IGNORED

The Queen/Prince Philip

viii

Yeah, they’re definitely young but not innocent about their status in life. In the funeral videos, Charlotte is seen reminding George when to bow. They know their place in life and why wouldn’t they? They’re incredibly privileged. I’m sure they have fellow rich friends but I doubt their classmates are taking helicopter rides every weekend to their third home. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

A lot more appropriate than checking your watch.--looking at you, Mike Tindall!  We know it's a long service, but come on! No checking your watch. Now the Palace has to pressure news outlets to delete the video.894565153_checkingwatch.png.d1d258bc0d4c8b3b0fd01052249e4894.png.

No, they're not. Not little George, anyhow. He's starting to throw his weight around pretty early. The British press seems to find this behavior to be adorable. ??

"Watch out"? Is George threatening to behead them?

395348311_dadking.png.2c678255cf02efb8d9548595ff5892c2.png

Oh, look, Killjoy is back. We missed you.

I'm lying. We didn't. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 15

On 9/27/2022 at 6:37 AM, viii said:

Yeah, they’re definitely young but not innocent about their status in life. In the funeral videos, Charlotte is seen reminding George when to bow. They know their place in life and why wouldn’t they? They’re incredibly privileged. I’m sure they have fellow rich friends but I doubt their classmates are taking helicopter rides every weekend to their third home. 

They are privileged but Charlotte reminding George to bow is a bad example for that. Two very young kids were at that very public funeral for hours and were obligated to act a certain way and they knew it. That‘s not privilege and it would not be expected from most of their classmates.  I can only hope they were asked if they wanted to attend. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, prayawaythefundie said:

They are privileged but Charlotte reminding George to bow is a bad example for that. Two very young kids were at that very public funeral for hours and were obligated to act a certain way and they knew it. That‘s not privilege and it would not be expected from most of their classmates.  I can only hope they were asked if they wanted to attend. 

I disagree, though. The Queen had a lot of great-grandchildren and while a handful of them were at the funeral, only George and Charlotte were front and center. They walked in separately with their parents and they rode in cars behind the coffin. That is privilege, even with a funeral. 

28 minutes ago, viii said:

I disagree, though. The Queen had a lot of great-grandchildren and while a handful of them were at the funeral, only George and Charlotte were front and center. They walked in separately with their parents and they rode in cars behind the coffin. That is privilege, even with a funeral. 

But do kids that age see privilege in that? I would guess they felt pressure / were nervous.

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

George and Charlotte and Co are massively privileged, but with their privilege comes a huge amount of responsibility, even from a young age.  Their equally privileged peers will not have that same level of responsibility.  Unlike the fabulously wealthy children of lesser known people, they face an enormous amount of scrutiny from a very young age.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

On 9/27/2022 at 12:42 PM, tabitha2 said:

Exactly with a good amount of this Humble Paragon of Virtue… Just imagine her saying Racism instead of Satan  ;) 

68AF0D25-9D99-4D21-8898-273A43F22D43.png

Hey! Doxxing is against the rules!!

• Haha 8

Also her time of death was 3:10.  As suspected, only Anne and Charles was at her side when she passed.  Her other two children and William were in the air when she passed away. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

8 minutes ago, TN-peach said:

As suspected, only Anne and Charles was at her side when she passed. 

That’s what I thought. Their were conflicting reports on who was their & who was on the way. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, TN-peach said:

Also her time of death was 3:10.  As suspected, only Anne and Charles was at her side when she passed.  Her other two children and William were in the air when she passed away. 

So that would've been about 9:10am US central time.  I wasn't exactly comfortable with talk of how she had already passed before the official word came out and doctors were still saying she was under "medical supervision" then, but I guess that turned out to pretty much be the case.

• Upvote 2

Maybe now people can stop blaming Harry for the rest of them being "late". 

And I'm not surprised that she was dead for a while before it was announced - there are a lot of moving parts and a lot of people have to be notified. I suspected she was dead around 9:00 am my local time (which is 4:00 pm UK time) because my friend's mother in the UK works high government and she said she could tell by her mother's behavior that the worst had already happened. 

I'm also not surprised they listed old age to give her dignity. From my understand, old age is not a common cause of death in the UK and they're usually a lot more specific. However, for Philip and Elizabeth both, they were granted old age as COD. 

• Upvote 4

As soon as “breaking news” that the Queen’s health had taken a turn preempted regular programming here in CA, I just assumed everyone knew she had already passed. And of course that was exactly the case. I wonder why they didn’t just let Charles come out and announce it, but I guess there was all that protocol and pomp and circ to consider.

• Upvote 3

My mother-in-law took almost all day to die.  She would take a breath every few minutes, until she finally just didn't take the next one.  That could have been part of how the Queen passed away.  

• Upvote 3

They had people to notify and things to do before the public announcement.  I was waiting for the death announcement after the medical advisory. Three hours isn't bad, but a bit longer than US people might be used to having.  

• Upvote 7

Exactly. They had to inform not only the UK government but every government that is part of the Commonwealth as well. That takes a bit of time. 3 hours is actually pretty impressive that's all it took but I guess much longer and something was bound to leak. 

• Upvote 5

I think they waited until 4:30 to notify the Prime Minister.  I think they really wanted to try to notify family first before they notified government and started all of the official the Queen is dead protocol. 

• Upvote 7

There is a lot of family in Britain not mention on the Continent to contact and can’t just call or text the King of Belgium or Sweden for example with news like that. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 2

On 9/18/2022 at 9:26 AM, SoSoNosy said:

There was a picture of the Queen holding Charlotte (I think) on her lap, and all the children gathered around her; Louise and James were standing behind them.  Mia had been acting up, and the Queen told her to hold the handbag; Mia did, and the picture was taken.  Not an informal picture, for sure.  And most were great-grandchildren.

That was one of my favorite pictures. She just looked like a happy granny with her grand and great-grand kids. And Mia was adorable. She looks so proud to hold the purse.

image.png.92e8283b3e0479bd5afdaa7cf9e33417.png

• Upvote 3
  • Love 5

That is such a sweet picture, and to know that grannie knew exactly how to calm Mia down is priceless.

I read (that's a theme song of mine, isn't it?) that Harry is frantically rewriting his tell-all book; the paper says he never expected the British public to love Charles and Camilla, and William and Kate as much as they do.  What did he think?  That everybody was still all up in the air over "Daddy cut me OFF!!!"?

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, viii said:

I'm also not surprised they listed old age to give her dignity. From my understand, old age is not a common cause of death in the UK and they're usually a lot more specific. However, for Philip and Elizabeth both, they were granted old age as COD. 

I saw my maternal grandma's death certificate and it was pretty specific as to the primary cause of death as well as contributing factors.  I suspect the ones for the other three grandparents were also just as detailed.  But what it basically boiled down to with my grandparents was old age.  Three of my grandparents were right around 90 when they passed and the fourth was 76 when he went back in 1980.  I think especially with the three that passed around 90 - which occurred within the past 20 years - it was just their time to go and their bodies shut down.

• Upvote 3

There are medical articles these days acknowledging that it's a valid and reasonable cause of death for the frail and very elderly such as Elizabeth and Philip.  Otherwise you can have the used to be ubiquitous heart failure.  

• Upvote 3