 1