IGNORED

The Handmaid’s Tale - Season 5

adidas

Is anyone watching?

At the end of last season I decided it would have to be super special to get me to tune in.

But I was bored and tired yesterday so I thought I’d watch the first episode to see if it was decent. I was hooked and I’m all caught up in less than 24 hours 🤣

The director has said that next season will be the last, and the The Testaments will be made as a spinoff. 

This season has me hooked as well. Serena, making no bones about the fact that she is truly irredeemable. I always thought she was but so many fans kept clinging to a redemption arc. 

• Upvote 1

Nice twists and turns this season! Serena is my favorite villain, she always gets so caught up in her ideas of power, being completely blind to the reality that she willingly gave hers away. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It has been a good season. Not the best but certainly not the worst.

The producer has said that season 6 will be the last and then production will move to The Testaments. 

• Upvote 1

I think this is one of my favorite seasons. Less gore, less looooonnnngggg focus on June’s face. Trade off is not as much suspense.
Kind of loving the moral progress and regression in fits and starts of some of the main players of the development of  Gilead. It poses interesting questions — the world was legitimately dying due to very, very, few babies being born . They thought this radical disruption and alteration of the entire social structure would cure it. In some ways they were right - they DO have more births. BUT the cost is enormous, the system itself is untenably cruel. How do they reconcile their parts in that? 

• I Agree 1