IGNORED

Seriously Steve 4: Judging and Hating

Coconut Flan

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So.very.true. Jill absolutely refuses to change a single thing. I picture her in 30 years traveling around with David in the RV, wearing the same long tight skirts, with the same teased hair, and the same thick black eyeliner. Visiting each adult child while expecting them to take her out to dinner every night. Even if they are poor and have 10 kids. 

These mega reproducers are all the same. They all think they deserve extras and to be pampered just because they refused to use BC and ended up birthing an army. Maybe they should take their pleas to the cult leader who convinced them to stop using their brains. Do these people not realize that ANY, fertile COUPLE could have boatloads of kids? There is no skill involved. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

These mega reproducers are all the same. They all think they deserve extras and to be pampered just because they refused to use BC and ended up birthing an army. Maybe they should take their pleas to the cult leader who convinced them to stop using their brains. Do these people not realize that ANY, fertile COUPLE could have boatloads of kids? There is no skill involved. 

I think Jill and Braggie are the queens of this. They both think everyone should bow down to their superior birth canals anytime they enter a room. 

• Upvote 9

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Jill and Braggie are the queens of this. They both think everyone should bow down to their superior birth canals anytime they enter a room. 

I'm surprised that neither of them have problems with their uteruses or bladders. You can't keep abusing your reproductive tract not expect problems in the future. They don't deserve an award for being so fertile because they neglected their children. 

/rant over 
Major crabby tonight. I'm going through tons of bladder issues (though my sling is still working) with spasms. Back on the ooey gooey estrogen cream 3x a week. Hopefully I can get the botox injections and actually wear real underwear again. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 16

Tonight Seriously, Dad? is the sequel to last week and it's as dumb as I thought it would be. It's called "What is the Difference?" and it's from February 8, 2023.

Section 1: 

Consider two Christians who both do the exact same things:
A B
Reads his Bible and prays everyday Reads his Bible and prays everyday
Goes to church 3 times a week Goes to church 3 times a week
Doesn’t drink alcohol Doesn’t drink alcohol
Doesn’t do x, y, and z Doesn’t do x, y, and z
On and on …. On and on ….

It would be easier to read this if this was a proper table/chart. It needs gridlines. Basically Christians A and B do the exact same things. Also I would center the line in the middle and just print etc. instead of "On and on.... On and on..."

Section 2: 

Which one is the legalist? Since Scripture doesn’t use the term legalist, but it is commonly used among professing Christians, we ought to clarify our definition of legalism used here in context. Perhaps it would be fair to say the legalist is the one who makes those choices to look good to others and/or earn favor with God. The other man, who does the exact same things as the legalist, makes his choices out of love for his Lord Jesus and the desire to please Him. The legalist serves himself and the other his God. “Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts” (Proverbs 21:2). 

Yes, I said this last week. I said that if you genuinely love God and reading the bible, there's no reason not to if you are able to do it. However love cannot be forced and some people don't want to read the bible every day. There is more than one way to serve the lord. Also both people are making choices to serve and earn favor with God. 

Section 3:

The difference between the two is not seen in actions but in heart motives. The Lord knows which it is because He looks at the heart of man. The legalist is self-centered while the other, who seeks to please God, is God-centered. The legalist does good things or restricts himself from the world to earn praise from God or others. Obviously, no one other than the Lord can know the motives of a man’s heart. “Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity” (Matthew 23:28). 

Yes, but you also have a problem with people who don't serve God the way you do. You can't have it both ways, Steve. Either everyone should read the bible and worship God the way you do or only you and a few-like minded people who truly love God like you do should have to abide by your stupid legalist rules! You can not force someone to have emotions they don't feel. Plenty of people have struggled with faith and left churches, because they couldn't feel God in the way their church demanded. You need to figure out if it's more important to follow your stupid rules or the rules should only apply to those who love God in the exact way you do.

Section 4: 

“And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him” (John 8:29). Jesus said, “…follow Me” (Matthew 16:24). 

See above. Also Jesus is speaking about himself in John 8:29. He is predicting his own death. He is not trying to force others to follow or saying we should do this. You live a pretty cushy live compared to Jesus. You have a nice house, food, family, etc. 

Section 5: 

Brothers, may we follow Him to please Him, because we love Him Who died for us.

Again, see my rant above. I was surprised this column made me so angry, but his hypocrisy and self-contradiction really annoyed me. He wants people to be motivated to do exactly like him and yet they must do only if they truly love God. 

Here's some quote from what I said last week:

On 2/1/2023 at 4:51 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Oh, joy! I'm looking forward to next week. I genuinely want to see what Steve says. My prediction is: that he will defend it by saying that reading the bible by saying it's motivated by love of God or necessary as food. He will quote 1 Peter 2:2 and Psalms 1:2.

He didn't quote his favorite verses or equate it to needing food, but I was right that it comes down to being motivated by love of God.  He is predictable.

Fifth Paragraph:

“And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him” (Colossians 3:17).

This verse actually implies you don't need to read the bible every day. You can do lots of things to honor God, raise a family, pain pictures, make music, write poetry, play sports, learn science, etc. Interesting choice, Steve!

See you next week!

Sorry the quote box is messed up, but the point is their more than one to honor God. That still stands. You can love God and find other ways to serve him, besides being like Steve. Steve can't admit that.  There are four types of people in the world: those who love God and be a fanatic, those who love God and serve in other ways, those who don't love God but still participate in religion and those who don't love God and don't want to be religious. More people are legalistic like Steve and can't admit it, which is why this country is such a mess. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

From Seriously Dad (emphasis added):

The difference between the two is not seen in actions but in heart motives. The Lord knows which it is because He looks at the heart of man. The legalist is self-centered while the other, who seeks to please God, is God-centered. The legalist does good things or restricts himself from the world to earn praise from God or others. Obviously, no one other than the Lord can know the motives of a man’s heart. “Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity” (Matthew 23:28). 

Question for Steve -- what do you think the Lord sees when he looks into YOUR heart? A God-centered man, who exudes the lovingkindness of the Lord or a self-centered legalist?

• Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 1

19 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Question for Steve -- what do you think the Lord sees when he looks into YOUR heart? A God-centered man, who exudes the lovingkindness of the Lord or a self-centered legalist?

Steve has answered this question. Steve has stated more than once that he is motivated by the love of God. It doesn't matter whether we believe his motives, that's his opinion of what drives him.

I think his actual motivation isn't love of the Lord or a self-centeredness, but fear. He fears God and he fears sin, weakness, etc. He doesn't actually believe God is loving or kind. In his mind, the Lord sends nice, otherwise good people to hell for not being Christians or the right kind of Christians or not being devout enough Christians, etc. He's scared of losing his faith, etc. 

• Upvote 9

Steve says he does what he does because he loves God.

He also is saying that anyone who chooses to do the exact same things but with the wrong motivations (in his mind) doesn't love God. 

But, the thing is, he loves God because he believes that if he doesn't he (and everyone else who doesn't) will be tossed into hellfire for all eternity once they die. Love isn't love if it's motivated by fear, Steve. 

Steve sees God as a loving, doting, wonderful caring father... who will cast you into a lake of fire to roast in agony forever and ever if you don't "love" him. And do so exactly how he expects you to. And live so that other people can see how much you love him, and come to love him too. Which means following exactly the rules set out for you in exactly the right way AND with exactly the right mindset at all times. Except nobody in the world can agree on exactly what pisses God off enough to damn you to hell. 

Except Steve. 

He hopes.

• Upvote 11

I think Steve Maxwell thinks he better then G-d. Yet I don’t see him out helping others or volunteering for charities. All he cares about is spreading his believes to people who don’t want to listen to him. I think he’s also afraid they if he doesn’t spend hours a day praying he’s going to end up in hell. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 2/3/2023 at 8:52 PM, anniebgood said:

I'm surprised that neither of them have problems with their uteruses or bladders. You can't keep abusing your reproductive tract not expect problems in the future. They don't deserve an award for being so fertile because they neglected their children. 

/rant over 
Major crabby tonight. I'm going through tons of bladder issues (though my sling is still working) with spasms. Back on the ooey gooey estrogen cream 3x a week. Hopefully I can get the botox injections and actually wear real underwear again. 

I’ve had kids & I can hardly make it to the bathroom 🤣 I’d never get lost with my pee spots lol.  Joking aside, a woman’s body goes through so much.  How the Duggar mom or Kelly jo had so many, is beyond me. Now I’m gonna go get my depends on. 😳 making it to the bathroom is a joke.  I have a week bladder lol

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Lista said:

I’ve had kids & I can hardly make it to the bathroom 🤣 I’d never get lost with my pee spots lol.  Joking aside, a woman’s body goes through so much.  How the Duggar mom or Kelly jo had so many, is beyond me. Now I’m gonna go get my depends on. 😳 making it to the bathroom is a joke.  I have a week bladder lol

I've been wearing Depends for a long time. My GYN/URO did my sling in 2020, and she then got dx'ed with breast cancer. When she finally got back to practicing the medical group (Optum) let her go. They basically cleaned house and left 2 NPs. I needed specialized care so I got referred to another OB/GYN who referred me to another URO/GYN. The gods must have been listening because my old doc is now in that practice. She walked in the room and said I know you! I was so glad to see her. Hopefully we can get my spasms cooled down and they can request the botox. I think my bladder deserves it just as much as some young perky influencer , even more so. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 8

This week's Seriously, Dad is annoying and silly and lives up to the thread title.  It's called Grace Wrongly Applied and it's from February 15, 2023. 

First Paragraph:

If you share Christ regularly, you come to the awareness of how many “good” people there are in this world.

Yes, there are many "good" people in the world, particularly among public nuisances who insist on sharing Christ with people with limited interest. 

They go on to say that God is loving, and He will take all their good works into consideration when they want to go to heaven. Yet, believers who read their Bibles know God has a different standard and does not grade on the curve. “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). 

Most tell me confidently either they are a good person, or they do good things.

I'm amazed to talk to you and in a kindly way. They must have something going for you if they listen to your God spiel and try to reason with you. I'd have told you off years ago.

They go on to say that God is loving, and He will take all their good works into consideration when they want to go to heaven. Yet, believers who read their Bibles know God has a different standard and does not grade on the curve. “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). 

Actually believers recently came up with a television ad campaign in which they're telling "He (meaning God) gets us." This ad pissed off pretty much everybody as the left thinks it's empty-sloganing paid with money that could have gone to helping people as Jesus would have wanted and the right thinks it's too liberal and compassionate a view of God. Kristen Nicole Young was upset! But the point that God sees us and accepts us. It aired during the SuperBowl and it was paid by your (Steve's) heroes the religious jerks who own Hobby Lobby (link).. Steve and Teri take their grandkids to Hobby Lobby so you're help paying for an ad that says God gets us and implies God sees us and accepts us as we are. And it aired during the biggest sporting and entertainment event of the year. Ah what you miss when you don't have television!

Second Paragraph:

Similarly (but not a matter of Heaven or Hell), I’ve found when talking with professing believers, making worldly choices, they don’t say, “I’m worldly, and I like it that way.” They usually say “I’m free in Christ. He paid for my sin, and I am accepted in His blood. I walk in grace.” Our position in Christ is one thing, yet God has called us to seek a holy life while on earth. 

Yes, you can believe in theology and still have a life with other interests! Jesus only ministered for the last three years of his life. He must have doing something during the first 30 years and we only have brief snippets.   The people you're talking to go to church, read the bible, and try to live moral, God-Fearing lives and still have time to do other hobbies. Everyone needs hobbies and you shop with your grandkids at Hobby Lobby.

Third Paragraph:

“According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love” (Ephesians 1:4-5).

We've heard this before that Christians should in the world, but not of the world. Apparently this verse says that God loves Christians and wants us to be different from others. Jesus told us to go things in secret (Matthew 6:3) . If we're to be set apart from others, it should not be entirely clear as to why. You shouldn't to brag and tell people how holy you are.

Fourth Paragraph:

(Strongs: “holy” sacred (physically, pure, morally blameless or religious, ceremonially, consecrated): — (most) holy (one, thing), saint.)

This is apparently a reference without being introduced (Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible) or fully explaining what this reference relates to. The previous verse already said without blame. Most can define holy without your answer.

Fifth Paragraph:

“For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world” (Titus 2:11-12). 

:5624797b0697e_headbash:

We get it! I'm so tired of this argument. Taking part in secular activities doesn't mean you're endulging in worldly lusts or ungodliness! Get a life! Or at least stop lecturing people on they spend their time! Accept that you have a special calling to read the bible and be holy and that God has called everyone to be the same.

Sixth Paragraph:

May we examine our lives and live for Christ, separate in a godless, God-rejecting world. 

Good! Stop voting so you can be truly separate and leave the rest of us alone!  Go away, go far away, and stop troubling us.  

The whole point of the "He Gets Us" campaign is to try to bring people back to God, Jesus, Church, etc. It was paid by problematic fundies, but it was also paid for by people who see others leaving their churches and are worried that Christianity is losing it's grip on America. They would rather see a larger Christian population with varying levels of devoutness than see Christianity become a niche interest in America. I think the ads won't do much, but it's worth-considering, Steve, which you would prefer? Assuming the Earth is still here within 50 years, you might not be pleased with how little influence Christianity has compared to the influence it has now. 

• Thank You 3

The thing is, as I’ve said before, the way the Maxwells have talked in the past, it seems to be enough to get saved on your deathbed, no matter how you lived. They imply that you can live however you want as long as you get saved on your deathbed. So why live a miserable life like the Maxwells? I guess their argument would be “well, you don’t know when you’ll die, you could get killed in a car crash tomorrow”. Even so… 

Being saved doesn’t even seem to be enough. I’ll never forget that depressing Thanksgiving post from a number of years ago where they all listed what they were thankful for, and Anna’s had the line “I know I deserve Hell”… such a depressing way to live, believing that you’re so inherently sinful that you “deserve Hell” despite being saved.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

They imply that you can live however you want as long as you get saved on your deathbed. So why live a miserable life like the Maxwells?

To me, a corollary would be Calvinism: if your fate is predestined, why bother living a "good" life or being "saved" if neither state will affect your fate.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 2/3/2023 at 11:57 AM, SassyPants said:

These mega reproducers are all the same. They all think they deserve extras and to be pampered just because they refused to use BC and ended up birthing an army...Do these people not realize that ANY, fertile COUPLE could have boatloads of kids? There is no skill involved. 

Yes, it's pretty much insert Tab A into Slot B, but quiverfull is a defining aspect of patriarchy and endless pregnancies without a break are living proof of the patriarch's virility and what could be more important than that? 

But back to Steve -- He's stuck in locking down his blind belief, and it's stopped him from growing and becoming a more decent person.  His daughters absolutely blossomed when out from under his neurotic control, but he's incapable of celebrating that. His religious beliefs haven't made him happy; instead he's becoming more curmudgeonly. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Howl said:

Yes, it's pretty much insert Tab A into Slot B, but quiverfull is a defining aspect of patriarchy and endless pregnancies without a break are living proof of the patriarch's virility and what could be more important than that? 

It all boils down to sex, doesn't it? The "worldly" stuff Steve rails against - it's things that make him think about sex, for the most part. Tons of children? Proof you're having lots of sex. No-touch "courtships"? Proof you're not yet having sex. Modesty? Women being responsible for making sure men are less likely to think about sex. Steve's pretty blatant about it - "worldly lusts" literally mean lust, to him, it's clear. 

I think Steve's a bit of a perv with a wild history he's ashamed of and trying to atone for, with a wandering eye he still can't quite control. 

• Upvote 11
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 6

15 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I think Steve's a bit of a perv with a wild history he's ashamed of and trying to atone for, with a wandering eye he still can't quite control. 

This cracks me up because the accuracy.

But also what’s funny/sad is the normality of the wandering eye. Most people admire random beauty or a sexy voice or whatever the turn on is for what it is, but quickly move on to other things. It rarely progresses beyond the fantasy stage.

But the thought process for Steve seems to work like this: wow she’s thin and pretty, SIN, LOOK AWAY, I need to get some work done, beautiful bones, so attractive, SIN, SHE SHOULD COVER UP…..

All. Day. Long.

It must be exhausting. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Alisamer said:

It all boils down to sex, doesn't it? The "worldly" stuff Steve rails against - it's things that make him think about sex, for the most part. Tons of children? Proof you're having lots of sex. No-touch "courtships"? Proof you're not yet having sex. Modesty? Women being responsible for making sure men are less likely to think about sex. Steve's pretty blatant about it - "worldly lusts" literally mean lust, to him, it's clear. 

No, not really. Steve doesn't talk a lot about sex specifically. Your first paragraph is much more like Jim Bob Duggar than Steve.

Steve really thinks that most of your time belongs to God and other than the essential things needed to live a person should spend all o their time thinking about God. Steve spent a year complaining more putting food before God. Food is generally a requirement to live and even that seems petty to Steve. Everything that doesn't pertain directly to God, is support work to get back to God.  Food and sleep are to keep people healthy enough to serve God.  Work is to gain money to cover essentials and help in serving the Lord. Marriage is meant to create children and children are to be raised to serve the Lord. 

Anything that takes you away from God and isn't directly connected to serving the Lord is bad, even stuff that is asexual. Sports, hobbies, fishing, etc.  are things that are bad if they are not connected to God. Steve gave up his hobby of being a small-plane pilot, because it was unGodly. Everything must be Godly.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

No, not really. Steve doesn't talk a lot about sex specifically. Your first paragraph is much more like Jim Bob Duggar than Steve.

Steve really thinks that most of your time belongs to God and other than the essential things needed to live a person should spend all o their time thinking about God. Steve spent a year complaining more putting food before God. Food is generally a requirement to live and even that seems petty to Steve. Everything that doesn't pertain directly to God, is support work to get back to God.  Food and sleep are to keep people healthy enough to serve God.  Work is to gain money to cover essentials and help in serving the Lord. Marriage is meant to create children and children are to be raised to serve the Lord. 

Anything that takes you away from God and isn't directly connected to serving the Lord is bad, even stuff that is asexual. Sports, hobbies, fishing, etc.  are things that are bad if they are not connected to God. Steve gave up his hobby of being a small-plane pilot, because it was unGodly. Everything must be Godly.

IDK. People who diet think of food relentlessly. 

Steve's theology reminds me a lot of Sylvester Graham, the minister we immortalize with graham crackers. His theology was an extreme form of self-denial with endless ideas around food and alcohol and physical pleasure, and controlling sexual urges was a key component.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

15 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Are we talking about the same Steve who once broke down in tears because he got a momentary glimpse of a woman's cleavage? Who decried contrasting buttons on shirts as "eye traps"? Who took the kids to the airport to judge the modesty of the clothing of people there? Who complained bitterly on his blog about their neighbor daring to wear a swimsuit in her own swimming pool in her own backyard, because he could see her if he looked? Who walks in the early morning so as not to see other runners or walkers in "immodest" clothing? Who talked about his vasectomy at one of his children's weddings? 

And, who has Teri put his toothpaste on his toothbrush for him... something known to be done by prostitutes in an area where he was stationed during his time in the military? 

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 7

This week's Seriously, Dad? is called "Way Too Easy" and it's from February 22, 2023.

First Paragraph:

Have you ever told someone the truth to have them reply, “You liar!”? 

I bet you've said 'you liar" to other people, Steve and they were telling the truth.

Those are serious, relationship-killing words. 

And how many relationships have you lost with those words?

Second Paragraph:

Surely none of us would purposefully call our God, the Almighty God, the God of truth, a liar. However, please consider the possibility that we have, and that it might not be a rare occurrence for many. Frankly, that is scary, and it should bring fear and terror to our hearts. Then, how could Israel have done it at least 10 times? 

I don't remember ever saying God was a liar. I do think many religions and religious people tell lies in the name of God. 

By Israel does he mean the country or Jacob?

Third Paragraph:

“Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice” (Numbers 14:22). Tempted is defined as “to test and prove.” In essence, they questioned whether God was good (does good and fulfills His promises) by not believing and obeying Him.

I think there's a difference between acting out and calling someone a liar.

Fourth Paragraph:

Oh, my brothers, EVERYTHING that God does and brings into our lives is ultimately good. We trust and believe it to be for His glory and our good in Him, and then we obey.

This goes back to what I said about not trusting religions and religious people. If everything God brings me is good, then it is good I have television, music, Youtube, etc.

And while I trust God, I don't trust Steve and I wouldn't let him tell me how to obey God. And it's not just Steve. There are plenty of religious people I wouldn't trust like the other fundies on this site.

Fifth Paragraph:

“Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped, And said, Naked came I out of my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD” (Job 1:20-21).

I'm not sure how Job fits into this column. Job was obedient to God and had a lot of bad things happen. As usual Steve proved nothing. Trusting God isn't the same as trusting people. If everything God sent us is good, then God sent us television, music, etc. In many ways, people are told to obey God by religious people who manipulate them for their own egos and gain. They let churches manipulate their decisions, makes choices for them regarding reproductive rights and health care, convince them to stay in bad marriages, give money to the church they don't have, etc.  People are right to question who they're obeying.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

So WTF is the point of this column?? Where does “way too easy” come into it? It seems to be more about calling people/God liars… :my_huh:

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

This week's column is called Big Muscles and it's from March 1, 2023. 

First Paragraph: 

Six-year-old Danny (a grandson) dropped to the floor and started effortlessly pumping out pushups to prove his point to me. I never saw a young guy do so many pushups with reasonable form. Our son, Christopher, works out with his children (Danny is one of them.) every morning before school begins. After the energy is out, the children are ready for school with Mom. One of the many benefits of the daily workouts with Daddy is their impressive strength and endurance.  

It's a miracle: an actual story about a father parenting. And it's a good anecdote. It's probably good for the kids to get some exercise. 

Second Paragraph:

We understand that exercising our bodies and minds (yay homeschooling) is essential, but how purposeful are you in developing your children spiritually? 

Interesting that exercising your mind and developing spiritually are separate ideas. 

Sadly, many chiefly rely on Sunday School/church for this.

Yes, you need to homeschool your kids both in academic school and Sunday School (yay homeschooling 🙄).

We usually eat 3 times a day, but spiritual development is far more important.

NO, it's not, Steve you idiot! Food is really important, especially for children and busy parents need energy. This is abusive to readers who struggle with food issues. 

Also, children having their own time in the Word every morning is a critical lifelong discipline. 

No, it isn't. Kids getting enough sleep is a good idea. Or just having a routine. 

Third Paragraph:

I love being part of Christopher’s evening family Bible time  and listening to how he asks questions on each child’s level of understanding. That is growing a wonderful knowledge of the Lord and His Word in those children.

The kids have morning and evening Bible time. 

Fourth Paragraph:

“And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up” (Deuteronomy 6:6,7).

I don't think they meant you shouldn't feed the children.

Fifth Paragraph:

Are you?

Steve, it's your blog and I doubt there's a character limit! Ask a complete quesion. He means are you teaching your children?, but that question is so vague it could mean anything. Are you... reading the bible? Are you...going to church? Are you... smarter than a fifth grader? etc. 

This column started out good, but is bonkers. Food isn't less important than reading the bible. This is nuts. The columns should end with a real closing line, and not an incomplete thought.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic