IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 45: Life with Josh in Prison and Marrying as Fast as They Can

Coconut Flan

Elijah posted that they’re on a 10 hour layover in London. It looks like it’s just James and Elijah. As annoying as James is, I think it’s good that he’s interested in having experiences outside of his bubble.

• Upvote 5

51 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Elijah posted that they’re on a 10 hour layover in London. It looks like it’s just James and Elijah. As annoying as James is, I think it’s good that he’s interested in having experiences outside of his bubble.

Who’s Elijah…other than a bad ass Biblical prophet?

• Haha 2

Yeah, going abroad is a good way to sow some wild oats away from fundieland et. al., regardless of what they try to say it’s all about. But, hey, so what.

• Upvote 5

On 2/7/2023 at 3:41 PM, LurkerOverThePond said:

What's in his videos? I know of the one where he may be referring to some disturbing "documentary" (something about real college girls being sexually harassed after they've been given way too much to drink and are totally wasted) but are there others? 

I think you've misunderstood a little - the reference is Girls Gone Wild, because he originally called his YouTube channel 'Duggars Gone Wild'. We think he didn't really realise what he was referencing, he seems to have just thought it was a fun uniting idea like "Duggars go wild in... the snow" etc. He's changed it now so I don't think the connection was his intention.

The videos are really just him going about his daily life filming it. It's just him and his buddies and brothers messing about in cars and getting involved in family life like snow days and gender reveals. They all think they're really funny and everyone else at the TTH seems to find them somewhat irritating. I think it's pretty benign, he just wants to come over as a cool and fun Duggar.

Edited by AprilQuilt
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

I would love to go to Italy. I want to see the architecture, the history, the museums. But the Duggars will probably just fuck around and use it as a backdrop for their social media pictures and videos. 

3D6F288B-093C-414E-A555-2603D65546B7.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

44 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would love to go to Italy. I want to see the architecture, the history, the museums. But the Duggars will probably just fuck around and use it as a backdrop for their social media pictures and videos. 

3D6F288B-093C-414E-A555-2603D65546B7.jpeg

Ugh, why are they there? Do they think that the Italians haven’t heard about Jesus?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Ugh, why are they there? Do they think that the Italians haven’t heard about Jesus?

I mean, Rome is a hotbed of the wrong kind of Christians Catholics so of course they have to go there and save them. They're SOUL-WINNING!! (I hate that phrase.)

Can't you just see James telling the pope, "Uh, sir, you're dressed in women's clothing, can you dress more like a man?" or

"I'd like to tell you all about the Institute for whatever the heck it is..."

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 3

Oh yah... fundagelicals love to use the phrase "spiritual darkness" when speaking of Europe. They're sending missionaries to countries from Sweden to Spain with the same urgency as Africa, China, and the Middle East.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 4

31 minutes ago, Antipatriarch said:

Oh yah... fundagelicals love to use the phrase "spiritual darkness" when speaking of Europe. They're sending missionaries to countries from Sweden to Spain with the same urgency as Africa, China, and the Middle East.

Boy, am I ever glad to be living in spiritual darkness. It's so much easier on the eyes than the glare of fundamentalist zealotry.

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 13
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

I mean, Rome is a hotbed of the wrong kind of Christians Catholics so of course they have to go there and save them. They're SOUL-WINNING!! (I hate that phrase.)

Can't you just see James telling the pope, "Uh, sir, you're dressed in women's clothing, can you dress more like a man?" or

"I'd like to tell you all about the Institute for whatever the heck it is..."

Well, first of all, any Catholic priest they might encounter is going to be a million times more educated on any topic that might arise. That’s what always cracked me up about the Duggars and their religious shtick. They hate education and think all you need is the SOTDRT to preach. Any person I know who preaches from UU ministers to RC priests are highly, highly educated and go to school for years before they are ever able to use a label or initials. Ben was a preacher boy when he was what? 22? And don’t get me started on Vuolo. Have we ever seen him engaged in study? Not looking at the books, but actually working with a book, notebook, computer? People like Ben and Jerm. make a mockery of religious life and leadership. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

Jim Boob and Michelle were at the Haight Stangl wedding. Not surprising. A lot of Wissmanns were there including Hannah and Jer:

0F0C46E3-769D-480F-9DE1-D31A2509B288.jpeg

• Upvote 5

Was everyone told to wear dark, somber clothes? It looks more like a funeral than a wedding.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

38 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Was everyone told to wear dark, somber clothes? It looks more like a funeral than a wedding.

I’m guessing they were told to dress up like black tie. Fundies rarely do black tie weddings. Most are much more casual. So everyone was probably like, “ummm, I guess I’ll wear black since it’s going to be a fancy wedding.” Josie Duggar wasn’t dressed up though. 

Plus it doesn’t help that the bridesmaid dresses were black and the groomsmen suits were black. 

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I really wonder what they are doing there. It seems like there's a bigger crowd than just James and Elijah. Jed&Katey are obviously there as well. Perhaps something Medic Corps related? 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, xenobia said:

I really wonder what they are doing there. It seems like there's a bigger crowd than just James and Elijah. Jed&Katey are obviously there as well. Perhaps something Medic Corps related? 

Headed for Turkey for earthquake relief? Although if that’s it, why on earth would a pregnant woman with a baby think it’s a good idea to go to a disaster zone?

Edited by ExTeach713
  • I Agree 1

I don’t think Jed and James have ever had anything to do with Medic Corps. I think it’s just a sightseeing vacation. James did have a little Where am I going? survey on Instagram. It looks like Italy is their final destination.

• Upvote 2

Jana, Laura, Elijah, James, Jed and Katey. It’s a lot of single fundies with Jed and Katey plus baby. If it was all just single fundies I guess it wouldn’t seem weird. But they are the only ones who went with kids. I personally never wanted to travel with single people when I had a baby. I preferred to travel with others who had small kids because they understood. But I guess Jana and James are used to babies always being around. 

• Upvote 8

Ok random and off but sort of on topic.  What have the Duggar’s Inadvertently turned you off. 

my one today, is a chick on YouTube who has great interesting well researched content but sounds like a less wacked off and more educated version of Michelle.

It’s killing my life. I wish she had subtitles. 

History Tea Time with Lindsay Holiday Is her if anyone is interested. Could it be a dialect accent thing? Does she have the same regional accent as Michelle or is it all in my head? 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jana, Laura, Elijah, James, Jed and Katey. It’s a lot of single fundies with Jed and Katey plus baby. If it was all just single fundies I guess it wouldn’t seem weird. But they are the only ones who went with kids. I personally never wanted to travel with single people when I had a baby. I preferred to travel with others who had small kids because they understood. But I guess Jana and James are used to babies always being around. 

I totally get where you are coming from and maybe that´s a silly thought of me. But I wonder if a travelling group that consisted of only single people (of both sexes) would not appear sinful to them. Does anyone know of such a trip (singles only, men and women) ever having taken place?

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

Ok random and off but sort of on topic.  What have the Duggar’s Inadvertently turned you off. 

my one today, is a chick on YouTube who has great interesting well researched content but sounds like a less wacked off and more educated version of Michelle.

It’s killing my life. I wish she had subtitles. 

History Tea Time with Lindsay Holiday Is her if anyone is interested. Could it be a dialect accent thing? Does she have the same regional accent as Michelle or is it all in my head? 

Oh no it’s not just you. I’ve noticed her accent too and it’s got to be just a mix. Because it’s not an accent I’ve ever heard. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I love Lindsey Holiday. I've never noticed the accent though, I'll have to listen closely next time.  She's very calming. 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Duggars by the Dozen 45: Life with Josh in Prison and Marrying as Fast as They Can
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic