IGNORED

Webster4Eva 12: It's Webster5Eva Now!

nelliebelle1197

8 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

Is that typical to do an ultrasound at 36 weeks? I had one at 20 weeks and that was it. Kiddo was born at 37 weeks. 

Not that this applies to Alyssa, but I read the other day that pregnant women in Japan get ultrasounds at every prenatal appointment. Seems like it varies in every country.

I remember the controversy when Katie Holmes was pregnant and Tom Cruise purchased an ultrasound machine for them to use at home. There were a lot of articles about how it was bad for the baby (although now that it's 18 years later, there's no evidence that that's true...)

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

If they found out earlier that he is measuring small, she might be getting regular ultrasounds to check for growth. 

It seems like Alyssa has HG (she never stated it but the extreme sickness, needing IVs, etc.) And fetal growth can be a concern.

Edited by CanadianMamam
Triple post
  • Upvote 2

Lots of USs is not that unusual. IV Iron, OTOH, seems extreme. Anyone every had that done? And it sounds like it has been needed more than once. Alyssa needs to stop getting pregnant. 

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Lots of USs is not that unusual. IV Iron, OTOH, seems extreme. Anyone every had that done? And it sounds like it has been needed more than once. Alyssa needs to stop getting pregnant. 

Can*t talk about pregnancy, never been pregnant. But I had Iron-IV in my early twentys because my heamatocrit (?sp) and ferritin level was extremely low and just tablets didn't seem to be working as well as my doc had hoped.... went on the pill - periods slowed down a lot and my levels went up again.

And my Mum had them apparently after nearly bleeding to death due to placenta previa while pregnant with me...

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

Iron infusions are fairly common in anemic people. Iron pills can cause extreme constipation and don't absorb that well for some people. I know several people that have had them over the years due to regular anemia, nothing to do with pregnancy.

• Upvote 3

I was talking about iron infusions in pregnancy. Small baby, necessitating lots of late term ultrasounds, HE, and now iron infusions. Sounds like a nutrition issue. Again, they just need to stop.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

17 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I was talking about iron infusions in pregnancy. Small baby, necessitating lots of late term ultrasounds, HE, and now iron infusions. Sounds like a nutrition issue. Again, they just need to stop.

It really sounds like she has HG. for her sake, I hope she stops having babies because HG is awful 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 3

She sounded so disappointed that her iron tx didn't immediately make her feel better. She doesn't usually sound down so I imagine she must be feeling really bad

• Upvote 5

I’m so tired of fundies getting pregnant with difficult pregnancies when they have multiple other kids that need a mom. I can think of a lot of moms to many who needed to be on bedrest, had severe HG, or other issues that made them unavailable to their litters of children. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m so tired of fundies getting pregnant with difficult pregnancies when they have multiple other kids that need a mom. I can think of a lot of moms to many who needed to be on bedrest, had severe HG, or other issues that made them unavailable to their litters of children. 

I didn't have HG when I was pregnant but I felt quite unwell when I was pregnant and worse with the second. I felt really bad that I couldn't be the kind of mother I wanted to be with my son while I was pregnant. It's one of many reasons why I only have two kids. But fundies don't care about any of that. Everyone needs to suffer because babies are a blessing 🙄

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 5

15 minutes ago, Baxter said:

I didn't have HG when I was pregnant but I felt quite unwell when I was pregnant and worse with the second. I felt really bad that I couldn't be the kind of mother I wanted to be with my son while I was pregnant. It's one of many reasons why I only have two kids. But fundies don't care about any of that. Everyone needs to suffer because babies are a blessing 🙄

I felt the same way when I was pregnant with my second. I felt terrible I couldn’t play with my toddler or give him as much attention because I was sick. I can’t imagine doing that ten more times with more and more kids needing me. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

We thought we wanted four kids. Then my husband was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis, and I found out I have hashimotos, and we felt like three was quite enough given those issues. Plus like you @Baxter I felt like crap with the last pregnancy. The thought of doing it again was not appealing at all. This woman has had heart issues, a difficult pregnancy... they got their coveted boy-child. Hang it up Alyssa and pour the energy you have left into the kids you have. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 4

11 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

It seems like Alyssa has HG (she never stated it but the extreme sickness, needing IVs, etc.) And fetal growth can be a concern.

She has said it.  It was in one of the pregnancy videos she did. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I just can't imagine all these fundie kids actually WANTING children of their own. Statistically there must be at least one or two that don't want kids. Are they so brainwashed that they don't even realize it is possible to not have any? Or don't they have the time to realize it?

I thought I wanted kids when I was in my teens and early twenties. (Grew up with lots of familys with 5+ kids) I always "knew" I wouldn't have more than two because I would have to deliver by section due to high risk of retinal detachment. But it took me until my mid to late twenties to realize I didn't't actually want ANY! If I had married at 19 I might have had two already by that time... disturbing thought! 

• Upvote 8

On 3/11/2023 at 12:12 AM, Expectopatronus said:

Is that typical to do an ultrasound at 36 weeks? I had one at 20 weeks and that was it. Kiddo was born at 37 weeks. 

Yes it's normal. They see if the cord is fine, the baby is growing fine etc. 

I got 6 ultrasounds (healthy low risk pregnancies). Some were not medically needed, but, to be sincere, watching my babies made me feel very well.

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

Yes it's normal. They see if the cord is fine, the baby is growing fine etc. 

I got 6 ultrasounds (healthy low risk pregnancies). Some were not medically needed, but, to be sincere, watching my babies made me feel very well.

It really varies from country to country! I was high risk, misshapen placenta and extreme anaemia and I just had the one. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Hazelbunny said:

I just can't imagine all these fundie kids actually WANTING children of their own. Statistically there must be at least one or two that don't want kids. Are they so brainwashed that they don't even realize it is possible to not have any? Or don't they have the time to realize it?

I thought I wanted kids when I was in my teens and early twenties. (Grew up with lots of familys with 5+ kids) I always "knew" I wouldn't have more than two because I would have to deliver by section due to high risk of retinal detachment. But it took me until my mid to late twenties to realize I didn't't actually want ANY! If I had married at 19 I might have had two already by that time... disturbing thought! 

I think when it comes to the 19 Bates kids and the 19 Duggar kids, there will be at least one that doesn’t have lids because they don’t want them. Maybe they will just avoid marriage so they don’t have to have kids. But I doubt all 19 kids in both families want kids. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think when it comes to the 19 Bates kids and the 19 Duggar kids, there will be at least one that doesn’t have lids because they don’t want them. Maybe they will just avoid marriage so they don’t have to have kids. But I doubt all 19 kids in both families want kids. 

This will always be my theory about Jana, even if she isn't completely conscious of it.  I wouldn't be suprised if her courtship with Steven Whatshisname ended because she was thinking to herself "Can I picture myself having kids with him?" and thinking "No" without realizing deep down she doesn't want kids with anyone.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

If I was sicker and sicker with each subsequent pregnancy and had many small kids and a dog to care for, I’d just make sure I could not longer get pregnant. I am 100% sure my husband would agree. I wish the pro-life crowd would realize that a pro-life stance should also extend to protecting women’s lives too. Why is a fully functioning, independently viable woman’s life not as important or MORE important than dividing cells and a developing being? WHY????? Why is putting Alyssa’s life and well being first, not viewed as pro life? 

• Upvote 14
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

Is John the type that wouldn't mind getting the "snip"? If Alyssa has been too ill to care for her family, then that means he has been having to step it up a bit. All girls are still too young to bathe thoroughly and this is my personal opinion. Hopefully Alyssa has easily prepped meals or Webster relatives helping out until next baby is born.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tangy Bee said:

Is John the type that wouldn't mind getting the "snip"? If Alyssa has been too ill to care for her family, then that means he has been having to step it up a bit. All girls are still too young to bathe thoroughly and this is my personal opinion. Hopefully Alyssa has easily prepped meals or Webster relatives helping out until next baby is born.

He says the number of kids they have is up to Alyssa, but I wouldn't bet on him getting a vasectomy. This is the guy that went skiing while she and the kids stayed home, because she was too pregnant and sick to go. He's never been seen taking care of the kids himself and I'm of the opinion that Alyssa didn't go to Lawson & Tiffany's wedding because they couldn't afford to fly everyone out (understandable) and he didn't want to be left alone with the kids for a few days.

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

@LanaBananaare you serious?!? That fart went skiing and left a sick, pregnant wife home? Of course Alyssa probably didn't mind because he is the head of the household, pays the bills, & is an excellent provider, etc. Guess he deserved a break 🙄

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

@LanaBananaare you serious?!? That fart went skiing and left a sick, pregnant wife home? Of course Alyssa probably didn't mind because he is the head of the household, pays the bills, & is an excellent provider, etc. Guess he deserved a break 🙄

He went skiing with ALYSSA’s family. Not even his own family! He’s one of my least favorite Bates husbands. And let’s remember Evan’s hat when I say that. 

• Upvote 6
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He went skiing with ALYSSA’s family. Not even his own family! He’s one of my least favorite Bates husbands. And let’s remember Evan’s hat when I say that. 

Yes, that was what really annoyed me. He went away with her family, so she didn't even have her usual helpers since they were also on vacation.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic