IGNORED

Dillards 92: Prosecuting All Of Us

samurai_sarah

• 3 weeks later...

A few days ago Jill had a pic in her Instagram story with a hashtag supporting the current protests in Iran. 

Unfortunately I didn't take a screenshot, maybe someone else did? 

I thought it was very interesting, because the protest are for womens rights. Something the quiverfull movement needs too. 

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, flowergirl said:

A few days ago Jill had a pic in her Instagram story with a hashtag supporting the current protests in Iran. 

Unfortunately I didn't take a screenshot, maybe someone else did? 

I thought it was very interesting, because the protest are for womens rights. Something the quiverfull movement needs too. 

If Jill supports Iran women's rights, good for her. I wonder if she can see the similarity with Gothard forcing girls to wear long wavy hair or not showing their knees. 

I'm a bit lost with Dillards. Do we know if the boys are going to school? Are they homeschooled again? 

• Upvote 8

I think a lot of fundies would look at the protests in Iran, and completely fail to see how it relates to modesty culture in their cult. To me modesty culture is modesty culture. Whether you are told to cover your head/hair, knees, or shoulders. If you are told to cover your body because men can’t control themselves, then it’s all the same to me. But I doubt most fundies see it that way. 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 9

To be fair, fundy modesty culture is not the same as what is happening in Iran.  No fundy would be imprisoned or beat to death if their skirt is too short or they cut their hair, and if it did happen there would be legal consequences for the offender.  In Iran it is the legal authorities who are doing the killing under the law.   

• Upvote 22

Morality law and prison.. would fundies or other rigid rights support that? Hope we never have to find out !

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

To be fair, fundy modesty culture is not the same as what is happening in Iran.  No fundy would be imprisoned or beat to death if their skirt is too short or they cut their hair, and if it did happen there would be legal consequences for the offender.  In Iran it is the legal authorities who are doing the killing under the law.   

Right. American fundies would administer the punishments and penalties for dressing like a stumbling block themselves, rather than leaving enforcement of morals and virtue up to the government. /partial sarcasm

• Upvote 9

Many fundies do believe laws should be governed by their religious beliefs and vote that way. They believe the US is a Christian country and laws should reflect that. Thankfully enough vote against those types of beliefs. But they did overturn Roe based on Christianity. People can deny it was based on religion but it obviously was. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 6

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Many fundies do believe laws should be governed by their religious beliefs and vote that way. They believe the US is a Christian country and laws should reflect that. Thankfully enough vote against those types of beliefs. But they did overturn Roe based on Christianity. People can deny it was based on religion but it obviously was. 

Yes but for how long? I fear the conservative right is trying to do whatever it can, no matter how highly illegal or what lowliest quality of candidates get voted into office, to gain power and will then proceed to make Christian Nationalism the law of the land. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 7

2 minutes ago, Cam said:

Yes but for how long? I fear the conservative right is trying to do whatever it can, no matter how highly illegal or what lowliest quality of candidates get voted into office, to gain power and will then proceed to make Christian Nationalism the law of the land. 

I guess we will see how things are going in November. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Cam said:

I told my husband if we were in a purple or red state, I could run for office having no experience just by aligning myself with these wahoos. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I told my husband if we were in a purple or red state, I could run for office having no experience just by aligning myself with these wahoos. 

I’m so grateful I live in a very blue state, I’m isolated from those wack-a-dos. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I’m so grateful I live in a very blue state, I’m isolated from those wack-a-dos. 

I'm in a blue state and one of those wackos is running for governor. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 3

16 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I try to look at the bright side of living in a state that isn’t blue. I make sure my husband and I always vote and we usually vote for democratic candidates. I don’t want this state going very red. 

• Upvote 4

We had local elections all throughout New Zealand last week. Almost every town/city swung more to the right which I personally found upsetting. Then I read something about how few wackadoodles managed to get elected and suddenly more conservative didn’t seem so bad. Of the 4 known ones in my area, none made it even near what the winning numbers were. But we ousted the green mayor we had 🤷‍♀️

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I'm a bit lost with Dillards. Do we know if the boys are going to school? Are they homeschooled again? 

Jill didn't post anything about Israel going back to school this fall or Sam starting school. She's posted multiple pictures on weekdays of her kids at home during normal school hours. She also hasn't responded to any comments on Instagram asking if she's homeschooling again.

Personally, I think that she is homeschooling. Presumably because it's easier for her to do than coordinating drop-offs and pick-ups from two different schools for Sam and Israel with a newborn and while recovering from gallbladder surgery, with Derek at work all day. I hope this is just a one-year thing and she sends them back to public school next year.

• Upvote 15

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think a lot of fundies would look at the protests in Iran, and completely fail to see how it relates to modesty culture in their cult. To me modesty culture is modesty culture. Whether you are told to cover your head/hair, knees, or shoulders. If you are told to cover your body because men can’t control themselves, then it’s all the same to me. But I doubt most fundies see it that way. 

A lot of right-wing people also see the Iran protests as the population over there rejecting the teachings of Islams. Which is absolutely not the case. Women (and now the youth in general) are rejecting forced theocracy, discrimination against women and dictatorial laws. Most people in Iran will continue to identify as Muslims. I hope Jill and some former fundies can see the difference.

Edited by Vivi_music
Typo
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3

On 10/12/2022 at 9:37 PM, indianabones said:

Jill didn't post anything about Israel going back to school this fall or Sam starting school. She's posted multiple pictures on weekdays of her kids at home during normal school hours. She also hasn't responded to any comments on Instagram asking if she's homeschooling again.

Personally, I think that she is homeschooling. Presumably because it's easier for her to do than coordinating drop-offs and pick-ups from two different schools for Sam and Israel with a newborn and while recovering from gallbladder surgery, with Derek at work all day. I hope this is just a one-year thing and she sends them back to public school next year.

Maybe they got smart and don't want to post any identifying info about the school for safety. I think Siloam elementary is K-4 so the boys would be at the same school. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Grace said:

Maybe they got smart and don't want to post any identifying info about the school for safety. I think Siloam elementary is K-4 so the boys would be at the same school. 

There is no Siloam Elementary. Here's Wikipedia's list of the schools in their district and their respective grades.

Screenshot_20221017-115355-811.thumb.png.66c6f3e4512ed6eee20d0d20c6276119.png

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

There is no Siloam Elementary. Here's Wikipedia's list of the schools in their district and their respective grades.

Screenshot_20221017-115355-811.thumb.png.66c6f3e4512ed6eee20d0d20c6276119.png

If they stay in this school district and if they didn’t send the boys to PS because of the split school situation, from the chart above the boys wouldn’t be in the same school until HS. If these kids aren’t in a brick and mortar school, I would be very disappointed in D Dillard’s decision making. Maybe his mom is schooling the boys? If so, that would make me feel more confident that the boys might be getting a decent academic educational start. Jill has made many strides since her marriage, but I just don’t think she has the skills or knowledge to educate multiple children. 

• Upvote 9

I imagine Derick is seething now that Jinjer have beaten him to the punch with the Duggar IBLP horror stories. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I imagine Derick is seething now that Jinjer have beaten him to the punch with the Duggar IBLP horror stories. 

Do tell

• Upvote 1

On 10/17/2022 at 12:25 PM, SassyPants said:

If they stay in this school district and if they didn’t send the boys to PS because of the split school situation, from the chart above the boys wouldn’t be in the same school until HS. If these kids aren’t in a brick and mortar school, I would be very disappointed in D Dillard’s decision making. Maybe his mom is schooling the boys? If so, that would make me feel more confident that the boys might be getting a decent academic educational start. Jill has made many strides since her marriage, but I just don’t think she has the skills or knowledge to educate multiple children. 

It could just be for right now. They have had just a metric ton of change in less than a year. Maybe slowing down and taking a slower approach while they all adjusted to the new home, baby, Dad's new job, Mom’s recovery from surgery etc  etc might make sense. The oldest is only in 2nd grade, the younger is in K, I’m sure Jill could handle that. Especially if One or both of the boys were having a rough time with the changes. 

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic