IGNORED

Jinjer 59: Cooking with Prepared Spice Mix

Coconut Flan

On 3/1/2023 at 9:45 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree. She was interviewed by Allie Beth Stuckey and GD. If she had fully deconstructed, neither would want to interview her. 

. . . .

Which is why she's claiming "disentangled" rather than deconstructed, I guess.

• Upvote 6

I finally tried to read her book.  It was hard going for me because the book is not aimed at me, a secular woman, super lapsed Catholic upbringing. I skimmed through a lot of it,  but as everyone has said, it boils down to Gotthard is bad and Jinger had an amazing revelation that she can read and interpret scripture on her own.   She is/was a mess emotionally, full of anxiety from fear of social settings to religious failure and damnation for breaking Gothards rules.    I don’t recall that she criticizes her parents but doesn't really praise them either, the way she did in interviews.   I did not read every word but I don’t believe she addressed her abuse by Josh, and gives him a few lines at the end that she hopes he repents.  She references the abuse allegations against Gothard.   She doesn’t seem to have made a connection between her abuse by Josh and her crippling anxiety and fearfulness.  She did address how hard it was to overcome her training to always defer to her headship and express an opinion.

Just my disjointed thoughts, but I hope she may in the future see the  benefit from some real therapy.  She did not seek professional help after Evangelines birth and she struggled with post partum for close to a year.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

I don’t think Jinger was directly abused by Josh to anyone’s official knowledge. Which means she either hasn’t discussed it with her sisters or doesn’t want to voice her opinion on it.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, woonaluna said:

I don’t think Jinger was directly abused by Josh to anyone’s official knowledge. Which means she either hasn’t discussed it with her sisters or doesn’t want to voice her opinion on it.

She was. All the oldest girls except Jana have either spoken about being his victims or have shown up in the old police reports.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2

1 minute ago, EmiSue said:

She was. All the oldest girls except Jana have either spoken about being his victims or have shown up in the old police reports.

Got it. I am not as in the loop as a lot of people here about the details. It’s pretty bothersome for me personally.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Imo, Jinger only briefly mentions Josh in her book because she does not want his story to become the main focus of her story. She is trying to somehow distance herself from him and the molestations. I think all the Duggar siblings are sick and tired of the Josh part of their history. They want to be famous of their own accord for what they consider their own accomplishments or talents or contributions. I think one reason Jinger put a book out was so media stories about her will have a religious disentangling story attached and not just the Josh story which seems to end every article.

• Upvote 19

3 hours ago, Cam said:

Imo, Jinger only briefly mentions Josh in her book because she does not want his story to become the main focus of her story. She is trying to somehow distance herself from him and the molestations. I think all the Duggar siblings are sick and tired of the Josh part of their history. They want to be famous of their own accord for what they consider their own accomplishments or talents or contributions. I think one reason Jinger put a book out was so media stories about her will have a religious disentangling story attached and not just the Josh story which seems to end every article.

I definitely agree with the fact that she’s aiming to take back her story. The reason it falls flat is that she’s still not able to see the connection between his actions and the world their parents designed. 

• Upvote 14

37 minutes ago, woonaluna said:

I definitely agree with the fact that she’s aiming to take back her story. The reason it falls flat is that she’s still not able to see the connection between his actions and the world their parents designed. 

And that she is affiliated with a theology/church structure with its own problematic abuse history. There are direct parallels between MacArthur and JB Duggar around keeping it all in-house (in-church) versus seeking professional help (law enforcement, counseling) when abuse is known.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Cam said:

They want to be famous of their own accord for what they consider their own accomplishments or talents or contributions. 

Oh, so that’s why Jinger is jumping from one attempted money maker to the next. Accomplishments/talents/contributions take time, sustained, concentrated, hard work or a natural inclination. 

Who wants to tell the Vuolos?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

New vid on the insta featuring the back of Evangeline's head. She's a ginger. Do we know of any other gingers in either family? 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, WannabeHistorian said:

New vid on the insta featuring the back of Evangeline's head. She's a ginger. Do we know of any other gingers in either family? 

Some of the Duggars have had a slight hint of strawberry in their blonde. Jeremiah is one of them. If you look at his hair in the sunlight, you can see a hint of red. I doubt Evy is a full red. Probably just red undertones. I wouldn’t be surprised if the red became much less noticeable as she got older. I’m just basing this on experience with red heads in my family. 
ETA: I’ve always assumed JB had strawberry undertones as a kid. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8

Jinger's book has fallen off the NY Times "Advice, How-to & Miscellaneous" top 10 bestseller list this week after being on it for three weeks. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

On 2/3/2023 at 8:05 AM, CanadianMamam said:

The Jehovah Witnesses I know drink. I have been to JW weddings and alcohol flower freely. Now the weddings were creepy in other ways, it was the first time I (raised protestant, married Catholic) had ever heard the idea of headship and it was the main focus of the ceremony. I remember feeling so uncomfortable. 

It was greatly hidden when I grew up. Growing up a JW was really hard.  They’d act a certain way with each other & have a different life away from the congregation.  As a child, I found it odd.  Drinking was a no no.  That’s all I knew.  But it happened.  I just found that religion odd.  I personally hate being told what to do.  It’s probably why I just stay away from religion.  My husband “studied” with JW for a year.  He read the whole Bible & argued points lol.  Let’s just say that person walked away. 

not sure what Bible my husband read.  I think it was actually the Bible the JW gave him. That person didn’t like my husband arguing with him.   All he did was point out a few things. 

that said, we are fine without religion.  If there is a god? Then I’ll answer to him/her when I die.. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

• samurai_sarah locked and unlocked this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic