IGNORED

Political Memes, Comics, and other Shenanigans, Part 44

GreyhoundFan

10 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Oh Donnie either no one will show up to your funeral because well let's face it people don't like you or your funeral will be absolutely packed and spilling out of wherever you have it held because everyone will want to make sure you really are dead.

The funeral scene from Charade comes to mind:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

BUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNN!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

image.png.3a4503554800eb9171fc977bce6a0fdc.png

"Hurricane Trump"

Hurricane Maria is one of the best examples that prove Donald Trump was a disaster of a president, wasn’t prepared for the job, wasn’t qualified for it, and had no interest in serving anyone other than himself. Donald Trump’s pettiness in dealing with the disaster that hit Puerto Rico was only topped by his pettiness in dealing with the disaster of the coronavirus.

When Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico, Donald Trump wasn’t aware that the island was a U.S. territory or that it was even an island. He didn’t know the island had a governor and instead, tried to call Puerto Rico’s president. Unfortunately for Puerto Rico, and the rest of us, its president at the time was Donald Trump (sic).

In 2021, a report by the Department of Housing and Urban Development Office of Inspector General confirmed that the Trump administration blocked around $20 billion of congressionally-approved disaster relief from reaching Puerto Rico, and then blocked the investigation that was trying to find out why the aid was being blocked.

After the hurricane hit, Trump went to Puerto Rico and tossed out paper towels to victims. He then returned to Washington and told top officials in his administration “that he did not want a single dollar going to Puerto Rico.” He would later downplay the number of deaths from the hurricane which is what he later did with COVID.

Trump and his administration crafted talking points about there being too much corruption in Puerto Rico to send them disaster relief. It wouldn’t surprise me if Trump wasn’t trying to find a way to skim off some of that disaster relief for himself. He should’ve looked into funneling it through Brett Favre. It’s believed that Trump attempted to funnel the money toward his useless racist border wall he promised Mexico would pay for.

Donald Trump really hates brown people.

Florida and Texas were also hit by hurricanes in 2017 but the Trump administration didn’t block any funding for those Trump-voting states. Puerto Rico can’t vote in presidential elections.

By the time HUD released its report, Puerto Rico had received about $19 billion of $69 billion that the government allocated for the island. It took President Biden to start releasing the rest of it.

Trump feuded with officials in Puerto Rico, specifically the mayor of San Juan, Carmen Yulín Cruz. When Hurricane Florence was approaching the territory in 2018, Trump reignited his feuds with the island tweeting, “We got A Pluses for our recent hurricane work in Texas and Florida (and did an unappreciated great job in Puerto Rico, even though an inaccessible island with very poor electricity and a totally incompetent Mayor of San Juan). We are ready for the big one that is coming!”

Over 3,000 people died from the effects of Hurricane Maria, yet Trump and his administration repeatedly denied the facts and claimed the true total was only 64.

Cruz tweeted, “Pres Trump thinks loosing [sic] 3,000 lives is a success. Can you imagine what he thinks failure looks like?” Like he does with most women he feuds with, Trump called the mayor “nasty.”

Trump managed to make it all about him like he did with the pandemic, and like he’s doing with the documents he stole.

Trump claimed the stolen government documents he stole “are mine, not theirs.” He’s yet to explain why he took them or which ones he supposedly declassified. He’s yet to offer any proof of declassification and today, it’s something his lawyers are struggling with.

And in New York, the state is suing the Trump Organization for fraud and is seeking to bar Trump and his three oldest children, Jr, Eric, and Ivanka, from ever doing business in the state again. She’s also referring criminal charges to federal prosecutors.

Donald Trump is a grifter. His business, presidency (sic), and life have been nothing but a con. His cons have destroyed lives. People have died from the results of his cons. Donald Trump has never been a successful businessman but he’s a hugely successful con man.

Lock him up.

• Upvote 6

image.png.1ef4ddbff129814819f8170da78a8a1a.png

"Brokeback Waters"

As this article in The Tempest points out, right-wingers have been upset over a black Little Mermaid since at least 2019.

Some conservatives are using the term “blackwashing,” stealing the term “whitewashing,” which is when a white actor plays a non-white character. I saw a few posts saying Disney should now do live remakes of Princess and the Frog and Moana, but cast white actresses to play Tiana and Moana.

But Tiana is black and Moana is a Polynesian. Ariel’s race in The Little Mermaid isn’t important to the story. Plus, fish girls do not actually exist.

Some people who’ve criticized the casting of making Arial black claim Disney is making a black actress piggyback on an old story. They would rather Disney create new stories and new princesses and make them black, so they can have their story.

I don’t mind there being a black mermaid and I think it’s a good thing because it makes a lot of black little girls happy. But I’m also on the side of making new stories instead of making remake after remake. Do we really need two Little Mermaids, Two Lion Kings, two Lady and the Tramps, Two Mulans, Two Parent Traps, Two Dumbos, two Pinocchios, two Jungle Books, Two 101 Dalmations, two Beauty and the Beasts, two Pete’s Dragons, two Cinderellas, two Aladdins, etc, etc? Actually, some of these have been made more than twice.

I don’t mind some of these remakes, such as Junge Book. Who didn’t like Bill Murray as Baloo? But I also want new stories. I love Disney movies, especially animations. I want new stories to marvel at, like when they came up with Wreck-it Ralph (which I’ve watched about ten times by now and will watch again). Of course, that film also had a sequel, which included every Disney princess ever which was fun.

Don’t get upset over stuff like race or sexual identity in movies (I suspect Vanellope von Schweetz might be a lesbian). Just sit back and enjoy them.

I’m also on the side of making new stories with diversity in the lead characters. While I like a black Little Mermaid, they should do more new stuff like Princess and the Frog, Aladdin, Pocahontas, and Moana.

Pixar recently gave us Soul, which has a black lead though I don’t think Jamie Foxx counts as a Disney princess.

What can I say? I like cartoons.

• Haha 3
  • Thank You 2

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

90429DD8-2CD7-49CA-B12B-BFC5260CEEED.thumb.jpeg.1809c9a31f0c48d7a2b2b4d3a7c23e62.jpeg

• Upvote 7

• Destiny locked this topic