IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 45: Life with Josh in Prison and Marrying as Fast as They Can

Coconut Flan

Mangos are the only fruit I hate. I don’t know why. I’ve just always hated the flavor. But I’ll eat any other fruit. Well I guess I haven’t tried some of the less common fruits. I guess I’m just talking about the common fruits in the US. I like bananas, apples, cherries, all berries, all melons, pineapple, all citrus (even grapefruit if you put a little sugar on it), kiwi, all grapes, coconuts, peaches, pears, etc. I honestly just hate mango for some reason. It’s weird. 

• Upvote 2

On 5/18/2023 at 12:21 PM, Margarita said:

I am also a New Mexico driver's license holder, and have been asked by AIRPORT staff for a passport to travel domestically. My word.

I'm late to this conversation, but I'm a fellow New Mexican and when my middle daughter was in NY for a semester at college she was constantly asked how here English was so good. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 5

On 5/22/2023 at 9:10 AM, backyard sylph said:

Cemeteries for me! And the catacombs, of course. 

I'd never heard of this, and actual mangoes are extremely popular at my store, but I have lived in Cincinnati for only 12 years, so I looked it up, and this article seemed to have the best succinct info. It turns out to be like many immigrant food stories, people using what they had to hand to mimic another kind of food. 

Boston is special; imagine thinking only New Yorkers put ice cream in a milkshake. Milkshakes also have an interesting history, by the way. On the other hand, there is no egg in an egg cream, so.

Okay, I came here to read about the documentary ad drop, will now catch up.

It was a little weird when I ordered a cheesesteak or something like that and got asked "Do you want mangoes on that?" Huh?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, patsymae said:

It was a little weird when I ordered a cheesesteak or something like that and got asked "Do you want mangoes on that?" Huh?

"Welp, I think I'm in the wrong place..." while backing away slowly.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

I like mangos with Tajin or other chili and lime and salt. And often it is eaten cut up with cucumbers and maybe pineapple and melon. The dried mangos with chili is really good.
 It’s not exactly a sweet or a savory in my head.  It’s also good in ice cream or smoothies or salsa.  I don’t like it plain.  

• Upvote 2

If someone else is cutting up that fresh mango, I am all in. I’d eat it with just about anything. And I’ll eat any dried fruit.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

I love mango, especially when it is really sweet and sprinkled generously with tajin, but I'll eat it just about anyway, sweet or savory. 

My MIL thought she hated mango, but it turns out she actually likes it when it is ripe, she doesn't care for it green. My husband on the other hand prefers it a bit underripe. 

11 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

Sorry to be an ignorant Canadian prairie girl but what is an egg cream? 

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/new-york-egg-cream-recipe-2120619

It's a type of drink native to NYC that mixes chocolate syrup, milk and club soda.  There is white foam on the top which, according to the recipe, occurs by adding the chocolate syrup last.

I have heard of them but have yet to try them.  Now I want to try one after reading this recipe!  🙂  

• Thank You 4

On 5/25/2023 at 10:25 PM, Coconut Flan said:

Duggars carry on with Jed:

https://www.discipleshipsummit.org

This is being held at the Forsyth facility.  

Well, they've been married for two years, so they're perfectly positioned to educate people on Christian marriage (I'm guessing that's what they'll talk about, because what else do they do?)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 18

Are any of the Duggars pregnant besides Jed! and Katey? I know Joy just had a baby. It looks like no one else is pregnant, although probably Kendra is.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 5/25/2023 at 10:50 AM, HeartsAFundie said:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/new-york-egg-cream-recipe-2120619

It's a type of drink native to NYC that mixes chocolate syrup, milk and club soda.  There is white foam on the top which, according to the recipe, occurs by adding the chocolate syrup last.

I have heard of them but have yet to try them.  Now I want to try one after reading this recipe!  🙂  

Don't believe any of the other recipes. You have to use Fox's U-Bet syrup.

https://www.seriouseats.com/how-to-make-classic-egg-creams

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

35 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Are any of the Duggars pregnant besides Jed! and Katey? I know Joy just had a baby. It looks like no one else is pregnant, although probably Kendra is.

No one known, But yes probably Kendra and possibly even Jessa? They tend to get pregnant within 6 months of a miscarriage, even a late one. Joy got pregnant around this time after Annabel.

• Upvote 6

On 5/24/2023 at 10:39 PM, Mrs Ms said:

Fellow mango hater over here! Totally agree that everyone freaks about that dislike (actually more than anything else I don’t like) Funnily enough I love mango lassi and only in the last month found out that Indians use only certain Indian varieties for it. Apparently now I need to try find those varieties which might be challenging because the only countries of origin that I have seen here in NZ are Australien, Peruvian, Chilean and Mexican. 

send all your unwanted mangoes my way delish hate when the husk furs get caught in your teeth though or when when one is sharp tasting not sweet. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Pic on Reddit shows Lauren is. *(or at least she was a week ago.)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e23a97bac12b982b526274d31f1797a3.png

Edited by snickerz
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

4 hours ago, snickerz said:

Pic on Reddit shows Lauren is. *(or at least she was a week ago.)

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.e23a97bac12b982b526274d31f1797a3.png

Aparently this is an old picture from Lauren baby shower. You can tell by how young Brynley looks here. Lauren due date according to the amazon baby registry was early may, and she already had the baby since he has to grandkid #29 for Gunner to be #30 and the 15 grandsons and 15 granddaughters thing to make sense.

Spoiler

So current Duggar grandkid cound would look like:

1. Mackynzie
  2. Michael 
  3. Marcus 
  4. Israel 
  5. Meredith 
  6. Spurgeon 
  7. Henry 
  8. Samuel 
  9. Mason 
  10. Gideon 
  11. Garrett 
  12. Felicity 
  13. Ivy 
  14. Addison 
  15. Bella
  16. Maryella
  17. Grace
  18. Evelyn
  19. Evangeline
  20. Brooklyn
  21. Fern 
  22. Madyson
  23. Daisy
  24. Truett
  25. Baby boy Duggar (speculated to be named Connor) from Joseph and Kendra.
  26. Frederick
  27. Charlie
  28. Brynley
  29. Baby boy Duggar from Josiah and Lauren.
  30. Gunner
  31. Nora
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 10

Interesting photo of the four sisters in law. Whoever took it didn’t even bother to include the whole baby that Hannah is holding. Plus she looks a little haggard and I thought so in a previous photo of her taken since the baby was born. Katie seems to have a big fake smile and no love for Hannah. Lauren and Abby look happy and content. And wow, all the tiny flower dress prints. 

• Upvote 5

Katey is missing a sandal strap. It’s like one of those “what is wrong with this picture?” photos. It’s nice to see Lauren happy/healthy. The girls look like a Bates Sisters Boutique ad.

• Upvote 6

13 hours ago, patsymae said:

Don't believe any of the other recipes. You have to use Fox's U-Bet syrup.

https://www.seriouseats.com/how-to-make-classic-egg-creams

I used to be able to get that wherever I lived, and have been meaning to see about ordering some. Making an egg cream is a fun little process and very rewarding. 

Mangoes aren’t the same unless they are fresh.  None of these bought in Illinois.  The Philippines spoiled me and 23 years later, I still can’t eat mangos without remembering how fresh one’s taste.  

im confused by the don’t post things to the public, but let the public just guess and make up facts.  It’s almost as if they get more attention if they don’t share the facts and are enjoying it all.   I’m impressed JB knows how many he has because I would not have been surprised if he didn’t know how many kids he has

Edited by KWLand

18 minutes ago, KWLand said:

I’m confused by the don’t post things to the public, but let the public just guess and make up facts.  It’s almost as if they get more attention if they don’t share the facts and are enjoying it all.   I’m impressed JB knows how many he has because I would not have been surprised if he didn’t know how many kids he has

It seems that Joe/Kendra and Josiah/Lauren have decided that their personal lives and the lives of their children are not a public ministry or a commodity. They have chosen to no longer live as public figures and to respect that their children deserve to choose if they want to have public lives on their own. People have been saying “go away, Duggars! We don’t care!” for years. But the Duggars should have been hearing “We care a little. We want names, birthdates and a few pictures”? The public doesn’t deserve a happy medium. We don’t deserve anything.  At this point, of the Duggar kids, only Jessa and Joy are trying to profit off of their kids. I respect Joe and Josiah’s decisions a lot more than Jessa and Joy’s.

It’s all about numbers and stats to JB. If his kids continue to have many children, it proves to him that he was right, that his children agree with his choices. I’m sure in the end, there will be a comparison of grandchildren with the Bates family to see which family produced the most offspring.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 2

On 5/28/2023 at 7:09 PM, ToriAmos said:

No one known, But yes probably Kendra and possibly even Jessa? They tend to get pregnant within 6 months of a miscarriage, even a late one. Joy got pregnant around this time after Annabel.

I’m betting Hannah will announce #2 in the next few months. She and Jer seem very into the idea of birthing for Jesus. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, postscript said:

I’m betting Hannah will announce #2 in the next few months. She and Jer seem very into the idea of birthing for Jesus. 

I agree. She’s a Wissmann and the Wissmanns seem to be all in. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Duggars by the Dozen 45: Life with Josh in Prison and Marrying as Fast as They Can
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic