IGNORED

Erin and Chad 10: Will they homeschool?

samurai_sarah

1 minute ago, indianabones said:

Of course they'll homeschool!

Definitely.  Erin has doubled down hard core. She and Tori are the very last ones I see sending their kids to school. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

The latest video was interesting. Erin seemed amazed when Carson indicated that he wouldn't miss TN. Erin seemed to think he'd end up crying like she was. It seems like he'll adapt well to the move. Erin fails to realize that kids are resilient. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I almost thought she was going to encourage him to feel upset. Then at the last moment it seemed like she got herself together and said he was brave or strong or something.

It was actually sort of sweet.

Carson just looked like he wanted to escape and play outside.

I feel her pain though. I've moved a lot but still get very attached to every place and all the memories. They have invested a lot into the place and gone through huge life changes there. Were it me, I'd have been bawling nonstop.

That house looks so much smaller when empty! 

I can't imagine how they got a caravan of trucks including a towed rv plus small children and a bunch of animals all down to FL in one day. (They got there around 3am). More power to them.

I envy Erin and Chad's energy.

Shame about the cult. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

Carson won’t miss sharing his tiny bedroom with 4 little sisters. I bet he has way more room in this house and loves it. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

On 1/8/2023 at 7:34 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Carson won’t miss sharing his tiny bedroom with 4 little sisters. I bet he has way more room in this house and loves it. 

Erin said he will be sharing with Finley (at least while she is in the crib), but I guess that is still better than 4 sisters. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

18 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Erin said he will be sharing with Finley (at least while she is in the crib), but I guess that is still better than 4 sisters. 

So he's brother momming?

People parenting their smalls would do rooms by age and development. ie older kids will have similar needs and sleep schedules to each other, then the oldest would with the youngest.  He's in with a crib child so he can babysit,

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, imokit said:

So he's brother momming?

People parenting their smalls would do rooms by age and development. ie older kids will have similar needs and sleep schedules to each other, then the oldest would with the youngest.  He's in with a crib child so he can babysit,

I’m guessing yes, he probably will be doing some brother dadding. I’m sure she has convinced herself he wants to help. But I doubt he has a choice. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

41 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m guessing yes, he probably will be doing some brother dadding. I’m sure she has convinced herself he wants to help. But I doubt he has a choice. 

Carson seems to do far more sibling parenting than Brooklyn, I think it could be temperament. But he definitely does more than his share of baby care.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

Good for Brooklyn if she is able to avoid some sister-momming. She seems like a spunky kid and I hope that that continues and that she isn’t pressured to conform to the fundie girl role. 
Erin and Chad really need to get their own home in the next few years. Renting, for so many years, just seems to be a waste of money. Ideally, if their family size remains the same, they could do with a five bedroom house : a room for them, one for Brooklyn and Everly, one for Holland and Finley, one just for Carson and finally a guest room as I’m sure they’ll have lots of visitors. But, fundies seem to thrive on squashing as many kids as possible into a small room allowing no privacy or peace and quiet. Erin knows that some people don’t do well in that set up (Alyssa and Josie needed quiet not chaos) so I hope that she will be sensitive to her children’s individual needs but I’m not convinced that she will be. 
The whole move to Florida seems very odd to me. Maybe we’ll discover more as time passes. Perhaps there are family reasons for the move, maybe to be nearer to some of Chad’s family or maybe to have some distance from Erin’s family. Chad seems to be even more fundie than before.  They really seem to have doubled down after Erin’s health issues. 
I hope that the children settle in Florida and I would be delighted if their new church has a school which they were allowed to attend. Unlikely I know!

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Carson seems to do far more sibling parenting than Brooklyn, I think it could be temperament. But he definitely does more than his share of baby care.

Carson is 7. I haven't seen him do anything, other than hold the baby for a picture. Where have you seen him diapering, feeding or helping Finlay? Because he's really young to be doing anything like that.

Edited by Jackie3

I just watched their new video. I hadn’t realized that the house in Florida has only three bedrooms. It’s a lot bigger than their cottage, but it isn’t huge. I’m not against kids sharing rooms, but I would avoid putting more than two kids in a bedroom. And I can’t quite understand why Finley is not in Erin and Chad’s room. She’s only one.

Anyone else catch that Erin talk about HER bedroom? I’d refer to it being OUR bedroom. Is it just me or is it a bit odd?

Erin Aldo mentioned that the kids started school. Is there any possibility they actually attend a real school or does she just mean they took up home schooling again?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Cupcake79 said:

I just watched their new video. I hadn’t realized that the house in Florida has only three bedrooms. It’s a lot bigger than their cottage, but it isn’t huge. I’m not against kids sharing rooms, but I would avoid putting more than two kids in a bedroom. And I can’t quite understand why Finley is not in Erin and Chad’s room. She’s only one.

Anyone else catch that Erin talk about HER bedroom? I’d refer to it being OUR bedroom. Is it just me or is it a bit odd?

Erin Aldo mentioned that the kids started school. Is there any possibility they actually attend a real school or does she just mean they took up home schooling again?

Erin and Chad had the much bigger bedroom while all her kids shared a tiny bedroom in the old house. I’m sure she has he biggest room again instead of putting the 3 sharing a room in the biggest. 

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, Cupcake79 said:

A lot of the Bates girls do that… “my kitchen”, “my living room” etc. I’ve always found it odd. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I watched the latest video even though I hate Erin’s very fake voice. I have to ask. Why the fuck is there a big ugly sliding barn door for the hallway? Every room has a door on it in the hallway. So what’s the point of that barn door? I guarantee they never actually use it. It’s just for looks. Which is such a waste. Plus it’s ugly. That trend will go out of fashion very soon and then what. 

• Upvote 3

She says "her table" too.

The house did seem a lot bigger the 1st video she showed. It does have a large open area/living room and I think that is probably more important than the bedrooms however they are divided up. Poor girls had 1 bucket or so of toys.

I'm sure she meant they started back homeschooling. She mentioned Chad building a desk in the girls' bedroom

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I watched the latest video even though I hate Erin’s very fake voice. I have to ask. Why the fuck is there a big ugly sliding barn door for the hallway? Every room has a door on it in the hallway. So what’s the point of that barn door? I guarantee they never actually use it. It’s just for looks. Which is such a waste. Plus it’s ugly. That trend will go out of fashion very soon and then what. 

It was there when they moved in. I noticed it right away in the first video. But I grew up in a house where the living room had French doors and it was for energy conservation purposes. 

• Upvote 1

Depending on the floor plan and flooring, living area sounds (especially kitchen clanking) can roll right down the bedroom hall. With kids an extra sound barrier could be wonderful. Barn door? Nope, but it would be far easier and less expensive than having a pocket door (slides into the wall and can be pulled out across the opening) installed. If I were building I'd have a pocket door installed for an additional sound barrier. If it never needs to be used it can be left open (slid into the wall) all the time.

• Upvote 3

Confession: I’ve got major BEC for barn doors. I’m probably the biggest barn door hater you’ll ever meet. I grew up in an old house with big gorgeous old pocket doors. I love all pocket doors. Especially the pretty wood ones in older homes. I think it’s a big reason I hate barn doors so much. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

I think most barn doors are ugly.  But then I’m also not a fan of white cabinets in kitchens, subway tile or shiplap.  

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, clueliss said:

I think most barn doors are ugly.  But then I’m also not a fan of white cabinets in kitchens, subway tile or shiplap.  

Shiplap and barn doors both drive me crazy. Braggie (M is for Mama) has them all over her house and it makes me despise her even more. The shiplap in her entryway makes me nuts.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, clueliss said:

I prefer wood because it’s warmer and it hides dirt. So I like wood trim, wood kitchen cabinets, wood doors. White shows everything. The dust, scuffs, and fingerprint smudges. I don’t really mind Shiplap if it was original to the house. But I’m not a fan of putting it in a new build or in a home that was built in 1960 in the Midwest. I feel like it just does not go with the home. And barn doors go in no home. They are for barns. Not homes. They look great in barns. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

On 1/13/2023 at 5:57 PM, Cupcake79 said:

That just means they're back in their homeschool workbooks. Most fundies refer to homeschool as just "school". She is pretty dedicated to homeschooling, I think we all know the thread title is rhetorical bc there's no doubt she's diehard about it.

Has anyone noticed the more fundie they've gotten the more extreme her makeup has gotten? Like she's going back to her original fundie days, though with a bit less of a beehive, but almost Tammy Baker style with the frosted eyeshadow.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I prefer wood because it’s warmer and it hides dirt. So I like wood trim, wood kitchen cabinets, wood doors. White shows everything. The dust, scuffs, and fingerprint smudges. I don’t really mind Shiplap if it was original to the house. But I’m not a fan of putting it in a new build or in a home that was built in 1960 in the Midwest. I feel like it just does not go with the home. And barn doors go in no home. They are for barns. Not homes. They look great in barns. 

Yea Gods, what first world problems. I think Erin is glad to have a house, period.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic