IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 45: Life with Josh in Prison and Marrying as Fast as They Can

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, SPHASH said:

And Caleb

How different their life may have been if that babe had of stuck….. 

might not of ended up fundie 

may have had a baby with disabilities (if indeed they lost the babe due to chromosomal abnormalities)

may have came into fundieism later 

may not have had all J named kids 

I am still in aw that jcaleb and jubilee were her only unsuccessful pregnancies 

I’m not sure if jubilee was lost because of chromosomes or if Michelle’s body had just had enough and was worn down

I also wonder what life would be like if jubilee had of survived too, gone to term or been a micro premie like Josie? Would she have been as lucky as Josie. Never to wish I’ll on a child I would have hoped so  

but give credit to the women she and Kelly bates are true baby making machines. 
all wrong but there bodies are machines. 

• Upvote 11

I still sort of harbor this amusing notion that Justin and Claire got married so her family could keep him. For whatever reason which might or might not be sound. And I suppose they could have kept him without marrying their daughter to him, but it is always the first thing I think of when I see their whole family together. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

17 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

I still sort of harbor this amusing notion that Justin and Claire got married so her family could keep him. For whatever reason which might or might not be sound. And I suppose they could have kept him without marrying their daughter to him, but it is always the first thing I think of when I see their whole family together. 

I don’t think this is actually that far off. I think Justin was completely lost in a sea of Duggars. He probably received very little one on one attention from his parents his entire life. The Spivey’s only have 6 children. I’m sure they lavished more attention on him in a week than he got from his parents in all of his life. Who wouldn’t want to join a family that actually gives you attention? Justin may not actively admit this but deep down, he must know he prefers to spend time with their family. 

• Upvote 27
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 7

This reminded me of something. I had a boyfriend that I probably stayed with a little too long because I liked his family so much. I’d had boyfriends with awful families in the past. Families who never got along or just didn’t like me. But then I had a boyfriend whose parents were the nicest people I had ever met. But it was so obvious my boyfriend and I wouldn’t work out. We wanted very different things. I probably stayed with my ex a few more months trying to make it work because I liked spending time with his family. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 5

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This reminded me of something. I had a boyfriend that I probably stayed with a little too long because I liked his family so much. I’d had boyfriends with awful families in the past. Families who never got along or just didn’t like me. But then I had a boyfriend whose parents were the nicest people I had ever met. But it was so obvious my boyfriend and I wouldn’t work out. We wanted very different things. I probably stayed with my ex a few more months trying to make it work because I liked spending time with his family. 

My sister had a boyfriend during her freshman and sophomore year of high school that had wonderful parents.  So wonderful that my parents became quite friendly with them-friendly enough that they would go out to dinner periodically and that we were all invited to their Cape Cod summer rental for the day.   When my sister and her boyfriend broke up, so unfortunately did the parents' friendship.   My parents were quite upset that they wouldn't see his parents anymore on a social basis. 

• Upvote 5

33 minutes ago, HeartsAFundie said:

My sister had a boyfriend during her freshman and sophomore year of high school that had wonderful parents.  So wonderful that my parents became quite friendly with them-friendly enough that they would go out to dinner periodically and that we were all invited to their Cape Cod summer rental for the day.   When my sister and her boyfriend broke up, so unfortunately did the parents' friendship.   My parents were quite upset that they wouldn't see his parents anymore on a social basis. 

I am kinda scared that this will happen with my daughter's boyfriend's family. We get along with his parents really well. Daughter and boyfriend have been dating two years but they are only in their second year of college and neither is even close to thinking about marriage, they are very focused on school and their careers.  I can see them being good for each other and it is so nice that his parents are wonderful to her and we all get along. But for now at least I refuse to let myself get too attached. She doesn't need that kind of pressure put on their relationship, neither one of them do. They are both still so young and still figuring themselves out. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 4

8 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

I am kinda scared that this will happen with my daughter's boyfriend's family. We get along with his parents really well. Daughter and boyfriend have been dating two years but they are only in their second year of college and neither is even close to thinking about marriage, they are very focused on school and their careers.  I can see them being good for each other and it is so nice that his parents are wonderful to her and we all get along. But for now at least I refuse to let myself get too attached. She doesn't need that kind of pressure put on their relationship, neither one of them do. They are both still so young and still figuring themselves out. 

My brother in law loves my niece’s boyfriend. They work together and that’s how my niece met him. But they are young and will probably break up someday. I think my brother in law will take it harder than my niece!

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

I adored my high school boyfriends Mom. She was still a Mom, but she was so much nicer and less suspicious than my mom. And she was the sweetest lady on the planet. I still think of her and it's been a zillion years. He ended up being a bit of a tool (as 18 year old boys sometimes are) but she was just lovely. 

my husbands family is gigantic and overwhelming (I think there are usually 50 people at Christmas where mine feels crowded if we have 10) but if you're looking to just hide in a crowd - there are plenty of opportunities for that. (plus there is always someone to play a board game with) 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

On 12/20/2022 at 6:50 AM, Meggo said:

I adored my high school boyfriends Mom. She was still a Mom, but she was so much nicer and less suspicious than my mom. And she was the sweetest lady on the planet.

My mom is really great but can be pretty myopic in terms of if she's not interested in a particular subject, it has no value. My high school boyfriend's mom was much more supportive, and I have fond memories of being at his football games late in the season and going to warm-up by being snuggled in a blanket on her lap.

• Love 8

Perhaps they've pulled up near someone's house so they can go inside if it gets too chilly. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Curious what news there is on James, Jason, and Jackson. We know Johanna is supposedly courting. James displaying his manhood in the form of assault weapons was a yawn to me--so predictable. Won't serve in the military but will pay any price for those. Any rumors on who is courting or just plain old "running around" with someone?

• Upvote 8

23 hours ago, ven said:

Jana and the housefriend with the extremely difficult name?

Not the long-term best friend? I've been away..........

• Upvote 1

On 12/23/2022 at 6:13 AM, flowergirl said:

I found this while scrolling through Instagram and thought I'd share it with you. 

Screenshot_20221223_121130.jpg

Screenshot_20221223_121149.jpg

I once won a Worst Valentine’s Day Card Saying contest (very informal, just a bunch of friends) with “Love me like Jim Bob Duggar.” 

• Haha 19

On 1/5/2023 at 6:08 PM, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Curious what news there is on James, Jason, and Jackson. We know Johanna is supposedly courting. James displaying his manhood in the form of assault weapons was a yawn to me--so predictable. Won't serve in the military but will pay any price for those. Any rumors on who is courting or just plain old "running around" with someone?

I’m late to the game-Johannah is courting? She’s only 17-I’m horrified. My 17 year old is in no position to even consider this. 17  is so so young.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Pleiades_06 said:

I’m late to the game-Johannah is courting? She’s only 17-I’m horrified. My 17 year old is in no position to even consider this. 17  is so so young.

There are rumors about Carver Bowers and Hannie. No confirmation of anything. I think he's even denied it, but that doesn't mean much.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 2

13 hours ago, Pleiades_06 said:

If only they could just DATE.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 14

17 hours ago, Meggo said:

If only they could just DATE.

He's not her age either. She's a very sheltered 17 and he's old enough to drink.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 3

6 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

He's not her age either. She's a very sheltered 17 and he's old enough to drink.

Well he might be more sheltered than your average non-fundy his age but GAH that's just ... wrong... She's just a kid!! (I know - preaching to the choir..) 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

I’ve always felt they would try to marry Johannah off early. She was such a spunky kid when she was little that I could see Jim Bob wanting to lock her into the lifestyle early, similar to what happened with Joy. I can equally see Johannah herself wanting to gain independence as soon as possible and using marriage as the way out. in fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if Jenny and Jordyn also married and left early. That house is probably a lot less vibrant with so many kids gone. 

In an ideal world, the younger girls would all go to Bible college and at least get a chance to meet a wider variety of GYM and mature a bit before the inevitable million babies. But this is Jim Bob, who doesn’t believe in higher education. All he cares about is getting them matched up and out of the house as soon as possible. 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 2

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Duggars by the Dozen 45: Life with Josh in Prison and Marrying as Fast as They Can
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic