IGNORED

RIP Louise Fletcher

Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing

Actress Louise Fletcher passed away September 23, she was 88. She is best known for her Academy Award winning performance in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, in which she portrayed Nurse Ratchet.

• Thank You 1

I just heard about Fletcher's passing

Tributes have poured in for Oscar-winning actor Louise Fletcher who has passed away at her home in France aged 88 after a career in movies and TV that spanned decades.

Fletcher is perhaps best known for her role as Nurse Ratched in the 1975 movie One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest where she starred alongside Jack Nicholson.

She won an Oscar for Best Actress for that performance and became the first person to use sign language during an Oscars acceptance speech at the 48th Academy Awards in 1976. Both her parents were deaf and she spoke to them directly from the stage.

Fletcher later had a recurring role as Bajoran religious leader Kai Winn in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine from 1993 to 1999. Her character played a prominent role as an antagonist, turning into a major villain toward the show's end.

Being born in 1975 my memory of Fletcher was primarily as Kai Winn in DS9.  She did a great job portraying the equivalent of an evil space pope.

Edited by 47of74
  • I Agree 1