IGNORED

Webster4Eva 12: It's Webster5Eva Now!

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Yes, I agree. I don’t understand why John hasn’t made that appointment. Maybe he will once his son is safely born? Heck, if I was Alyssa, I’d request a tubal upon delivery. It’s one thing if you have really easy pregnancies, deliveries, and are healthy, but that is not the case here. It’s almost as if they have no clue that they can permanently end the misery.

For all we know, he may have made that appointment, or even had the snip. How would we know?

What really gets me, is that up until Alyssa became pregnant with the holy penis, John was such an outwardly proud girl-dad (for a fundie) Heck, it was even his Instagram tag/blurb thingy before Alyssa took over his account. Plus he and Alyssa have always seemed incredibly well suited.

To see all the fundie leaking out so bad is so sad.

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 4

Gen X here and I knew both male and female Jamies, just like I knew both male and female Shannons. We even had a male named Kerry in my senior class. We also had a male Tracy and a female Tracey in my graduating class.

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, aussie_1974 said:

I have read GWTW probably 30 times, the first time being 8 years old. I used to play the movie once a week and can pretty much quote the entire thing since I first saw the movie as a 6 year old.. It does glorify the Old South but there is no denying that it is one of the best pieces of literature ever written. 

I wonder how an 8-year old Black child feels when reading GWTW? Because the book tells her that her race is childish, immature and happiest as slaves.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

From what I’ve observed, when a traditionally male name becomes popular with female babies, people stop using it as a male name. It’s sexism in my opinion. I’m not saying each and every person who does this is sexist. It’s just sexist as a whole. That a baby girl can have a traditionally male name but a baby boy cannot have a name that has become popular with females. So names like Leslie, Ashley, Taylor, etc are now considered for girls only. Even though they were common male names first. 

In 2021, 22 % of Taylors born were male. 1991 it was 44 %, in 1981 67 %. 

A name like Blake is pretty much 50-50 right now, I can't imagine it being only for girls, but I'm sure it will change, like it does with most boys names turned girls names. Not James though. I don't think that would change. 

• Upvote 4

I think John just said the unspoken part out loud. There‘s a high possibility all the fundamentalist families believe the exact same they just keep their mouth shut on social media. Alyssa said some really disgusting things at the gender reveal (she will show her girls how a boy is treated) and didn‘t Lexi say Rhett is her favorite baby because he’s a boy?

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Gen X here and I knew both male and female Jamies, just like I knew both male and female Shannons. We even had a male named Kerry in my senior class. We also had a male Tracy and a female Tracey in my graduating class.

Back in the 80s, I knew a female Tracy Lynn who was dating a male Tracy Lynn. They eventually broke up but everyone thought it was so cute. 

• Haha 6

15 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

To see all the fundie leaking out so bad is so sad

This part of them was always there. Behind all the modern clothing and other such things, they’ve managed to just barely disguise how fundie they really are. At least now they’v revealed their true colors, so there can be no doubt that they are the new generation of fundies. Same evil beliefs, better clothes and entertainment options.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

This part of them was always there. Behind all the modern clothing and other such things, they’ve managed to just barely disguise how fundie they really are. At least now they’v revealed their true colors, so there can be no doubt that they are the new generation of fundies. Same evil beliefs, better clothes and entertainment options.

I’m sort of glad they’ve let this shit leak out. Because one day the 4 girls can watch these videos. And realize they are “less than” in their parents’ minds because they happened to be born the wrong sex. And I hope they rebel against this destructive belief wholeheartedly. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Back in the 80s, I knew a female Tracy Lynn who was dating a male Tracy Lynn. They eventually broke up but everyone thought it was so cute. 

I’ve mentioned my niece and nephew, a married couple. They share the same middle name, and male/female version first names (think Michael and Michaela) and their last name through marriage is her late father’s first name.

So they’re Michael Parker Thomas and Michaela Parker Thomas. I am sure they would have loved to name one of their sons (they have 3) after her deceased dad as he had no sons and her sister only has girls, but…. Thomas Thomas? Michael Thomas Thomas?

These are not their names, but you get the drift-

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m sort of glad they’ve let this shit leak out. Because one day the 4 girls can watch these videos. And realize they are “less than” in their parents’ minds because they happened to be born the wrong sex. And I hope they rebel against this destructive belief wholeheartedly. 

I wouldn't want those four girls to be hurt that way. That would be so painful to them! Imagine their hurt.

And it doesn't mean they'd automatically change into card-carrying liberals. I mean, they might, but it's unlikely. They'd probably they'd continue along the same conservative path, but with sadness and anger and resentment.

It takes a lot for people to reject their family, friends and church--they don't usually do so because of an old  insta video

Edited by Jackie3

I grew up with twins named Tracy and Jordan.  One was male and one was female.  That was decades ago.  

• Upvote 2

I am quite curious to see how the "Daddy Date" will play out with Rhett. I assume that John will not dress up in a suit and present Rhett with flowers. I am positive Alyssa will not curl Rhett's hair. It seems unlikely she'll set out a bunch of outfits for him to choose from.

But beyond that, what will happen? They start these "dates" at age 4. By the time Rhett is four, he will have seen his sisters, full of excitement, dress up and go off with Daddy. He's going to want his date too!

Most likely, John and Rhett will go off for some fun active activity, like the playground or a ball game. I wonder if the girls (Allie will be nearly 12 at that point) will wonder about the differences in the "dates". By that point, will Allie be a bit grossed out about her dad showing up at the door like a boyfriend would? That might not happen until 15 or 16.

Although I'm guessing they will not call it a "date" when Rhett and John to out together. I'd put money on it.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

On 2/25/2023 at 8:42 PM, Jackie3 said:

I am quite curious to see how the "Daddy Date" will play out with Rhett. I assume that John will not dress up in a suit and present Rhett with flowers. I am positive Alyssa will not curl Rhett's hair. It seems unlikely she'll set out a bunch of outfits for him to choose from.

But beyond that, what will happen? They start these "dates" at age 4. By the time Rhett is four, he will have seen his sisters, full of excitement, dress up and go off with Daddy. He's going to want his date too!

Most likely, John and Rhett will go off for some fun active activity, like the playground or a ball game. I wonder if the girls (Allie will be nearly 12 at that point) will wonder about the differences in the "dates". By that point, will Allie be a bit grossed out about her dad showing up at the door like a boyfriend would? That might not happen until 15 or 16.

Although I'm guessing they will not call it a "date" when Rhett and John to out together. I'd put money on it.

The boys don’t go out on a date with daddy. Rhett will be dating mommy.

• Disgust 1

Erin and Chad have started doing Daddy dates (and they call it that)" except they do theirs once a week (one kid per weekday) and it's small things like going to the store or building a campfire. But they do call it Daddy Dates. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Erin and Chad have started doing Daddy dates (and they call it that)" except they do theirs once a week (one kid per weekday) and it's small things like going to the store or building a campfire. But they do call it Daddy Dates. 

I follow a family with 4 kids online. Each week they pair up with one other person and spend an hour doing something solely with that person. The pairs switch weekly. Seems like a good way to get to know each family member better. They don’t call it “dates.” That use of that verbiage for spending time with a child is weird. And does Chad also “date” Carson? And what about Erin? No solo time with mom? 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I follow a family with 4 kids online. Each week they pair up with one other person and spend an hour doing something solely with that person. The pairs switch weekly. Seems like a good way to get to know each family member better. They don’t call it “dates.” That use of that verbiage for spending time with a child is weird. And does Chad also “date” Carson? And what about Erin? No solo time with mom? 

Carson also get a Daddy date. Erin explained that they started doing this with Chad because he is out of the house all day while she is home with the kids and she makes time for each kid during the day (and in all fairness on her social media she has shown herself cooking and baking with the various kids one-on-one, working in the garden with th lem, playing the piano  etc.) but with Chad there are less opportunities so they set aside this little bit of time each day. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 8

I admit that as a mom of only 2 kids, I just can’t relate. My kids just spend plenty of time with their dad no matter what. We don’t have to schedule time. I guess it’s just one of many things you have to do when you have a lot of kids. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

They do age appropriate things, there's no mascara involved, and even Carson gets to go on a date. A big improvement over the Websters. It's just a bit hard listening to their "discovery" that 1-1 time is important with kids.

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

The boys don’t go out on a date with daddy. Rhett will be dating mommy.

OK, so little Rhett will dress up and ring the doorbell, handling flowers to Alyssa? It's going to be hard to wait four years to see that! It's really practice dating for preschoolers! 

It's particularly funny since neither John nor Alyssa had a prior relationship before they met each other. Is this how they think dating goes down in 2023? 

With my teens, dating meant watching a movie together, going out to "grab some food," game night with friends, studying together, etc.  Everything very casual and nothing too intense.

31 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I admit that as a mom of only 2 kids, I just can’t relate. My kids just spend plenty of time with their dad no matter what. We don’t have to schedule time. I guess it’s just one of many things you have to do when you have a lot of kids. 

We have 3 kids and we don't do a weekly thing, but once a month or so, I try to send two kids to my mom's and then my husband and I will do a special day with the other one (so they each get like 4 of these days a year).

• Upvote 6

On 2/10/2023 at 10:23 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I almost wish they somehow got it wrong and Rhett comes out a girl. I’m just so tired of the penis worship. 

Me too!  Not to sound mean but I did think, what in the world would these folks do if it did come out and it was a girl?  I mean I get they want a boy after 4 girls, but they never seemed as excited for any of them as they do this one.  Alyssa always said she wanted 6 kids, so I have a feeling they will try/or accidentally get pregnant again to 'try' for a brother for Rhett.  I can't help but feel a little sad for the girls, bc all Alyssa talks about is her over-excitement for a boy!

• Upvote 4

What would they do if the baby were born with ambiguous genitalia? not just the Websters but any of their ilk

4 minutes ago, Bobology said:

What would they do if the baby were born with ambiguous genitalia? not just the Websters but any of their ilk

I really really hope that never happens in a fundie family. Because they will handle it very poorly.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic