IGNORED

Maxwell 56: Mary Found Freedom to Get Engaged

Coconut Flan

Steve Maxwell denied any form of fun for his kids. They were only allowed to do things that he approved of. He also expected them to share how wonderful being a Christian is (even if they didn’t want to). 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 7

13 hours ago, SPHASH said:

That's the difference, your grandson had the opportunity to try sports, he didn't like it which is perfectly OK.  What's not OK is the Maxkids were denied any opportunity or forced to quit because Steve decided sports were the devil's creation.  Steve also made one of the kids switch musical instruments because they enjoyed it or was getting too good at it.

I was letting Jermasty know that my grandson doesn't like sports either, and her kids aren't odd, and she shouldn't feel bad.  

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

I don’t think my kids are odd. Although I would argue everyone on planet earth is weird in their own way. Just that my kids are the odd ones out in my family. Because my family loves sports and my kids have zero interest in them. But I don’t mind too much. It’s nice not to have to take them to practice and games constantly. 

• Upvote 7

Just dropping by to share the joy I feel, seeing abcadmissions’ IG photos of winter in their neighborhood.  Eastern Kansas isn’t all flat but it doesn’t have the charm of the West Virginia terrain as shown in the snow photos. 

You ENJOY your snowy days, Mary & Anna!!!!!

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

My mother’s best friend has twin grandson’s who are 20. They hate sports they never played & their parents never tried to get them to play. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Somethings up!!!Eleventy!!!

Can anyone find Sam & Mary's wedding registry??? Cuz I think they had to hurry up and marry early...

Spoiler

seven.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8

15 minutes ago, Florita said:

Can anyone find Sam & Mary's wedding registry??? Cuz I think they had to hurry up and marry early...

Registry still says May 27. Maybe Anna eloped with a GYM? Or (far more likely, I'm afraid), they made a mistake. Or they didn't want to change the bio again in May and figured the wedding was a done deal anyway.

And btw, both Maxgals and Samuel made the President's List again last semester. Alex Eichhorn had to content himself with the Dean's List this time.

Spoiler

grafik.png.177a3a5973c9ee50847996950f2ddd15.png

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 9

10 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Registry still says May 27. Maybe Anna eloped with a GYM? Or (far more likely, I'm afraid), they made a mistake. Or they didn't want to change the bio again in May and figured the wedding was a done deal anyway.

Whew!! January's "Mom's Corner" said six are married. Unusual for the Maxwells to be so optimistic.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, asta said:

They changed Teri's bio but not Sarah's? It still says she hopes to be a wife one day... 

They didn't really change Teri's bio. It doesn't mention the 6 married kids in the About Us section.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, FeministShrew said:

What do I spy with my little eye? From the Summer 22 video.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.af0cca4b546feb474635ed79c36728e1.png

Is that a beer sign?

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, theologygeek said:

Found some stuff.  A cameo by Anna and Mary.  They are having a blast at school.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVSu1ryOtw0  And this one.  Anna didn't go home for the summer.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Xbggbic2c  

They all seem so normal and so non-Maxwell.  Great for Anna and Mary.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

16 hours ago, FeministShrew said:

What do I spy with my little eye? From the Summer 22 video.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.af0cca4b546feb474635ed79c36728e1.png

Is that gal vaping/smoking?

7 hours ago, Hane said:

Is that gal vaping/smoking?

I was thinking the same thing.  Part of me hopes it's Anna but I hate smoking and vaping.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

On 2/15/2023 at 6:53 PM, SPHASH said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Part of me hopes it's Anna but I hate smoking and vaping.

Honestly it just looks like a glass of water to me. It's distorted some by the light from the sign.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 2/14/2023 at 8:28 PM, Coconut Flan said:

They all seem so normal and so non-Maxwell.  Great for Anna and Mary.

I'm rather surprised at how few skirts/dresses are in those videos. Also lots of males & females hanging out together in what looks like dorm common areas. But I also really noticed the almost total absence of  face masks in the fall 2021-spring 2022 school year video--really shows you how masking rates really varied with regional area & religious beliefs.

• Upvote 7

11 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I'm rather surprised at how few skirts/dresses are in those videos. Also lots of males & females hanging out together in what looks like dorm common areas. But I also really noticed the almost total absence of  face masks in the fall 2021-spring 2022 school year video--really shows you how masking rates really varied with regional area & religious beliefs.

I'm not surprised about the lack of masks in 2021-2022. It was odd to not wear a mask where I lived then, but when I went to visit family in WV during the holidays in late 2021, I was the odd one for wearing a mask while shopping. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

12 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

I'm not surprised about the lack of masks in 2021-2022. It was odd to not wear a mask where I lived then, but when I went to visit family in WV during the holidays in late 2021, I was the odd one for wearing a mask while shopping. 

I agree. You go to downtown Charleston WV and you would see masks indoors. But a Christian college in Mt Hope? Nope. What I noticed was big cities in the Midwest were more likely to wear masks. While anywhere rural or smaller towns rarely wore masks back then. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

The co-ed hangouts don't really surprise me. Christian colleges even back in my parents' era (early 70s) had co-ed lounges in many dorms. It gave couples and friend groups a supervised (and I mean literally, with RAs taking turns policing couples' displays of affection) place to hang out. I can about guarantee that hallways where actual dorm rooms are are behind locked doors and are accessible only by the students who live in that dorm. That's not to say students would never TRY to slip into a significant other's room, but the stakes at these colleges are pretty high (I'm sure that's a dismissal offense at ABC.)

Also, my fundy-lite college of the 90s - which, judging by what I've seen in ABC's social media, is on par with ABC today - had one open house night each year when you COULD go in the rooms of the opposite sex. It was typically a mob scene with all doors propped wide open and dorms competed for best theme which kept the dorm's occupants busy acting out their roles or whatever, so no shenanigans happened then either.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic