IGNORED

Needle and Hook Storage — Hit me with your suggestions

Destiny

I’ve started yarncrafting again, and I’m amassing quite the collection of notions — hooks, circular needles, straight needles, tapestry needles for weaving, cable needles, etc, etc, etc. What are you guys doing to store this in an organized fashion? Any links or suggestions for things you have purchased would be gratefully accepted. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

I’ve started yarncrafting again, and I’m amassing quite the collection of notions — hooks, circular needles, straight needles, tapestry needles for weaving, cable needles, etc, etc, etc. What are you guys doing to store this in an organized fashion? Any links or suggestions for things you have purchased would be gratefully accepted. 

For basic notions I use a lot of makeup bags. I also use altoid-type tins to store things in my project bags. 

I use interchangeable circulars so I buy cases off Etsy. Grace’s Cases makes them for regular circulars too, I think. (Etsy isn’t working for me now or I’d give you others.)

• Thank You 1

Thank you! I’d never heard of this shop. 

I’d love a nice interchangeable set but the set for my preferred needle vendor (Chigoo) is shockingly expensive. 

I like Denise for interchangeable needles. They only go down to a 5. They really stand by their product. After a few years, the needles started detaching from the cord. I emailed them and asked for suggestions to fix it. They sent me all new cords, no charge. They also come in a case.

• Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I like Denise for interchangeable needles. They only go down to a 5. They really stand by their product. After a few years, the needles started detaching from the cord. I emailed them and asked for suggestions to fix it. They sent me all new cords, no charge. They also come in a case.

I’ve never heard of this brand. How is the quality of the cords? The reason i freeking LOVE Chigoo is their cords are freeking impossible to tangle, and don’t do any annoying twisty shenanigans. 

The cords are quite thick, which is why they can't go lower than a 5. They don't tangle. They're made in the USA.