IGNORED

Herschel Walker- GA Senate Candidate

Bluebirdbluebell

I don't know how many of you are following this race, but this seems like something Free Jinger would like to discuss.

Herschel Walker is running for the Senate to represent the state of Georgia. He started out as a football player. He won the Heisman Trophy, when he played for University of Georgia, and had a very successful NFL career.

He is currently a very conservative Republican running on the current party's values/beliefs. He is also an evangelical Christian. 

Lately he has been facing allegations of abuse and allegation that he paid for an ex-girlfriend's abortion.

CNN actually interviewed Jesus and John Wayne author Kristin Kobes Du Mez, about Walker's popularity with evangelicals. (Link to the interview here.)

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 3

• Bluebirdbluebell changed the title to Herschel Walker- GA Senate Candidate
1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I don't know how many of you are following this race, but this seems like something Free Jinger would like to discuss.

Herschel Walker is running for the Senate to represent the state of Georgia. He started out as a football player. He won the Heisman Trophy, when he played for University of Georgia, and had a very successful NFL career.

He is currently a very conservative Republican running on the current party's values/beliefs. He is also an evangelical Christian. 

Lately he has been facing allegations of abuse and allegation that he paid for an ex-girlfriend's abortion.

CNN actually interviewed Jesus and John Wayne author Kristin Kobes Du Mez, about Walker's popularity with evangelicals. (Link to the interview here.)

He is an embarrassment, but he has trump support so mindless wahoos will vote for him. Guy took one too many hits in football. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

In many ways, Walker is a lot like Trump, who never played football.

I didn't realize that he has one child by his wife and since he started running for office, it's come out he has three other kids.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

In many ways, Walker is a lot like Trump, who never played football.

I didn't realize that he has one child by his wife and since he started running for office, it's come out he has three other kids.

I didn't hear that. 

• Upvote 1

I wish all of his kids Godspeed. I think his son is pretty brave for coming at him about the abortion. Hell, I think the woman is extremely brave for going public and bringing the receipts. Walker has no business holding any office - not even dog catcher. It is very clear he is not mentally stable or and please know I am not trying to be mean, intellectually capable of handling anything close to a political office. His lack of intellectual capacity alone should have made him a nonstarter well before he got this far and it’s a big smear on the Rs that he even got this far. But he is shockingly incapacitated- perhaps due to head trauma during his football career. He is also clearly a raging hypocrite and that was true before the abortion issue came to light. Knowing that the Rs, including Trump, still openly back him says everything about the party that needs to be said. They are willing to overlook everything to fill the right seats. But do tell me again about buttery males. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Georgia’s Lieutenant Governor:

I wish he’d develop a backbone and actually denounce Walker. 

More hypocrisy:

• Upvote 7

So he doesn’t know the mother of one of his children. 

image.jpeg.bc17d1f92a3778271556f48381ca168e.jpeg

• Upvote 7

“You’re not a ‘family man’ when you left us to bang a bunch of women, threatened to kill us, and had us move over 6 times in 6 months running from your violence,” Christian Walker, a conservative social-media influencer, said on Twitter Monday night.

Mr. Walker—who has said on the campaign trail that he opposes abortion without exceptions, even in cases of rape, incest or danger to a mother’s life—reimbursed a woman for an abortion he urged her to get when they were dating in 2009.

But he doesn't know who she is! But...

The Daily Beast reported that the woman was the mother of one of Walker's children; she told The Daily Beast that she had another child with Walker years after the abortion, despite Walker stating that it was not a convenient time for him to have a child, a sentiment he also raised prior to the abortion.

“Family values people, he has four kids, four different women,” Christian Walker said in a video posted Tuesday. “Wasn’t in the house raising one of them. He was out having sex with other women. Do you care about family values? I was silent lie after lie after lie. The abortion part drops yesterday, it’s literally his handwriting on the card. They say they have receipts, whatever. He gets on Twitter, he lies about it.”

His conservative son has all these things to say about him, when he could be supporting his campaign. That says a lot, I think.

He's also been accused of domestic abuse:

In filing for divorce in 2001, Walker's wife accused him of "physically abusive and extremely threatening behavior." After the divorce, she told the media that, during their marriage, Walker pointed a pistol at her head and said: "I'm going to blow your f'ing brains out." She also said he had used knives to threaten her. In 2005, a restraining order was imposed on Walker regarding Grossman, after Grossman's sister stated in an affidavit that Walker told her "unequivocally that he was going to shoot my sister Cindy and her [new] boyfriend in the head." As a result, a temporary gun-owning ban was also issued to Walker by a judge. Walker stated that he does not remember the assault or the threats and attributed his aberrant behavior with his wife and others to his dissociative identity disorder for which he was diagnosed in 2001.

Walker's positions:

On school shootings, he supports "a department that can look at young men that's looking at women that's looking at social media"

On gun control legislation, he said "what I like to do is see it and everything and stuff."

When asked whether Joe Biden had fairly defeated Donald Trump in Georgia, he says, "I have no clue". (Truest statement ever.)

On the environment: "Since we don't control the air, our good air decided to float over to China's bad air, so when China gets our good air, their bad air got to move," he said, continuing, "So it moves over to our good air space. Then, now, we got we to clean that back up." He also opposed the US Forestry Service's Urban and Community Forestry Program's funding, saying "Because a lot of money, it’s going to trees. Don’t we have enough trees around here?"

He opposes Trans rights: "they're telling the young kids in school, you can be a boy tomorrow even if you're a girl ... But I want the young kids to know you go to heaven. Jesus may not recognize you. Because he made you a boy. He made you a girl."

On gay marriage: he says same-sex marriage is "against stuff I believe in"

About fatherless households: he says they are a "major, major problem" in African-American communities. (despite having 3 children he didn't acknowledge until THIS YEAR who he obviously did not raise)

He claims to have Dissasicative Identity Disorder (formerly known as "multiple personality disorder".

I also am positive his brain is essentially goo at this point from repeated head injuries. Dude needs to be kept safe somewhere he can't wander off and hurt himself, not running for office.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 4

This made me laugh:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

6 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Georgia’s Lieutenant Governor:

I wish he’d develop a backbone and actually denounce Walker. 

More hypocrisy:

If every Republican knew there was baggage out there, then why didn't at least one Republican check things out before supporting his run for office?  This really doesn't look good for them (not that it should).  Are they really that desperate for candidates?

• Upvote 9

The "doctor" who diagnosed Walker with DID is ... something else.  There are several Oh No! Ross and Carrie episodes that deal with him, but this is the one about his connection to Walker.

• Upvote 2

A lot of words were uttered. Nothing was said. 

• Thank You 4

2 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

A lot of words were uttered. Nothing was said. 

My brain hurts. I need to go look at kittens on YouTube 

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

My brain hurts. I need to go look at kittens on YouTube 

Off topic—I thought this was cute:

image.thumb.png.7be31b0b124f378f0cd23d29af7ea8b2.png

• Haha 8
  • Love 6

Yeah, I wouldn’t want to be a member of his family. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

The sole debate between Warnock and Walker is tonight. The excerpts are …something. 

And George Takei for the win!

Edited by GreyhoundFan
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 3

Ooh, Ralph Reed got sucked in!

• Upvote 4

Second of all, I believe that any candidate running for public office should be willing and able to muster more decorum than a toddler playing stick-up.

• Upvote 6

28 minutes ago, Becky said:

How the hell is this race even close? *gobsmacked*

It shouldn't even be a race.  This is what happens when a corrupted party takes a crap on decency and standards and keeps a conditioned gang reliably playing along.

• Upvote 12