IGNORED

Erin and Chad 10: Will they homeschool?

samurai_sarah

On 1/14/2023 at 6:07 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

So what’s the point of that barn door? I guarantee they never actually use it. It’s just for looks. Which is such a waste. Plus it’s ugly. That trend will go out of fashion very soon and then what. 

Then what? Then she has a barn door in her living room. If she likes it, what's the big deal? I have plenty of things in my house that are out of fashion

• Upvote 1

The room looks fine for a bland white/grey/wood guest room.

As a child's room it's sad. 

And the hotel painting is just desolate looking.

Erin's emphasis over and over about things being pretty...just gag.

Fun? Cool? Exciting? Inspiring? 

No. "pretty"

And wow. Chad. He works hard.

Forgot to mention the scary shelf above the bed loaded with old timey hard covers, ceramic planter and what looks like a ceramic book end. All hanging over a child's bed. I'm sure Chad has it very securely attached but there's no edges to stop things falling off if a kid is jumping around or whatever and whacks the wall (could vibrate off the edges)

Edited by WatchingTheTireFireBurn
Scary above bed bookshelf strikes again
  • Upvote 9

This is the picture in Carson’s room. Wtf? He’s 7. Why would anyone look at this and go, “that’s perfect for a 7 year old boy’s room!” 

F311479A-BC5E-49E5-B6E1-DBC63B04E372.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

My boys were 5 and 7 when we moved into this house. I did their room bright blue with a Super Mario theme. 4 years later, it ahs evolved with posters of Pokemon, they have each changed their bedding, etc but they definitely lean towards color. 

Even my bedroom is colorful. My husband and I compromised on turquoise walls and grey bedding instead of the other way around. 

• Upvote 2

The thing is, I don’t even need super bright colors. I had hot pink walls as a kid and I got so tired of it very quickly. But these Bateses aren’t even painting an accent wall a muted coral. They aren’t even getting colorful blankets or pillows to accent. It’s so dull it makes me want to rip my eyes out. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

Ok so if Carson likes to draw, Erin should have hung up a cork board or something to display his work. And what else does Carson like? It seems like they all enjoy animals. Why couldn’t Erin find a painting with animals instead? I’m just so baffled that she basically put no thought into what Carson actually likes. 

• Upvote 9

54 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The thing is, I don’t even need super bright colors. I had hot pink walls as a kid and I got so tired of it very quickly. But these Bateses aren’t even painting an accent wall a muted coral. They aren’t even getting colorful blankets or pillows to accent. It’s so dull it makes me want to rip my eyes out. 

Travis had to argue with Katie to get a pink wall and Katie picked like the palest pink imaginable. They really do seem afriad of color, I still remember when Josie did the plaster flowers for the girls rooms and kept them white. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

40 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Travis had to argue with Katie to get a pink wall and Katie picked like the palest pink imaginable. They really do seem afriad of color, I still remember when Josie did the plaster flowers for the girls rooms and kept them white. 

Katie baby room at least looked like a baby room, even if a beige one. This room doesnt look like a child sleeps here at all. Its not only the colours but the furniture, the generic decorative knick-knacks and books and the total lack of toys. Like doesnt Erin own a single childrens book? it would be a perfect place to put it in her son book shelf instead of a random Chip Gaines book.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I have no problem choosing the decor for my boys’ room. They could really care less. They have their toys and creations that make it their own regardless of the color I chose for the walls or the curtains hanging on the windows.  But I don’t pretend that I actually sought their input on it.  I don’t follow Erin all that closely, but her control freak came through loud and clear in this video. There wasn’t one thing in that room that indicated a little boy lives there. Where are the toys, the Lego creations, the thousands of mini action figures and Mario cars? What a sad little life when your mom literally tells you what colors you can use in your drawing. I’m surprised she even allowed any colors in those pencil cups that didn’t match the color scheme of the room!

I couldn’t believe the shelf over the bed AND over the crib in the closet. Just no. SMH

Edited by LookieLoo
More ranting
  • Upvote 5

I liked how Finley is now sleeping in Carson's bedroom closet. Way to fundie, Erin! Keeping the quiverfull dream alive!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12

Will Carson's feet even be able to reach the floor when he sits on the chair at the desk? Proper posture when sitting is important, or it can lead to shoulder problems later. 

5 hours ago, indianabones said:

I liked how Finley is now sleeping in Carson's bedroom closet. Way to fundie, Erin! Keeping the quiverfull dream alive!

And yet... Finley's closet is a huge step up in personal space for any Paine child at this point

• Upvote 12

35 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

And yet... Finley's closet is a huge step up in personal space for any Paine child at this point

True. Erin smooshed so many kids in that tiny bedroom in TN. That closet probably feels spacious to her. Imagine Jill doing this. Oh ya she did. She put Sadie in the RV closet to sleep. Jill gets shit on so bad for smooshing her children into a too small area but not Erin. I hate how she gets away with the same things that Jill does because she has more of an updated style than Jill. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

True. Erin smooshed so many kids in that tiny bedroom in TN. That closet probably feels spacious to her. Imagine Jill doing this. Oh ya she did. She put Sadie in the RV closet to sleep. Jill gets shit on so bad for smooshing her children into a too small area but not Erin. I hate how she gets away with the same things that Jill does because she has more of an updated style than Jill. 

True. Jill was raked over the coals for her windowless closet nursery for Janessa. People just excuse Erin for doing the same things and over controlling every aspect of her children’s lives because she presents a prettier package. 

• Upvote 9

3 minutes ago, LookieLoo said:

True. Jill was raked over the coals for her windowless closet nursery for Janessa. People just excuse Erin for doing the same things and over controlling every aspect of her children’s lives because she presents a prettier package. 

Jill’s closet for Janessa was actually very spacious compared to Erin’s baby closet. Jill’s was more like a small windowless room. Erin’s is a closet that you can barely squeeze into to get the baby out. 

If Erin didn’t have so many miscarriages and health issues, I think she would have ended up with ten kids. And squeezing them into some of the most ridiculous and tight spaces imaginable. Just like Jill, or even worse.

• Upvote 11

6 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Will Carson's feet even be able to reach the floor when he sits on the chair at the desk? Proper posture when sitting is important, or it can lead to shoulder problems later. 

Alyssa's "schoolroom" has the exact same problem. Hard plastic chairs much too high for a small child. They were picked for the aesthetic, not for the child's comfort.

• Thank You 1

I think the difference in age between Finley and Janessa, at the time “Baby Janessa” was sleeping in her closet nursery, is significant. When Jill put Janessa in the closet in a crib, Janessa was already old enough to be in a bed in the girls’ room. I think Finley will join the girls’ room when she’s at an appropriate age to move out of her crib. Erin did mention that the girls’ room is the most logistically challenging, so I’m envisioning two sets of bunk beds that Chad will be creating soon. I think the girls’ room will be unlivable while it’s under construction, so at least Finley has a set place to sleep during this phase.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I think the difference in age between Finley and Janessa, at the time “Baby Janessa” was sleeping in her closet nursery, is significant. When Jill put Janessa in the closet in a crib, Janessa was already old enough to be in a bed in the girls’ room. I think Finley will join the girls’ room when she’s at an appropriate age to move out of her crib. Erin did mention that the girls’ room is the most logistically challenging, so I’m envisioning two sets of bunk beds that Chad will be creating soon. I think the girls’ room will be unlivable while it’s under construction, so at least Finley has a set place to sleep during this phase.

I would say Janessa was lucky to have a room to herself instead of that horrible maze of beds and dressers in the big girls’ room. Even if it was small.

• Upvote 5

49 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Then they should have given the kids the master bedroom and taken the other room for themselves. Sorry, I get it, parents need their own space, etc. but if you choose to have so many kids you need to stack them like firewood, give them the larger room!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9

6 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

Then they should have given the kids the master bedroom and taken the other room for themselves. Sorry, I get it, parents need their own space, etc. but if you choose to have so many kids you need to stack them like firewood, give them the larger room!

That’s literally the only thing I thought Zoo did right in her sorry life. They gave the biggest room in their old house to the boys. And they fit 3 double bunk beds in it. And Erin never traded with the kids in their old house. Even though they had 4 kids in a tiny room that wasn’t much bigger than Janessa’s closet room she had all to herself. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

The Paines’ old master didn’t even have an en suite. There was no good reason for the parents to have had the larger room.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

I just rewatched the Paines new home tour and it would make sense for the four girls to share the master bedroom. However, the current girls room is so small, I don’t know if a queen sized bed, Erin’s art desk (?) and a dresser would even fit. I don’t think another bunk bed would fit in there either. This house still doesn’t meet the needs of a family their size. They needed one more bedroom to use as a bedroom or an art/play space. Maybe they have plans to buy this home and add on somehow.

• Upvote 6

17 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I just rewatched the Paines new home tour and it would make sense for the four girls to share the master bedroom. However, the current girls room is so small, I don’t know if a queen sized bed, Erin’s art desk (?) and a dresser would even fit. I don’t think another bunk bed would fit in there either. This house still doesn’t meet the needs of a family their size. They needed one more bedroom to use as a bedroom or an art/play space. Maybe they have plans to buy this home and add on somehow.

Erin never cares if it fits her children’s needs. Only if it fits her needs. She always thinks Chad can fix every problem they have with space for the children. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

The other day friends and I were discussing "pretty privlage" and how attractive people get away with more and are automatically deemed nice and trustworthy and I think Erin is a good example of this (really all the Bates, but specially Erin). Erin is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen and she has protected a sweet manner and it does make it hard to see that she is just as awful as all the other fundies. 

I have said time and again but the pretty packaging is what makes the Bates so dangerous. They don't look like crazy fundies. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic