IGNORED

PA family murder-suicide pact

Howl

This is very bizarre.  A father-mother-daughter suicide pact.  Fanatical Trump supporters (especially the father), "devout Christian conservatives" and serious bowlers, but they seem to have stopped bowling in 2019 or 2020.  The daughter, Morgan, was homeschooled but they did attend a church. 

Literally, no one saw this coming.  They went into their back yard, the mom killed the dad, the daughter killed the mom and then shot herself. Notes left in the house confirm that it was a murder-suicide pact. 

Was this triggered by Trump's loss? 

Family found dead in Pennsylvania made a 'joint decision' to kill themselves, police say Morgan Daub, 26, and her parents, James Daub, 62, and Deborah Daub, 59, were found dead in the backyard of their home in York County, in what police say was a suicide pact. 

Excerpts: 

Stabley [operator of the pro shop at Bowlers Supply in York, PA] said the Christian, churchgoing family “was never shy about letting anybody know what their beliefs were” when it came to religion and politics. Morgan and Deborah “very, very huge” supporters of former President Donald Trump, Stabley said.

“They were just so hell-bent on Trump winning, like this could be in the end if he doesn’t.” ...Stabley said he was disturbed to see recent videos appearing to show Morgan on YouTube...the young woman speaks in stream-of-conscious fashion about God, the Antichrist and conspiracies about Trump and the 2020 election. 

and this: A neighbor...said the family had a "preoccupation with religion, especially on the dad’s part." The family's front yard was also "littered" with Pro-Trump political signs during the elections, and anti-abortion signs when Roe v. Wade was overturned, the neighbor said...

...Detective Timothy Fink said in a statement to NBC News on Friday that Deborah Daub left a written document, signed Jan. 19, in which “she speaks of a joint decision” by her and Morgan to end their lives. It refers to the "evil that has mounted against Morgan," but does not go into further detail...

I'd sure like to know more about this and any history of mental illness in that family. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

Good Lord, I used to live in West Manchester Township, and I bought my practice husband a ball at Bowler's Supply!

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

Good Lord, I used to live in West Manchester Township, and I bought my practice husband a ball at Bowler's Supply!

My mother was born in Manchester borough (I know it's not in the same area as the township, there are several Manchesters up there to confuse everyone! 🥴) and lived for a long time in West York when she moved back up there in the 80s. There are a LOT of very serious Orange Man supporters in the area. It's kind of frightening how focused on him they are. The intensity of this particular family's beliefs doesn't surprise me, although hopefully their suicides aren't repeated by any of his other fans.😳

There are also a LOT of Confederate flag wavers in York County. Way more than I ever see down here in Virginia. York County would make an interesting area of study, politics-wise.

• Thank You 5

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

my practice husband

My brother referred to his daughter's first husband as a starter husband.  Turned out to be accurate. 

• Upvote 1