IGNORED

Maranatha and Matthew Chapman divorced

waspchick

10 hours ago, Howl said:

Hoping all is well where she is.  There was a 7.8 magnitude quake in Turkey/Syria yesterday followed later in the day by a 7.7 magnitude quake.  Istanbul, where Lauren lives, is on the other side of Turkey. 

From her Instagram:

cdn.instanavigation.thumb.jpg.c5fa0bd9299550a45fc705da3d712eaa.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Thank You 4

It's devastating. The USGS Earthquake website shows that they have been enduring nearly 24 hours of nonstop quakes, all of them aftershocks. No wonder so many multistory buildings are collapsing -- no human-made structure like that can withstand the constant tremors.1433599898_USGSmapofearthquakesinTurkiye.thumb.jpg.7a8c7180585cd1ff835d5f3b74eae595.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 6

I just saw a drone photo of the city nearest the epicenter on The Guardian.  Block after block of massive multi story apartment buildings pancaked on the ground.  The first "aftershock" was a 7.6 quake. 

• Sad 8

Really interesting news, I was surprised that Matthew Chapman was not present or even mentioned during Lauren’s wedding in Turkey when it seemed every other member of her immediate family made the trip.  This might explain a bit.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

On 2/7/2023 at 6:46 PM, erunerune said:

Really interesting news, I was surprised that Matthew Chapman was not present or even mentioned during Lauren’s wedding in Turkey when it seemed every other member of her immediate family made the trip.  This might explain a bit.

I wonder if he did something to upset all the family. Like cheating. 

• I Agree 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wondered the same thing too. Hopefully not with a girl of his preferred age. 

• Disgust 5

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe they're just upset, because they've realized how fucked up age difference was to begin with.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Maybe they're just upset, because they've realized how fucked up age difference was to begin with.

I'd bet that Maranatha did a little soul-searching after Lauren's divorce. Lauren seems to be really thriving now that she's free of her creepy child marriage; maybe her mom realized what she missed out on.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Never really followed the Chapmans but hoo boy, are there some decidedly un-modest  hotties in the family!  Show it off while you’ve got it, I approvingly say. 

i do see on The Knot where Zion’s new stepfather looks young. Go, Maranatha! 

There was a brief moment of nausea when I mis-read that Zion’s sister was Lexton’s “lifelong partner and sister-wife.”  Donning my eyeglasses, I read correctly: “LIFTING partner.”  👀 The “sister-wife” still skeeves  but it’s not my business. I’m sure it’s just youthful over-the-top expressionism.  

• Haha 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I do see on The Knot where Zion’s new stepfather looks young. Go, Maranatha! 

Hold up, she's remarried??

• Upvote 3

Wow, good catch, MJB! :bow-yellow:

I completely missed that.

1176655341_Screenshot2023-02-11at03-54-07ZionChapmanandLextonWilsonsWeddingWebsite-TheKnot.png.7e4b683c9f54d690dbe1f57788f005db.png

Looks like @Howl called it!

Did Maranatha fall in love with a hot Crossfit guy/gal and give Matthew the boot? 

1613137767_Screenshot2023-02-11at04-02-03Coaches.thumb.png.ef6438bc904eba140342d121dca9c390.png

Edited by AnnaSofia
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 9

Wow. Just wow. That Knot webpage is quite an experience. I wouldn't say I find them likeable, but I'm definitely not getting any fundie vibes at all. Which comes across as quite funny juxtaposed with names like Zion and Hadassah (isn't that from the Roman/Jewish martyr romance that Libby Anne once reviewed?)

Also interesting : this passage about one of the bridesmaids (bolding mine)

"Alison is Zion’s lifelong best friend, and has been with her, even in her awkward homeschooler phase."

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1

It’s almost like they are completely self aware of their weird fundie past life. Probably because they aren’t surrounded by weird fundies anymore. Which makes them realize how strange their life was. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

If Lauren decides that one of her future writing projects is a personal memoir I would definitely pre-order.  

• I Agree 8

14 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

There was a brief moment of nausea when I mis-read that Zion’s sister was Lexton’s “lifelong partner and sister-wife.”  Donning my eyeglasses, I read correctly: “LIFTING partner.”  👀 The “sister-wife” still skeeves  but it’s not my business. I’m sure it’s just youthful over-the-top expressionism.  

My cousin’s wife of ten years is pals with his former, long-term girlfriend and they jokingly call each other “sister wives.”

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

On 2/5/2023 at 10:40 AM, Howl said:

Did Maranatha fall in love with a hot Crossfit guy/gal and give Matthew the boot? 

Looks like Joseph is a bit younger:

290692745_JosephDappenCrossfitStats.thumb.jpg.14330f4ca1a56ee6a45871fb06323655.jpg

Leaving aside snark about cougars, how ironic that Maranatha ends up with a younger second husband. 

Nonetheless, judging from public social media, they all seem to be living their best lives -- but WOW, what a lot of change.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

25 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

290692745_JosephDappenCrossfitStats.thumb.jpg.14330f4ca1a56ee6a45871fb06323655.jpg

Leaving aside snark about cougars, how ironic that Maranatha ends up with a younger second husband. 

Nonetheless, judging from public social media, they all seem to be living their best lives -- but WOW, what a lot of change.

I feel like CrossFit is a mini exercise cult in itself. But hey, if it got them away from child marriage and frumpers, I’m all for it.

• Upvote 12

And no matter which roll he's playing,

A church theater production in which the characters are bakery products?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

3 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Radaris puts him at 37

1700110922_Screenshot2023-02-11at15-35-00JosephDappenPhoneNumberAddressAgeContactInfoPublicRecordsRadaris.png.3ee5b043e019e329596be35d76622e14.png

Maranatha is 50, IIRC.

Ironically, Joseph is closer in age to Lauren than her ex was (Nathan Mickler will be 41 in a few months).

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 2

• 3 weeks later...

A promo interview with Lauren and Mohammed Sulaiman, the subject of her latest book.

(Host is kind of a douchebag, I just skipped around any part where he talks extensively. The actual interview portions aren't bad.)

• Thank You 2

There’s no way I could listen to that douchey host. But the pilot sounds very interesting. I could listen to just him without the host. Lauren chose a very interesting topic for a book.