IGNORED

Jinjer 59: Cooking with Prepared Spice Mix

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, BlondeAgent007 said:

My opinion on JimBob and the husband choices, and subsequent loss of the girls?  I think he remembered that when the daughter's marry, they give authority to the husband.  The husband does not go under the authority of the father.  However, if the husband's are not independently wealthy, they would have to defer to the show and family in order to get their bills paid.  Jill and Derrick were smart, biding their time while Derrick was in school and saving so they could GTFO.  Who knows if this book would have ever been written had the show stayed on the air?

JinJer weren’t on the show much by the end anyway because they’d moved interstate. I think, for all his faults and controlling nature, what it came down to for JB was his daughter wanted to marry this guy. On the balance of things, JB is an asshole and a half, but NOBODY is 100% pure evil and somewhere in amongst his narcissism I think he cares for his daughters and enjoys the way their happiness reflects positively on him. Jeremy was recommended by Ben & Jessa, who seemed to be going alright and were sufficiently under his thumb despite Ben’s apparent theological differences, so why not this other telegenic guy who would bring in the viewers and who his daughter is making doe-eyes at. 

I do wonder if JB thought JinJer might one day write a book about their theological differences and how Jeremy came to step away from his upbringing, be his own man, see the light of true faith thanks to his spouse and the excellent and wise teachings of IBLP. And I wonder if Jeremy’s family ever similarly hoped for THIS book.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Smee said:

JinJer weren’t on the show much by the end anyway because they’d moved interstate. I think, for all his faults and controlling nature, what it came down to for JB was his daughter wanted to marry this guy. On the balance of things, JB is an asshole and a half, but NOBODY is 100% pure evil and somewhere in amongst his narcissism I think he cares for his daughters and enjoys the way their happiness reflects positively on him. Jeremy was recommended by Ben & Jessa, who seemed to be going alright and were sufficiently under his thumb despite Ben’s apparent theological differences, so why not this other telegenic guy who would bring in the viewers and who his daughter is making doe-eyes at. 

I do wonder if JB thought JinJer might one day write a book about their theological differences and how Jeremy came to step away from his upbringing, be his own man, see the light of true faith thanks to his spouse and the excellent and wise teachings of IBLP. And I wonder if Jeremy’s family ever similarly hoped for THIS book.

I would be absolutely shocked if JB ever thought about any extant book other than the bible, let alone a potential book. He's stuck really far up his own narcissistic ass.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

I also think Jinger just liked Jeremy having met him through Ben n Jessa. Now what Jeremy saw in Jinger...?

I'm not sure JB's machinations are quite the spy level intrigue we often attribute to him (however entertaining it may be to consider). 

As for money, I think JB diversified more than we recall most the time. He's leased land to a cell tower, invested in rental properties, and seems to have at times been a real estate agent.. had a tow truck operation and car lots(not sure who actually owned them). Things which are legitimate passive income and self employed income things lots of other ppl do. I dont think money is such a factor for many of them as we think.

Before the show came along they were already building that huge house bit by bit. Seems to me he had been building up these income streams and they started showing returns about the same time they go the show, which gave the house a jump.

(You buy a house for rental property there are a lot of up front costs that may take a few years to pay down or you might use any rental profits to buy a 2nd rental. So it might some years for that to pay off in real money)

He doesn't seem to have been concerned at all about husband's income or income potential.

He has stated an intent that all his kids live around him by splitting the property. So it seems he was planning and prepared at some level to support them or launch them into their marriages.

Being gifted land, a trailer, or a house whatever is a massive jumpstart saving a new couple thousands. 

He seems to be most concerned with religion and the kids have spoken about how he viewed the show as way to spread his religion. 

So I dunno...seems to me for JB there's item 1. Religion after that 2. Financial independence (which is a bit different to just getting rich).

Gil bates talked about this in the form of needing a job that made a lot of money but also where he didn't need to answer to other people or possibly made to "accept" others beliefs (hence tree trimming).

• Upvote 5

JB has a good amount of money and I never doubted it. First, he got big bucks for many, many episodes of TLC. He might have even had a rider attached to his tv contract stating if the special episodes garnered x amount of viewers, he got a bonus. He and Michelle got paid big bucks for speaking engagements. They wrote books. They buy property, sell property, flip houses and own car lots, etc. They got countless freebies of all kinds included quite a bit of covered travel expenses because of their tv reality fame. JB milked it all and I have no doubt he’s got millions in the bank. I’m sure he’s got a great tax attorney who makes sure JB pays the smallest amount of taxes by amplifying all the deductions he can get.

I think JB’s reasoning for backing Josh was simply a gamble to him. He had the money to give it a roll of the dice. He knew Josh was guilty, but JB was trying to save the Duggar brand. He threw huge money towards Josh’s defense just in case there was the remotest chance that Josh could be found not guilty and the Duggar brand could be redeemed. JB lost the bet, but he had the money to try to see if it’d work. But he still has plenty of money in the coffers.

Edited by Cam
  • I Agree 8

Jinger just posted on instagram that her book is on the New York Times best seller list.  In addition the other day she posted it was on the Amazon best seller list.

That is a major accomplishment no matter the content or author.  I don’t think the publisher is one of the major ones either.   

I am second in line for the ebook, Brooklyn Public Library as 17 copies of it.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I also think Jinger just liked Jeremy having met him through Ben n Jessa. Now what Jeremy saw in Jinger...?

You know, I almost added this thought to my post, so I am glad you did.  What exactly did Jeremy see in Jinger?   Don't get me wrong.  She is very pretty and seems to have a nice personality.  But compared to Jeremy, she was so unworldly and uneducated.  She confesses in her book that she had problems holding conversations and socializing with people outside her cult.  In other words, there seems to be no "there" there. At least Jill and Jessa seem to have some spunk and drive, some strong personality traits.  Jeremy has been around the block a few times with women, was an athlete, and I think he is college-educated (?) Why Jinger Duggar?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

31 minutes ago, Baba O'Riley said:

You know, I almost added this thought to my post, so I am glad you did.  What exactly did Jeremy see in Jinger?   Don't get me wrong.  She is very pretty and seems to have a nice personality.  But compared to Jeremy, she was so unworldly and uneducated.  She confesses in her book that she had problems holding conversations and socializing with people outside her cult.  In other words, there seems to be no "there" there. At least Jill and Jessa seem to have some spunk and drive, some strong personality traits.  Jeremy has been around the block a few times with women, was an athlete, and I think he is college-educated (?) Why Jinger Duggar?

Notoriety…I think he thought since Jinger was (in)famous and the family had been on the TEVEE, this might jumpstart his own Hollywood journey.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 6

30 minutes ago, Baba O'Riley said:

Stephen Hammer, a well educated man found his fundie wife online. He saw her blog and emailed her dad. She was a sheltered fundie maiden and for some reason, that appealed to him. It creeps me out. I think Jeremy liked how sheltered, innocent, and naive Jinger was. She probably hung in his every word. I’m sure he loved that. And he could mold and shape her into believing whatever he wanted (Calvinism obviously). Plus she’s on a reality show! He can play off her fame without doing much work. Just like Lawson and his wife. 

• Upvote 14
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 3

32 minutes ago, Baba O'Riley said:

Power and potential fame. He could get a subservient wife, who will stare at him adoringly, all the while being on television. I bet Jeremy thought that at some point they would have their own TV show. Plus, such a meek wife would be perfect for his future TV preaching career. I will always side-eye any well-educated, worldly man who decides they want to date a Duggar daughter, even Derrick.

I maintain there is something suspicious about such a man seeking a woman who they know does not have the education, life experience, or just plain backbone to acknowledge the red flags and act accordingly. These men sought out women who had never made a decision on their own and weren’t even allowed to go out alone. There is something wrong with a man who seeks out a child-like woman he has to raise. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Jinger just posted on instagram that her book is on the New York Times best seller list.  In addition the other day she posted it was on the Amazon best seller list.

That is a major accomplishment no matter the content or author.  I don’t think the publisher is one of the major ones either.   

I am second in line for the ebook, Brooklyn Public Library as 17 copies of it.

I've almost finished it.  I'm bogged down about 3/4  to 4/5 of the way through.  This last chapter has resembled a sermon a bit too much for me.  

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, BlondeAgent007 said:

My opinion on JimBob and the husband choices, and subsequent loss of the girls?  I think he remembered that when the daughter's marry, they give authority to the husband.  The husband does not go under the authority of the father.  However, if the husband's are not independently wealthy, they would have to defer to the show and family in order to get their bills paid.  Jill and Derrick were smart, biding their time while Derrick was in school and saving so they could GTFO.  Who knows if this book would have ever been written had the show stayed on the air?

But in IBLP, the married couple is supposed to be under the authority of both sets of parents. They are supposed to discuss major decisions with their parents and get their thoughts on it. Apparently it was a bit of an issue for Jinger and Jeremy because Jinger believed she needed to get her parents approval still for decisions. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

Funny how JB didn’t act as if he was still under his father’s authority. It was ok for him to strike off on his own (with Michelle and the children) but he wouldn’t be too pleased if/when his adult children do the same.” Do as I say and not as I did “seems to be JB’s philosophy. 

Edited by Angelface
Typos
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

I've almost finished it.  I'm bogged down about 3/4  to 4/5 of the way through.  This last chapter has resembled a sermon a bit too much for me.  

You’ve already heard MacArthur preach so why hear another one? 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

Whew. This just dropped from  Christianity Today and it is not looking good for JMac & co. Thank God there is one of the thirty freaking seven men in power that attempted to do the right thing and live by the principles they espouse.

I wonder if it will be a catalyst for JinJer to cut and run. https://christianitytoday.com/news/2023/february/grace-community-church-elder-biblical-counseling-abuse.html

Article worth reading but in short: Eileen Gray, a woman who JMac publicly shamed years ago for divorcing her abusive now-jailed pedophile husband went public last year. JMac’s church asked an elder to look into it. He did, thoroughly, and told the elders they were wrong in their response to her and to  repent and attempt to make it right. JMac himself said nah and the elder was forced to withdraw his investigations and step down. The elder resigned and after that others came to him and he began to see the pattern, so he went to CT who interviewed 8 other women for their story who were “counseled” to stay in violent and abusive marriages. 

This is huge in evangelical MacArthur world. I haven’t read Jinger’s book so don’t know if she names her current church, but I hope she gets asked about it in interviews and begins to connect dots. 

• Sad 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 18

32 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

You’ve already heard MacArthur preach so why hear another one? 😂

I have to give credit to Jinger or the ghost writer.  It may read like a sermon, but not a MacArthur sermon.  

15 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

This is huge in evangelical MacArthur world. I haven’t read Jinger’s book so don’t know if she names her current church, but I hope she gets asked about it in interviews and begins to connect dots. 

She does.  I hope it comes to her attention.

• Upvote 7

56 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Whew. This just dropped from  Christianity Today and it is not looking good for JMac & co. Thank God there is one of the thirty freaking seven men in power that attempted to do the right thing and live by the principles they espouse.

I wonder if it will be a catalyst for JinJer to cut and run. https://christianitytoday.com/news/2023/february/grace-community-church-elder-biblical-counseling-abuse.html

Article worth reading but in short: Eileen Gray, a woman who JMac publicly shamed years ago for divorcing her abusive now-jailed pedophile husband went public last year. JMac’s church asked an elder to look into it. He did, thoroughly, and told the elders they were wrong in their response to her and to  repent and attempt to make it right. JMac himself said nah and the elder was forced to withdraw his investigations and step down. The elder resigned and after that others came to him and he began to see the pattern, so he went to CT who interviewed 8 other women for their story who were “counseled” to stay in violent and abusive marriages. 

Have you guys seen the clip of his public shaming of her? I watched it recently. It’s abhorrent. McArthur can go fuck himself with a cactus. 

The camera work is shitty but you only need to listen, not watch. This woman was being physically abused by her husband and he told her to stay. When she eventually left him because he kept beating her, Macarthur shamed her in a church full of people:

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • Angry 6
  • Disgust 6
  • WTF 5

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Stephen Hammer, a well educated man found his fundie wife online. He saw her blog and emailed her dad. She was a sheltered fundie maiden and for some reason, that appealed to him. It creeps me out.

A fascinating story. He went on to clerk for the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court--pretty much the most prestigious job a young lawyer can get. Now he's a wealthy lawyer in Dallas, and they have six kids, with the oldest about 9. There's no signs of him entering a political life, as many here predicted.

• Upvote 2

This is as bad, if not worse than Gothard.

No words. Sorry Jerm and Jinger, maybe the 3rd one will be a charm- 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 6

23 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

This is as bad, if not worse than Gothard.

No words. Sorry Jerm and Jinger, maybe the 3rd one will be a charm- 

It’s honestly so culty to me. I probably read too much stuff about cults but Public humiliation is a common tactic. He didn’t have to name her. He could have just given a general sermon on the topic. But nope. He calls her out by name in front of the whole church. Your run of the mill mainstream type churches don’t do that shit. 

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 1

For real. The level of spiritual abuse there “she may not even be a believer”

Ans to know all the while that her convicted pedophile husband was abusing her and the children and she got out to save the children. I wonder just what kind of “biblical counsel” she received. CT article says that when the elder recently asked JMac to repent and  make it right, 20 yrs later, JMac refused and victim blamed. Just horrific. 

• Disgust 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Maybe in a few years they will have left that cult/church. Then she can write part two of this current book. Becoming Free Indeed, Indeed. I remember when she wrote that marriage book. That got under my skin. She is still in her twenties! Go through thirty or so years of marriage along with allllll the ups and downs that come with that and then write a book about it. She was like on mile 2 in a marathon and writing about how to successfully run a marathon.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Have you guys seen the clip of his public shaming of her? I watched it recently. It’s abhorrent. McArthur can go fuck himself with a cactus. 

The camera work is shitty but you only need to listen, not watch. This woman was being physically abused by her husband and he told her to stay. When she eventually left him because he kept beating her, Macarthur shamed her in a church full of people:

No wonder Lori Alexander loves him so much. She's into publicly shaming women, too.🤢

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1

Interesting…he says JMac got him out of Gothard’s cult and was gateway further out (full thread in hidden images) 

Spoiler

D5632945-01B0-47AC-B50D-DEDD4423B143.thumb.jpeg.727433838250d21a8b6d71f29f1d3e2e.jpeg665F9723-78DA-45D6-8A79-C546D02D5004.thumb.jpeg.571f66e797c7b189e9e53005633f5045.jpeg

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

My family wanted me to go back to my abusive (ex) husband because...and I literally quote "he was nice to you sometimes" in addition to the bible shit.

Later still single, having endured years of psychotic stalking, I was told I should seek him out so I could beg him to take me back.

Fuck them all.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 4
  • Love 17

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic