IGNORED

Joy & Austin 33: Pregnant Again

Coconut Flan

If she’s not doing the editing herself then I’m guessing it’s done by one of the lost boys at Duggar Studios. Sooo yeesh.

• Upvote 2

I’ll admit I watched the video because of the clickbait title. I didn’t expect the possibility of moving to LA to be addressed in depth, but i expected a throwaway comment. Silly me. Anyway, I didn’t need a video to answer that question. These two are far too country to even consider a move to LA. 

I found myself wondering what Jeremy and Austin could find to talk about while the sisters had their girls’ day. Literally the only things they have in common are God, penises, and marriage to a Duggar sister. Joy and Jinger seemed to enjoy seeing each other, and the kids obviously enjoyed playing together. However, it seemed like all they did was hang out together, go for coffee, and play with Jeremy’s expensive pizza oven. Didn’t they visit local attractions? Yes, they had small kids in tow, but they could have gone to kid-friendly sites. Or is this just me, always wanting to explore new places? 

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Same.  I hate this new trend with "influencers" to use click bait titles.  Such titles are the main reason I stopped following The Minimal Mom, because it was obvious she stopped caring about her message and started caring about the clicks and $.

Omg yeeesssssss.

I'm so tired of her. And yet I could use a weekly  down to earth "hey watch out for that junk accumulation" affirmation. 

Plus she's so consumerist sometimes. (Which is fine. But maybe not while constantly espousing that youre not)

4 hours ago, postscript said:

I’ll admit I watched the video because of the clickbait title. I didn’t expect the possibility of moving to LA to be addressed in depth, but i expected a throwaway comment. Silly me. Anyway, I didn’t need a video to answer that question. These two are far too country to even consider a move to LA. 

I found myself wondering what Jeremy and Austin could find to talk about while the sisters had their girls’ day. Literally the only things they have in common are God, penises, and marriage to a Duggar sister. Joy and Jinger seemed to enjoy seeing each other, and the kids obviously enjoyed playing together. However, it seemed like all they did was hang out together, go for coffee, and play with Jeremy’s expensive pizza oven. Didn’t they visit local attractions? Yes, they had small kids in tow, but they could have gone to kid-friendly sites. Or is this just me, always wanting to explore new places? 

I'm happy they just hung out and enjoyed each other. The kids are small and they don't see each other much. They can explore bougie coffee shops later! Haha

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Omg yeeesssssss.

I'm so tired of her. And yet I could use a weekly  down to earth "hey watch out for that junk accumulation" affirmation. 

Plus she's so consumerist sometimes. (Which is fine. But maybe not while constantly espousing that youre not)

Right? She is such a minimalist that they needed to finish out an entire other building on their property to turn into an office, nevermind that apparently her husband's shops/garages/barns are FILLED with tools, old cars, old car parts, and even more stuff. 

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 5

On 2/25/2023 at 10:28 AM, Jinder Roles said:

If you put one to mine I’d be #TeamJeremy🤢😷🫣. I hate him most off all fundie husbands but the man is diabolical. Very media savvy and calculated.  I hate when people execute their evil plans poorly(i.e Derick) 😂😂

*pukes, then exposes his hypocrisy to the world*

Lol. In all seriousness, though, D has been good for Jill overall. I don't think the same of J.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

• 3 weeks later...

I watched their Youtube video today. It was a Q+A. They said 4-5 kids total is what they are thinking. Austin didn't enjoy filming the show but he is fine with the YouTube videos. They prayed about the pants. They are planning to homeschool. She's 30 weeks and they have a list of ~5 names but won't name the baby until it is born.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

Joy was asked if she gets to have any sister time without the kids. She said yes, but her example was going on a “girls trip” with friends and her sister-in-law. I think the person wanted to know if she had close relationships with her actual sisters. And I think her answer was indirect, but telling. She had mentioned a month or two ago about becoming closer with Jinger and then followed up on that with videos and photos of their trip to visit the Vuolos in LA. I can’t recall any social media evidence of Joy with Jessa or Jill, but a lot with with her “Real Housewives of MedicCorps” group.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Joy was asked if she gets to have any sister time without the kids. She said yes, but her example was going on a “girls trip” with friends and her sister-in-law. I think the person wanted to know if she had close relationships with her actual sisters. And I think her answer was indirect, but telling. She had mentioned a month or two ago about becoming closer with Jinger and then followed up on that with videos and photos of their trip to visit the Vuolos in LA. I can’t recall any social media evidence of Joy with Jessa or Jill, but a lot with with her “Real Housewives of MedicCorps” group.

I really believe that the way the Duggars were raised and all that happened with Josh contributed to them not forming close relationships with their siblings. Those older girls were treated like servants. There likely wasn’t much time to develop true interpersonal relationships, and maybe those bonds were actually discouraged by JB and M. They certainly would not have wanted Jessa forming and directing a girl gang against them (JB and M) as an example. And look at how Jill and Joy responded to the first boy that showed interest in them. It must have been so foreign to be treated as an individual and to be cherished for who they are vs what job they could do. 

I think the Bateses are closer, but you can see that there are cliques that have formed within that large group of offspring.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

I also think it's hard to form friendships if you don't really have a concept of a self. 

From Jinger's book, she genuinely was on the OCD train of "am I making God mad and he will harm me?" in her daily life decisions as a teen. If that's the case, and you truly believe that, I don't think you head back up to the girls' room to bond over griping about Mom or Dad's rules. I think you are really just operating kind of like a robot and attempting to pray away your bad thoughts and desires. 

I just wonder if at a certain point when they're out with their own families, even being around each other is triggering. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

Now that both the Bates and Duggar shows are over, it’s extremely apparent as to which siblings are close and which are not. There are a lot of siblings who seem to only see one another in a huge group setting. Almost like your cousins. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

I can't imagine they could form tight bonds when you are expected to tell on each other constantly. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8

I bet the list of 5 names are all Bible names that haven’t been used by her family or close friends. My guess for the list of 5:

Simon/Simeon

Ezra

Ethan

Elias

Felix

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, JDuggs said:

At the same time, she doesn't owe anyone a friendship with her sisters (even them). The idea that they must be friends, because they're siblings is both a romantization of this family/culture and family in general. I also don't think it's entirely the parents fault if the kids aren't friends. I think JB and Michelle were/are lousy people and parents, but I don't think this is entirely their fault or even necesarily bad. Some people are really close with their siblings. Some people aren't. 

• Upvote 11

51 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet the list of 5 names are all Bible names that haven’t been used by her family or close friends. My guess for the list of 5:

Simon/Simeon

Ezra

Ethan

Elias

Felix

Felix, the cat!  
the wonderful,wonderful cat!  
You’ll laugh so much,
your sides will ache,    
your heart will go pitter-pat,  
watching Felix,  
the wonderful cat!

(He was a tuxedo kitty in a Saturday morning cartoon a long, long time ago.)

Edited by Bastet
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 4

I grew up in a loving, intact, family with one sister two years younger than me.  She's been in prison for the past two years, but I can't remember the last time I spoke to her prior to that.  She's called me a total of one time, when she couldn't get ahold of my mother and was worried.  I've never called her.    I don't know what is going on in her life (prior to prison, of course) and I don't really care.  I'm assuming she doens't care what is going on in mine either.  When my mother passes, we will probably never speak again.
This has nothing to do with my parents, who encouraged closeness and love between us.  We were just born oil and water, no two ways about it.  Some siblings do not like each other, and just is what it is.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 11

5 hours ago, Inthemadhouse said:

I grew up in a loving, intact, family with one sister two years younger than me.  She's been in prison for the past two years, but I can't remember the last time I spoke to her prior to that.  She's called me a total of one time, when she couldn't get ahold of my mother and was worried.  I've never called her.    I don't know what is going on in her life (prior to prison, of course) and I don't really care.  I'm assuming she doens't care what is going on in mine either.  When my mother passes, we will probably never speak again.
This has nothing to do with my parents, who encouraged closeness and love between us.  We were just born oil and water, no two ways about it.  Some siblings do not like each other, and just is what it is.

I don’t even think you need to actually dislike a sibling to have nothing to do with them. I am pretty close to all of my siblings but one. I care for that one as much as I care for any person I know,  but we just have zero desire to hang out or even communicate. No idea what they think of me and really don’t care. We didn’t grow up together, but that hasn’t stopped me being close with their full blood sibling. 🤷‍♀️

• Upvote 5

Also, when it comes to Joy, she was always ‘the baby’ within the girls group. I think it is really hard to get rid of these dynamics and get a full equal relationship with your sisters.

Jana, Jill and Jessa, and to some extent even Jinger, were more equal to each other in the family hierarchy.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 17

I have two siblings, both fairly close in age (2.5 years and 4 years older than me respectively), and we all grew up together in a loving family. One is my best friend, we currently live together (so my kids are growing up alongside their cousins almost like siblings) and we obviously talk daily, about anything and everything going on in our lives. The other is fine, we get along well and catch up maybe twice a year. 

In my own kids, they all love and care about each other, but it’s not hard to see even at a young age that they have different personalities. My introverted eldest has started to drift from the other two, not because of anything I’m doing (or not doing), just because he prefers his own company. 

Am I recalling right that as a child, Joy seemed close to some of her brothers?

• Upvote 8

I am one of 8, the first kid in the second family…mom had 6 kids, was widowed, then remarried and had me and my sister.  I was close to the youngest brother til I became an adult and then just faded away. I wouldn’t have known the 2nd oldest if I saw him on the street, I think in adulthood we spoke a half dozen times. I talk to the oldest once a year, hunting season he comes down here to my sisters farm. My older sister died in 2009, I miss her every day.

my younger  sister spoke to me the first time since July 2014 this week. She was pissed at me and pitched a fit in my kitchen, said she’d never speak to me again and stomped out. About a year ago she friended me on FB.  We ran into each other in 2 different stores this week.. odd. She’s batshit crazy and I’m going very slow.

tldr: families are weird. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

13 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

At the same time, she doesn't owe anyone a friendship with her sisters (even them). The idea that they must be friends, because they're siblings is both a romantization of this family/culture and family in general. I also don't think it's entirely the parents fault if the kids aren't friends. I think JB and Michelle were/are lousy people and parents, but I don't think this is entirely their fault or even necesarily bad. Some people are really close with their siblings. Some people aren't. 

I so agree that there’s some romanticization about siblings being friends. The popularity of word art, sentiments such as “Family Is Everything” on walls in so many homes insists on reinforcing the idea that tis nobler to put up with shitty relatives than to assert yourself and develop better boundaries. 

3 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Also, when it comes to Joy, she was always ‘the baby’ within the girls group. I think it is really hard to get rid of these dynamics and get a full equal relationship with your sisters.

Jana, Jill and Jessa, and to some extent even Jinger, were more equal to each other in the family hierarchy.

Totally. I am the youngest of my sisters and even through middle age they still treat me rather kid-like, as if they’re much more knowledgeable than me. Those dynamics from years ago never left. Several years ago, one sister deceived me in such a way that showed me she did not see me as an equal but as less-than. It changed our relationship and not in a good way. 

One thing with my siblings is none of them really reach out to just chat or meet up. We’re not mad at each other and help out in time of trouble or need, but otherwise, we are simply going about daily life. 

A bizarre dynamic developed when my parents lives fell apart and two sisters in the middle of the pack became the “adults” and kept the family going. But even after both parents passed years ago, the 2 sisters continue in this role acting like they are mother and father to the rest of us, even tho both are married. It’s strange. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 5

My husband had the best parents. He is the youngest of 6 in an Irish-Catholic family. They are all close in age but he’s not close to his siblings whatsoever. I’m an only child and used to want siblings but after living with him and knowing his family I’m glad I don’t.

• Upvote 2

I read something that said proximity is the best determining factor of your social group or closest friend when you are young. Which is very true for my kids. They almost exclusively play with the kids who live on our street. Because they aren’t allowed to go far to look for someone to play with. This was true for me as a kid as well. I mostly played with friends who lived close to my home and if I got along well with a friend at school that lived all the way across town, I only saw that friend at school. So we couldn’t become closer outside of school. I think the same thing happens with isolated homeschooling fundie kids. Their only choice is to be best friends with their siblings. But once they grow up and move out, they can finally choose their own friends. And it’s obvious who many of these young adult fundies are choosing. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7

On 3/18/2023 at 12:02 AM, gobucks said:

They prayed about the pants. 

Future thread title

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 3

14 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Future thread title

I wonder what praying about the pants sounds like.
"Dear Lord, please give us direction on if Joy should wear pants. We know there is war going on, and natural disasters all over the place, hunger, poverty, violence - but pants, Lord - should she wear pants?" 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic